[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NWN2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg (29 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg
29 KB, 250x357
Never got past the [second act?] in the original campaign of this. Coming back to play it in its full.

I have the Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir expansion sets. Are both worth playing in addition to the original campaign?

Is that Mysteries of Westgate expansion worth getting?
>>
>>319994639
Play MotB at the very least since it's the best part
>>
>>319994639
MotB is a must, Zehir is a fun romp but not much the way of story. Westgate I never got around to trying.

What's your character, OP?
>>
>>319994873

I like to play Fighter/Paladin/Divine Champion. Always feels versatile, fear is the most annoying thing in the D&D ruleset so I don't have to worry about it, and I heard crit-immune monsters plague the original campaign.
>>
>>319994639
MotB is fucking amazing, but it takes place directly after events of OC campaign so you're supposed to finish that one first before playing MotB.
Mysteries of Westgate is also great.
Storm of Zehir is more combat focused with less story, similar to Icewind Dale games. You also create the entire party yourself, no recuitable companions.
>>
>>319995267

Paladin or Cleric are both good choices for OC and MotB, and being disease immune is a great boon.
>>
>>319995619
>so you're supposed to finish that one first before playing MotB.
Or you can do what every sane person does and read a summary of the story so far instead of unironically subjecting yourself to NWN2 OC.
>>
>>319995887
Only memesters like yourself hate NWN2 OC considering none of you ever got past Act 1 and never saw the game get going.
>>
>>319996079
Like the trial that might have been decent, but then they decided to pull a Bioware at the last moment and make the entire questline completely irrelevant because loltrialbycombat? Amazing design there, anon.
>>
>>319995619
>>319996079

OP again. I think I stopped playing years back somewhere in Neverwinter. If I remember, that Neverwinter Nine prestige class was story-locked. I'm not forced to take a level of that class, am I? It looks like total shit desu.
>>
>>319996384
You ain't forced to take it. It simply becomes available for picking at start of Chapter 3, for everyone (provided you fulfil the feat requirements).
>>
>>319995887
I thought it was alright. I made a dickass warlock and had fun throwing logical fallacies at the courtroom and watching the bitch ass prosecutor throw a bitch fit because the room ate it all up.
>>
>>319994639
Man, i really want to love this game, as i am a huge dnd fag, but i just can't get over the shitty UI, camera settings and the retarded stronghold garbage.
>>
File: Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1080
>>319994639
MoTB is very worth it. SoZ is also decent although it's far more of a dungeon crawling focus. Mysteries of Westgate is pretty neat, although it's very short and has a small level range so it's more of a side adventure.

>must have mods
Be sure to install Kaedrin PRC pack, HD UI and Facelift.

Also if you want amazing modules try
>Path of Evil
Takes you from level 1-20+ so feels like a campaign, lots of skillchecks, can customize party member builds, starter quest differents based on mage/rogue/fighter, biggest NWN1&2 module by far with tons of content, quests, varied as fuck locations, actual worldmap of Faerun with its 4 corners for you to explore, open ended, non linear, stronghold like OC

>>319997465
UI is not really a problem.
Same for camera, you just have to switch it to Strategy Mode
>>
File: extract brain.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
extract brain.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.