[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid Prime came out 13 years ago and has better design, atmosphere,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg (26 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg
26 KB, 250x348
Metroid Prime came out 13 years ago and has better design, atmosphere, world-building, and TECHNOLOGY than most games released in 2015.

How did they do it?
>>
>>320016693
>design, atmosphere, world-building
none of these things have anything to do with the year a game was released

>technology
no
>>
>>320016693
A good kick to the ass by Nintendo, effort and heart, and the fact that its basically Super Metroid = Prime as Super Mario World = Mario 64
>>
>>320016949
>none of these things have anything to do with the year a game was released

It does have to do with how lazy developers are nowadays.
>>
File: 8hwx1fq[1].jpg (201 KB, 500x1397) Image search: [Google]
8hwx1fq[1].jpg
201 KB, 500x1397
>>320016949
>technology
He didn't say technology, he said TECHNOLOGY.
>>
It's a shame that fucking artifact hunt exists
>>
>>320016693

It's a shame the controls are fucking trash.
>>
>>320018186
Don'y play the Wii version then.
>>
>>320018186
Play the Trilogy version.
>>
If I could play metroid prime with M+KB my life would be complete
>>
>>320017849
I know what he meant, it doesn't change my point
>>
>Visor Reflections
>Rain, Steam, and Magma, visor effects
>Ice Beam has ice particles build up when charging the beam
>Instead of loading multiple maps at once, every room was loaded once at a time, making the environments much more detailed and the waiting times were reduced in Trilogy
>Ran at 60FPS
>All in 2002, a year after Majora's Mask Release

Holy fuck 2002 was impressive for vidya.
>>
>>320018585
Is there a mod that allows you to do that with Dolphin?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.