[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash Bros Tourney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1396997464268.jpg (249 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1396997464268.jpg
249 KB, 600x849
So, I'm on Smash Bros for Wii U after not playing it for a couple of months and I'm trying to join a For Glory Tourney but they all get canceled due to not meeting the minimum required participants.

Since we can't create a normal bracket online I'm wondering if it's possible to gather the required amount of people to completely fill a bracket and using it for our own tourney.

Want to try this with a small brackets first so we will need 8 people to try this. Does anyone want to attempt this with me?
>>
File: beautiful joe.png (613 KB, 738x958) Image search: [Google]
beautiful joe.png
613 KB, 738x958
No one interested?
>>
>>320012693
It's more likely to work if you go to the general. Sadly, there are only faggots with an inflated ego there.

In the other hand, maybe timezones and the such will make this not go as smoothly. You're better off getting in FFA /v/eekends tourneys (some people are down to do Teams in a separate room if FFA are too much)
>>
Just wait until some other anons start up the Smash /v/eekend thread.
>>
>>320013559
Yeah, I was doing those FFA but most of them were laggy so I quit going to those.

Are you saying that the tourneys online are separated by region? Or just that people might get confused by what time the tourney starts? Looking through the brackets here they all have different rules that make it kind of easy to tell apart.
>>
>>320013742
but i'm tired of the FFA smash /v/eekend.
>>
Git in here
>>
>>320013997
As easy as it seems, people will often not show up, specially on the Internet. I often participate in online Melee/Sm4sh tournaments with about 16-32 people and most of the time just half of them show up.

You could try your luck on the /v/eekends, ask if someone is down for Singles/Doubles, share a code and there you have it.

They fucking suck tho.
>>
>>320014425
I never organized anything like this myself. I have only participated in one online smash tourney and it went well. These tourneys updated every 5 minutes and I've been looking through it for the past 20 minutes and only one for fun room managed to fill up. All the for glory rooms are in the bottom and no one joins them. Is it really that difficult to gather 8-16-32 people to have a tourney in a thread and when the tourneys refresh just flood a room?
>>
>>320014976
Why would you enter FD-only, single elimination, 3 minute-match tourney anyway?
>>
>>320015118
They're quick. And Fun. I guess.
>>
>>320015118
Honestly I just wanted to participate in a bracket and play 1v1. I was getting tired of the free for all. Is that a crime?
>>
You m8s want me to start a tourney?
>>
>>320015685
Yeh. There's a bigger audience with the /v/eekend tourneys. Maybe I can reach some people that might be interested in the For Glory brackets.
>>
>>320015376
Then fucking do what these anons are telling you. You've got challonge, 1v1 requests on /v/eekends, anthers.

Stop being a faggot and go find soneone to play with you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.