[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad game design in good games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 250x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 250x307
>block is the same button as the fast light attack
>>
>>320025452
>block

You're an idiot. Parry works perfectly.
>>
>>320025452
>good games
>>
>Circle button is only used in QTEs
>can't go to inventory if attacking
>letting go of ninja run while running causes you to stop before running normally
>>
>>320025967
Really? When your fighting monsoon it's the worst fucking thing ever when he does the cloud attack. After blocking alot of the time you do an attack afterward which leaves you vulnerable for the next like 20 hits. It's a fast paced hack n slash people are obviously going to be furiously pressing the buttons. Your screwed when the enemy does a combo.
>>
>>320026576
>. It's a fast paced hack n slash people are obviously going to be furiously pressing the buttons
>furiously pressing the buttons
>furiously
You are playing games wrong you idiot.
>>
>>320025452
No it isn't.
Light Attack = Square
Parry = Direction of enemys attack + Square

I know, I know, this can be a lot to your simple mind but just keep practising.
>>
File: ayyylmao.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayyylmao.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
It's a 2.5 hour babby's first button masher
>>
>>320025452
git gud
>>320026576
git gud
>>
>>320026576
Are you DSP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLdLnRNDT8
>>
>>320027224
>constantly moving
>have to stop and make sure you press the button once in the enemy direction
Again, fast paced game. A dedicated block would be useful.
>>
>>320027707
>have to stop and make sure you press the button once in the enemy direction
>make sure you press the button once in the enemy direction
>make sure you press the button once
>once
Yes, it's not that fucking hard. Do you have ADHD and have to mash the buttons?
>>
>>320027965
When you play rising are you not constantly pressing the attack button? That's how the game is supposed to be played maricon.
>>
>>320026576
Just reading your post made me git less gud.
>>
>>320028209
No, of course not. I'm pressing buttons when needed to. I want to attack? I'll attack. I want to parry? I'll parry. I'm not mashing buttons in uncontrollable way that makes making choices impossible.
>>
>>320028209
Which brings us full circle.

See >>320025967
You're an idiot.
>>
>>320026576
It's sad sad world. Gaming is dead because of you people.
>>
File: DS9qRnm.png (626 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
DS9qRnm.png
626 KB, 800x1132
>>320026576
man ,go back to minecraft, the most complex thing to think in there in a 3*3 box
>>
>There are people on /v/ who actually ever had trouble with Monsoon

You know what's funny, all you are laughing at that retard who can't parry properly and gets shit on by Monsoon. But when the game released on consoles, and again when it released on PC, there were dozens and dozens of threads of shitters crying because "wow Monsoon is soooo hard, epic finally a challenging game xD" and because they couldn't figure out how to use the parry

The same /v/ that declared this half-assed barebones game GOTY and jizzes itself over Rules of Nature all the time.
>>
>>320026008
It actually is though if you completely ignore that it has anything to do with metal gear solid.
>>
>>320028739
>/v/ is dominated by casuals

You're preaching to the choir son, we know that already. I've suspected it for awhile but only truly realized it when everyone told me Barroth from MHTri was the "wall" of that game and super hard.
>>
>>320028739
on normal and hard monsoon is pretty easy even without good parry skills, just bring 5 em grenades into the fight

the only bosses that i really found hard were mistral, excelsus, and armstrong phase 2 on revengeance

once you start very hard, mooks are more dangerous than bosses anyways

>>320029173
it's a better mgs game than movie gear solid and a better mgs story than the half-life pain
>>
>>320030238
>action spinoff is a better stealth adventure than the parent titles

Nah, MGS1 2, and PW are all greater.
>>
>>320026576
Bait. In the cloud attack, you literally just block once when he rushes at you from random directions. No need to spam the attack button.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.