[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they bring back Beat'em ups? And I mean not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Why don't they bring back Beat'em ups? And I mean not half assed ones like DD Neon.
>>
>>320020049
stop
>>
Because 2D games suck ass
>>
>>
Predator Hunter master race.
>>
>>320020049
Because devs don't know if they should stick to the roots of the genre or innovate to make it more suited to modern times
>>
Ever wondered why Beat'em ups only last hour or 2 tops.
When you ware a kid and easily impressed you could play them over and over.

Try playng one now especially the most basic one and tell me how long til you get bored.
>>
File: phantom-breaker.jpg (134 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
phantom-breaker.jpg
134 KB, 640x360
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds was great.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
Because its evolution is better.
>>
>>320021827
Recently played through Streets of Rage with a friend of mine again. We got drunk and ended up replaying it all night.

Fucking great game.
>>
It was made for arcades and nothing more. It was made to take quarters out of kids pocket and they will have to give the game a few stage, like 4 or 5, before it's complete.
>>
>>320022017
dude i just started playing these games. Im starting with 1 and its amazing.
>>
The most popular online game in the world is a Beat em up. They are still very popular in Korea.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.