[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OpenTTD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ottd.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ottd.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
So I started a new game of OpenTTD, and I've always thought that transporting coal by trian to the PowerPlants was the most cost efficient way tos tart earning money and giving back your debt, but probably some anons there have other opening srategies.

How do yous tart your game sin openTTD?
>>
Transporting memejuice by car to the harbour is the best way to earn cash
>>
>>320022579
can't transport oil by car in the 1930's yet to the refinneries.
>>
>>320022428
Coal is definitely the most efficient.

Lumber and Iron Ore are also pretty good and open up for you to make more links (since Coal is a single straight route)
>>
>>320023016
I try to transport gold to banks too, but it's not as good, I wonder why.

The problem with lumber is that as I selected a snow/mountains map, all the forrest are up ther and there is a long way to get to the processing plants.
>>
I also had the doubt, full load or just take whatever is waiting?
>>
>>320023412
The transport routes are totally different depending on which climate you pick. I meant lumber in the Temperate one. In the sub-arctic you need to construct the lumber mill yourself and manually replant the trees.

On the plus side, it makes more money than anything else.

Coal isn't as efficient on that climate than Temperate but its still good
>>
>>320023654
I always set them to fully load since it makes your ratings higher (and thus the pay)
>>
>>320022428

Wasn't there a server for this?

Also I also start with coal OP, and then I like to just do random shit like set up a passenger bus system.
>>
>>320023727
hmm I'll have to wait and earn more money before I can create my own indsutries.

First thigns first, let's pay the debt to the bank.
>>
Coal is one of the easiest starters, its just one step coal to power station. You can use coal to get a functional rail network then expand to other industries by grafting new tracks on to the existing line. The problem with starting in other industries is that they have several steps before they really start to pay out.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.