[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that this is the best game of all time ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
It actually is
The soundtrack, classic zones, characters, other players, community and world were just amazing in 2004-2008
>>
>>320011506
WAS the best game of all time.
>>
The Music and General Atmosphere is still great. Its the gameplay that changed.

Related:
https://youtu.be/9vh1Z78CncM
>>
Thaat was the pinnacle of WoW. inb4 Wrath babbies say WotLK was the best.
>>
File: 1447468470691.jpg (9 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
1447468470691.jpg
9 KB, 213x236
>>320011606
>>
Can we all agree OP is some fat, balding loser with no future?
>>
File: 1428606172710.png (266 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1428606172710.png
266 KB, 680x583
>>320011506
>BC

I could write a fucking college thesis on why you're wrong, but you would just ignore it and call me a shitposter.

Keep praising Blizzard's shit game, faggot. WoW was always garbage.
>>
>>320011632
this. I'm not a big MoP/WoD fan by any means, but they both have amazing soundtracks
>>
Why did WoW ever get so insanely popular?
Marketing to normies who didn't know shit about vidya and immediately got addicted to the Skinner box?
>>
>>320011709
Im not fat and not a balding loser faggot
Cant tell you about the future thing right now
>>
>Loved the game until 6.2
>Like really loved it
>Over 2 Years of time Played on my main that I made in BC
>Over 1 year on my Nilla Hunter
>So hyped for Warlords
>Turned out so badly

I really hope Legion ends up delivering. I have missed WoW the last 6 months. I specifically remember the music for WoD being so great.

https://youtu.be/Roo0WYYnM54
>>
File: 1449201489813.jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
1449201489813.jpg
37 KB, 417x426
>>320011749

this

I enjoyed WoW from 2004-2007 but even I realize that's only because I was young as fuck then and WoW was my first taste of a multiplayer open world

WoW is absolutely nothing special but manchildren will defend it to no end
>>
>>320011960
>>Turned out so badly
>I really hope Legion ends up delivering
>being so addicted that you still want to get back in after being disappointed
>>
>>320011895
>Marketing to normies who didn't know shit about vidya and immediately got addicted to the Skinner box?

You answered your own question. It was only good for people who never played an MMO before.
>>
>>320012087
I haven't even bought it yet. This is the first time I have not purchased a WoW Expac the second it was available. I am being really careful so I don't get burned. Being a careful consumer around products you cautiously support is a meme now I guess.
>>
>you will never have to go through the ball-busting gear progression system that existed in BC
it's getting harder and harder to be a masochist in today's industry where handholding is being pushed more and more
>>
What's so special about it?

The combat in this game is pathetic.

Seriously I want to know why some people think that this game is good.
>>
>>320012375

nostalgia, sunken cost effect, and stockholm syndrome all combined

it's a very powerful effect
>>
>>320011506
pretty much, but fuck the rng in pvp
>>
>>320012293
BC was literal garbage until Sunwell and the Welfare Gear came out. Anyone who says otherwise is lying, didn't play it, or has rose tinted glasses. Not saying Modern WoW is any better (outside of Mythic Raiding,) but still, BC was really bad.
>>
>>320012293
>Wildstar has no handholding
>Goes Free to Play in less time than SWTOR

Its because its shit not because of casuals senpai
>>
>>320012191
>still wants to buy it
>careful
lol
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 246x205
>>320011506
>I grew up with something and now i feel greatly nostalgic and think back fondly about my experiences with this.

Alright anon
>>
>remember BC as the best memory i had of wow
>get to 70 on a private server
>level up was nice did all dungeons some pvp
>bored and can't be bothered with raids since it was all i did back then

Guess i missed the community the most which just isn't there anymore.
>>
>>320011506
Fuck off blizz shill.
>>
when I did the tbc timewalk dungeons I realized how bad the dungeons were

black morass might be the worst thing in WoW's history
>>
>>320012860
>Waits to see how the product is before he buys it
>Not careful
People have different tastes Anon. Its okay to not like things :3
>>
>>320012191
I'm still playing(well, atm i'm just farming myth archi so everyone gets the mounts twice a week).

But the leveling experience is actually the best so far, the myth raids(when they were current, now everything is nerfed) were some of the best we have seen(BRF myth is probably my favorite raid). Sadly, past that there's NOTHING TO DO. The garrison campaign is aight but short and spread out(garrison campaign from 6.2 is just shit), tanaan dailies are just awful, there's no reason to go out and do shit(unless you want flying I guess, but it's useless).

Cm's are fun though.
>>
>>320012528
>if people like something for reasons I don;t understand, they MUST be sheep!

Euphoric
>>
>>320012528
so why are people who don't know any better making such retarded comments

WE GET IT, IT WAS YOUR FIRST ONLINE MMORPG EXPERIENCE BACK WHEN THAT WAS THE NEW COOL THING

WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO
>>
>>320013019
I guess it's too much to expect you to immediately realize how addicted you are
>>
File: tumblr_n8cvqolpu91rcb09yo1_1280.jpg (422 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8cvqolpu91rcb09yo1_1280.jpg
422 KB, 600x900
>>320011506
it needed more THICK characters
>>
>>320013026
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, legendary ring shit is the worst fucking shit ever.

Takes a million years to get, and then you have to do like 15 weeks or some shit for each one of your specs(unless you have 3 dps specs)
>>
>>320013095
>Literally haven't played since the Week 6.2 dropped
>Addicted

Anon, I think you need to read the definition of addiction.
>>
>>320013059
where'd he say they're sheep? the sunken cost fallacy especially is a trick of the psyche that affects absolutely everyone and is hard as fuck to see when you're doing it
>>
>realm you played on
>your main
>favorite zone
>favorite raid
>favorite character
>are you excited for Legion
>What xpac did you leave at, if applicable
>>
I love WoW, but the gameplay just isn't good enough for it to be a greatest game of all time. It always will be a really nostalgic game, I still enjoy playing it, but mmo combat is not that exciting.
>>
File: 20130723021508a0dj8o7da8mjnguv.jpg (91 KB, 666x444) Image search: [Google]
20130723021508a0dj8o7da8mjnguv.jpg
91 KB, 666x444
>>320011506
Wrath was superior.
>>
>>320013186
I was just joking around, I don't know anything about you obviously m8
Go on and have fun with the game if you think it will be better
I just wanna point this out
>>Literally haven't played since the Week 6.2 dropped
>>Addicted
That's not how addiction works
An alcoholic stays alcoholic his whole life
If he's sober for 5 years that just means he's not given in to his addiction for 5 years, it doesn't mean he stops being addicted
>>
>>320012375

Well playing a mage, with a entire screen of spell, and having so much to use to counter a rogue in a battle... Didn't found that on any other games.

Neither so much type of controls with different effect. blinded, stun, rooted, disarmed, silenced, countered, polymorphed, fear and terror... In most games it's just "-X% to speed/attack damage"

Honestly, what is for you a good MMO for combat ? I did not see much difference in most mmo, but most mmo were wow-clone, so...

Warhammer online was more group based, with the use of bodyblock. Didn't have that in wow, but there was this feeling that you need a group to be efficient, but if you are "just good", you can fuck up pretty much everything.

The difference between a good and a bad player with the same class and stuff was giant, too.
>>
>>320011506
>tfw my friends are all resubbing to WoW
>they all keep trying to get me to resub too

Help me I don't want to get addicted again
>>
TBC was great but it was the beginning of the end. While on one hand the raids were on average better the rest went to complete shit because the mentality was and is WoW=raids. This point of view is really shortsighted because in the end you're accepting an arcade game instead of an RPG and probably haven't even noticed.

Think about it for a second, all the immersion breaking mechanics were introduced in TBC, heroics came from there and what is that supposed to be? If I go inside a cave I don't have a setting mode before entering the cave and there aren't two parallel caves but just one. This not only is something completely out of place in an RPG but is also detrimental to the idea of a specific dungeon where a name doesn't carry any weight because there are 12 version of it. In other words it killed the dungeon idea as an ever present reality in a living world and put in its stead a stage.

The second thing is resilience. What the hell is resilience and why is my damage and crit different on this one guy, what makes him so special? Nothing in reality, just a made up stat that was put there to make everything balanced, and here's the third thing: balance.

With TBC the balance mania started and with it more classes became viable but at what cost? First of all if hybrids have the same damage as pure DPS it makes pure DPS inherently inferior and outdated. Second, in the end the only way to make SURE everything is balanced is homogenizing all classes.
There are other aspects that hurt the game that entered in TBC like stat bloating and the loss of peculiar weapons with different effects that required more thought than oh bigger number>change.
All in all I think TBC was good for what it was while on the other side it definitely was the beginning of the end but the people kept asking for it so raid town: warcraft is what they rightfully got.
>>
>>320013450
>Do Coke once every 3 years
>Addicted
You realize an addiction mentally fucks you up right? Waiting 3 years between hits (or 1 year in my case) would mean it isn't an addiction because quite frankly senpai I would not be able to wait that year for new things or fun things to do. I would be eating Blizzard's shitty asshole right now.
>>
>>320013842
yeah no like I said I dunno shit about you
I just wanted to say thinking that an addict who's clean is "cured" of the addiction is wrong
>>
File: shieldwalloftext.jpg (61 KB, 388x408) Image search: [Google]
shieldwalloftext.jpg
61 KB, 388x408
>>320013380
>Realm
Shattered hand
>Fleshsifter, hunter
Favorite zone
>Darkshire
Used to gank when I was level 41 in vanilla, aimed-shotting people and hiding behind world geometry -- eventually crowds of level 20-25s would bring me down in epic battles
>favourite raid
Onyxia
>favourite character
Snurk bucksqueak the zepplin master near org
>not playing legion
>left after bc
>>
>>320013607

He has a point though. MMO combat is just not as exciting as other games. Tera probably did the most to fix this but the fact is in WoW you'll spend a lot of the time using the same spell rotation and standing still trading auto attacks.

Its okay for something in a game you love to be shit. WoW is hella nostalgic but its boring as shit to fight sometimes
>>
>>320013380
Arthas
Orc Lock
Winterspring
MC
Drek'Thar
Interested but will wait and see
Vanilla
>>
I liked Wrath the best but probably because I had an awesome guild.
>>
>>320015107
I feel like the greatest memories come from the games you had the most engaging social interactions in
>>
>>320014363
well, the thing was that yea, pve was a bit boring, but still (as a mage) you had a mana bar to watch. As arcane, with a rotation that did something like 300% dmg for 600% mana cost on the last spell, it was important. the rotation was also a bit hard to keep. Fire was more boring but you had the mana hungry rotation and the regen one. The only interresting matter as DPS was to deal with the boss attacks and adds, and most boss were at least interesting in this matter.

But for PVP, nah, never saw another game that required me to bind so much buttons.

>>320015107

May be linked.
Wrath was a step into casu, but at least most instances were not just for autism tiers guilds.
>>
>>320011506
RIP, game of the century.
>>
File: 1449751175986.jpg (29 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
1449751175986.jpg
29 KB, 480x446
>>320013380
>realm you played on
twisting nether
>your main
Rogue, been every race under the sun. favorite ones were troll female on horde and dwarf female on alliance
>favorite zone
Darkmoon Island
>favorite raid
Zul'Aman
>favorite character
Silas Darkmoon
>are you excited for Legion
ehh, I want to play it with my friends but I think it's gonna be very disappointing
>What xpac did you leave at, if applicable
played actively tbc-wotlk, took breaks in cata and mop and i've only played two months of WoD
>>
TBC was the best of times but also the worst of times
It introduced flying and arenas, and the Sunwell patch effectively killed the game
>>
>>320013380
Bloodfeather / Defias Brotherhood.
Warlock at first, then switched servers and played priest for PvE, mage for PvP. Eventually switched to maining rogue.
Ashenvale.
Ulduar.
Not in the slightest. I've lost every shred of hope.
Cataclysm.
>>
>>320015858
>>320015858
also a SHARED CAPITOL CITY WHAT THE FUCKBLIZZZZZ
>>
WoW was always shit, and is directly responsible for the death of the MMO genre

yes, I'm mad
>>
>>320013380
Aggrammar
Undead Warlock
Silithus
Ulduar
Loth'remar
I wish I could say no
I left when the dungeon-nerfing cata patch dropped, came back briefly for the first month of WoD. Started on vanilla release day
>>
>>320017503
Every other company didn't have to try and copy its mechanics
>>
No the gameplay is fucking awful and relies on you getting addicted to it to enjoy it solely for the purpose of feeding the monthly subscription. No game can actually be good and use this business model because no good game mechanics can be built around instentivising the player to play for that long.
>>
>>320017623
>gee this game sure is raking in cash
>lets not copy it and create something original
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.