[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A couple years ago everyone was saying that MW1 is the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Modern_Warfare_2_cover.png (211 KB, 312x385) Image search: [Google]
Modern_Warfare_2_cover.png
211 KB, 312x385
>A couple years ago everyone was saying that MW1 is the last great COD, and MW2 was particularly shit out of the shitfest the series turned into
>Now everyone's saying MW2 was the last great COD and everything released after it is shit
Not too long now and it'll be MW3.
>>
>>320003329
>everyone
>>
>>320003329
>LE NEO /V/ ISN'T REAL XD POST BEST OF /V/ OR FUNNY MAYMAYS TOTALLY NOT GOING TO SCREEN CAP FOR KARMA ALSO VISIT MY TUMBLR!
>>
>>320003329
Who the heck cares? CoD's been utter shit after UO.
>>
We're far removed from MW3 and the overall opinion is that MW2 is the last good CoD.

For me it was WaW, since I only care about the campaign. MW2 campaign was just aight, but I have steam friends that STILL play the multiplayer to this very day.
>>
Black Ops was the last good COD. MW3 is the best Modern Warfare.
>>
File: ayyyyy.png (42 KB, 498x77) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.png
42 KB, 498x77
Both games are pretty dope desu senpai.
>>
>>320003575
>t. a 15 year old
>>
>>320003329
MW2 was fucking terrible though, an unbalanced mess. When did the opinion change?

Why the fuck are we talking about COD? What the fuck is happening to /v/ i'm scared
>>
MW2 was an unbalanced clusterfuck, but if you knew how to abuse the system it was insanely fun
>>
>>320003794
>>320003842

MW2, contrary to the common "oh it was such unbalanced fun!" statement was the MOST balanced COD. Everything worked, everything had a counter and even the situational gear was not without those situations popping up often. It's the only COD where players were using everything months, years after release and only a couple guns like the F2000 went unused. All the other CODs quickly narrowed down their loadouts, MW2 has no such standout items.

All weapon types had reasons for use, the weapons in each type had several popular guns. Despite being Secondary and being the most powerful they ever have been in the series, the shotgun was not dominating that slot, even mere pistols saw lots of use because pistols were designed well to be a competitor weapon, not a worthless throwaway that all later CODs reduced them to. Even the almighty Stopping Power finally had some competition in its perk slot.

Plus it had some really good maps. Only the very large maps were shit
>>
>>320004354
I agree with this man.
The main reason i liked MW2 wasn't the multiplayer but the spec ops mode. It was really fun to play with a friend on veteran.
>>
the killstreaks in mw2 got a little out of hand but the weapons were great
>>
>>320003329
Am I the only one sick of all this advanced warfare shit? I miss CoD back when it was just run around and kill each other, now there are retarded jetpacks with stupid ass powers and the menu system seems complicated
>>
>>320004354
>even mere pistols saw lots of use because pistols were designed well to be a competitor weapon, not a worthless throwaway that all later CODs reduced them to
Have you ever used the pistols in BO2? They're all downright OP, even the executioner.
>>
>>320004354
One man army and grenade launchers are not balanced idiot.
>>
MW2 was a piece of shit. Doesn't mean it wansn't fun due to stupid ass shit like one man army danger close and a grenade launcher.
>>
I haven't played a CoD since the first that was very different from what CoD has become but bought Black Ops 3 out of boredom and I'm actually having a good time. Perhaps you guys are just burned out and should play something else instead of going for the annual rehashes.
>>
Are you talking about multiplayer, anon? I got no opinion about it since I play CoD games for their explosive single player campaigns. MW1 and MW2 had both great plots but MW3 was somewhat a letdown. So yeah, those underage kiddos better have some taste.

MW1 > MW2 > MW3
>>
>>320005183

Doesn't mean you can't counter it with any of the other OP weapons in the game.

If someone is fucking you over with OMA + Launcher, go UMP45 and rush over there and kill him, if he gets you and gets a harrier, shoot the fucking thing down and try again.

Shit was easy if you knew what to do.
>>
>>320006048
So basically what you're saying is
>Use either the UMP .45 or OMA and you'll never lose!
Doesn't that kinda defeat your original point?
>>
>>320003329
WAW was the best cod, needs a remastered edition or a new world war game
>>
>>320003329
MW2 was when the cancer became terminal.
>>
File: no-russian-modern-warfare-2.jpg (63 KB, 450x247) Image search: [Google]
no-russian-modern-warfare-2.jpg
63 KB, 450x247
>>320003575
lol wut? Modern Warfare 3 was ruined by Infinity War half finishing it before they all retaliated and left to form Respawn. Titanfall may get lots of hate but its better than all the other futuristic CoDs. Even Crysis 2 is arguably better than all the futuristic CoDs

Modern Warfare 2 was a good game. Its campaign was great if a bit short. The problem with Modern Warfare 2 was the consolization of PC CoD.

Modern Warfare 2 was the worst thing to happen to PC in the last decade. It established that if a game was going to get good PC sales regardless of degradation of mechanics, the developers could basically say fuck you to their userbase regardless of the criticism of its mechanics even when they were actually degrading to the experience. Namely matchmaking erasing dedicated server selection. That ruined Modern Warfare 2 on PC and eventually the devs changed their stance on the issue after CoD sales plummeted on PC.

Modern Warfare 2 also asserted that the game would sell fine even with the $10 price hike IT INTRODUCED. $60 price tags on PC are standard now because of Modern Warfare 2.

It also made consolization common across big releases on PC. You can get permanently banned for hacking the game just to change the FOV. That's fucking despicable

Modern Warfare 2 was the flagship of corruption on PC. FUCK MODERN WARFARE 2!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.