[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People don't really like this game, right? It's all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: super mario 3d world.png (187 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
super mario 3d world.png
187 KB, 250x357
People don't really like this game, right? It's all just a ruse? Are Nintendo fanboys really pathetic enough to pretend to like Super Mario 3D World? It is easily the worst major Mario game.
>>
I like the part where you explained your opinions instead of being an elitist retard
>>
>>319998137
>"holy shit this game sucks"
>doesn't tell why
>>
Probably my favorite since SNES. Fight me.
>>
>>319998137
>It is easily the worst major Mario game.

That would be Sunshine or 64.
>>
File: 1447113006532.png (85 KB, 549x854) Image search: [Google]
1447113006532.png
85 KB, 549x854
>>319998137
>>
>>319998137
It's a tech demo software. Being plain boring game is within my expectation.
>>
I really want to like Sunshine but I just can't. I understand a game having an overarching theme but goddamn I wish there was at least one world that wasn't some sort of tropical bullshit. FLUDD is one of the biggest crutches in platforming history. And the final boss is probably the worst final boss I've ever fought in a Nintendo game.

Fuck Sunshine.
>>
>>319999282
Not him but from what I have watched of the game it is really dumbed down and simplified from sunshine/64/galaxy. It also looks really plastic and doesn't have a definitive setting it trys to suck you into which was a really big reason why sunshine amd galaxy were good. I have been on the fence with this game for a while in whether or not to pick it up, am I missing something that makes this game a must own? I don't plan on playing this with any friends, considering this for a buy 2 get 1 free deal (other 2 are xeno and yoshi)
>>
File: 14326440412635.png (852 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
14326440412635.png
852 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>319999881

>I haven't played it, but here's my opinion.

Nice1m8. I'm guessing this applies to OP too.
>>
>>319998137

I hated it.

I still think the green stars are the worst thing to happen to 3d mario. The level design itself fails to engage the player on almost every level, and they completely rely on green stars to engage the player.

Most games, the levels themselves are fun to play, and the secrets are purely a bonus for those who want to go after them. In 3d world, the levels feel entirely 100% designed around hiding green stars, and little else. Otherwise it barely has any new ideas, almost everything was taken wholesale from galaxy/3d land/etc.
>>
>>319999881

I'd get something else, this game really isn't worth it.

If you mindlessly like running around fisher price playsets for green stars, you might enjoy, but do you like challenge? If so, you'll literally only have fun during champion's road, like I did. Do you like new and creative levels? Then go play galaxy, this game steals everything from that game.

This game is literally New Super Mario Bros, but easier and more long winded
>>
>>319999881
>Not him but from what I have watched of the game
Do you like seriously think this validates you r point?
>>
>>319998137

I play it with the wife. We both enjoy it.
>>
>>319998137
I liked it. It's not very deep or difficult, but it has good presentation and music. I bought a Wii U because I wanted to play Smash Bros, and I consider this game to have been a worthwhile purchase.
>>
>>319999881
If you don't plan to play it with oither people then don't bother.
Get DKC instead.
>>
>>320001152
Did your wife's son like it?
>>
I think it's cool as a co op platformer but there are big problems with it

>most green stars are about looking off the beaten path rather than platforming skills or using critical thinking
>only last 5% of the game is hard
>bosses are laughably easy
>>
>>319999881
>from what I have watched of the game

Opinion discarded
>>
File: boom boom.png (46 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
boom boom.png
46 KB, 250x202
Why does Nintendo insist that anyone still cares about this generic shit?
>>
>>319998137
I agree OP. The new mario games are flimsy pieces of shit with terrible platforming.

DKCR/DKCTF are far better.
>>
>>319999881
I watched a whole playthrough of it and it looks great. It sounds like your problem is that you're expecting it to be part of the 64/sunshine/galaxy line of games when really it's completely separate. it looks like it's closer to a sequel to the 2D sidescrollers than it does to those
>>
Yeah I preferred nsmbu desu
>>
>>320001659
You mean his possible step son?

Don't be a memeing kuckposter
>>
>>320002237

While I agree that they are truer to the 2d games, I think that type of level design just doesn't fit the 3d play style.

Mario 64/Sunshine had it right, on focusing on larger levels, and giving the players more movement options, as opposed to making more levels, but much much smaller and more linear. 3d platformers are kind of harder intrinsically because you have to factor in another dimension and depth perception when landing on platforms. In order to balance that, they decided that mario platformers should have wider platforms to land on, but make the levels larger and give the players drastically increased movement options to create a different type of difficulty. What 3d world did was nerf all of the movement options, kept all of the large platforms because they don't want difficulty for the kiddies, and made no effort to engage the player in any of the two previous ways, and instead just lazily threw a bunch of green stars in there for "difficulty and engagement"
>>
The cat suit is completely overpowered.
If you play the game without it, it's not quite as easy.
>>
>>319998137
It's not a ruse. It's mostly "muh open world Mario" which hasn't been much a thing since 2002.

Mario games are pretty modest with file sizes too, so Nintendo wants to push for lots of levels more than wash-rinse-repeat 6-7 times to completion.

Hell, I ain't even turning a blind eye to that plight of open world Mario either just for hating what I like. It isn't beyond understanding but I personally wanna see them strike a balance with open ended explorable worlds with the time-trial pacing of the 1-Up Studio games.
>>
>>320001882
Super Mario 3 standardized Mario games in terms of gameplay balance and physics. The original only set the fundamentals.
>>
>>320002773

I'm pretty sure I played most of the game without the cat suit, and still thought it was way too easy. I also don't think the cat suit is that good compared to tanooki suit

It is sad though that you've had to add the stipulation of "the challenge is OK, if you don't constantly use that game's signature powerup" ever since super mario world
>>
>>
>>319998137
it is the best Mario game after Bros 3 and 64.

The Galaxy games are terrible platformers.
>>
Finished it yesterday, it was mediocre. The only thing I need from mario is Galaxy 3, never ever though.
>>
>>320003468
That's some pretty shit taste, m8
>>
I really like it
>>
>>320003808

Galaxy is pretty neat in that it's a hybrid between the two 3d mario play styles.

It has some of the movement options and health of 64/sunshine along with having multiple objectives per level, but it has linear levels that are smaller, shorter, and more quantity

If they just made the galaxy games actually challenging, it would probably be my favorite. Like I said in an earlier post though, if they are going to keep the games "true to the 2d playstyle" they can't also try and make them easy as fuck ,or else you just have nothing but large giant platforms floating in space
>>
>>320003578
Bros 3 isn't even top 5 Just about every game after it shits all over it.
>>
>>320003468
>Screencapping anything that claims Sunshine as the best Mario

I'm guessing that was your post, faggot
>>
>>320004214
The late game comet levels in Galaxy 1 were probably one of the most challenging levels of all the 3D Marios.

Only Sunshine comes close to that in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>320004475
Galaxy 2's post game is much harder than Galaxy 1's
>>
>>320004517
I dunno, I only remember the last two levels being pretty hard where you had could only be hit once and the levels were pretty long.
>>
>>320004764

Even Arin from game grumps did that shit in like 2 goes.

Saying "do this level again but don't get hit and not checkpoints lol" is a pretty shitty way to add difficulty.
>>
>>319998137
didn't have as much actual content as i'd like but the mechanics were solid
>>
I actually liked the game, it was fun and somewhat challenging on the later levels like Bowsers castle and Champions road.
>>
>>320000353
>>320002237
>>320001505
>>320000987
These are the impressions I get from watching it, as in it does not look good to me. Tell me how I am wrong and what it actually feels like to play it, wii u doesn't do demos where the fuck would I be playing this without buying it? jesus, if I played it I wouldn't be asking, this is just how it looks to me
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.