[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of buying this during Christmas sales after playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: dark-soul-2.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark-soul-2.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Thinking of buying this during Christmas sales after playing Dark Souls 1.

Why does /v/ hate it so much?

I've seen gameplay and it looks pretty good.

Should I buy?
>>
I've not played very much of it but the impression I get is that it's good but doesn't live up to it's predecessor, and in true /v/ style this makes it the worst thing ever.
>>
>>319993620
it's the worst souls game, but it's still a pretty good game
>>
>>319993620
Its not as good as DS1, but its still a solid game if you have the right mindset.

Basically this;

Good single-player game with some co-op options.

Shitty multiplayer game with bad PVP.

If that's fine with you, you'll have fun and get 45+ hours out of it easy, if not more.
>>
>>319993620
It's a fun game, but the game design and level design is just awful. and, what's worse than that is the story. It's like fan fiction, which is the case because they chsnged directors.
>>
>>319993620
>Why does /v/ hate it so much?
I really can't tell you. /v/ just doesn't make any sense sometimes.

SOTFS is by far the best game in the Souls series.
>most variety in combat, weapons, clothing, playstyles, builds
>hardest game while remaining fair
A common misconception is that the game throws dozens of enemies at you at once. This generally only happens because these players rush into a room without any consideration of their surroundings.
>some of the best looking and most atmospheric environments in the series
Only Bloodborne, thanks to the upgraded engine, is better in some cases.
>best functioning online, both for pvp and co-op
Soul Memory was a retarded idea and there's nothing positive I have to say about it, but it isn't so bad that it actually gets in your way. It's a nuisance at worst. Netcode and overall ping is the best of the series and this somehow got a lot worse in BB, wtf FROM.

I can go on and on about how this is objectively superior.
>>
>>319993620
I bought it.

The artificial difficulty is real, but you can overcome it with co-op and a bow and some arrows.
>>
SOTFS was my first touch to DSII and I've liked to so far. I've played it for about 20 hours. I do multiplayer though so that might be the reason. My biggest gripe is that the world doesn't seem to flow from area to another as smoothly as it did in DSI.
>>
>>319994064
There's no artificial difficulty that exists in Ds2 that doesn't exist in Ds1.
>>
>>319994196
Nah, it's more structured like DeS rather than almost totally open world like DaS.
>>
>>319993980
>/v/ just doesn't make smy sense sometimes
Oh, hello, Reddit.

>Scholar of the First Shill is by far the best Souls game
>hardest game
>while remaining fair
>the unending ganks are a "misconception"
>some of the best looking and most atmospheric environments
>objectively superior
Aye m80 noice maymay ye got there
>>
>>319994215
He probably talks about multi-enemy encounters and/or shockwaves, both of which have been immeasurably improved with SOTFS. Even then it wasn't so bad that it was gamebreaking, only annoying.

>>319994323
>Oh, hello, Reddit.
And your post is disregarded. I've almost never been to that place, but ANYONE knows that /v/ is a complete shithole.
>>
>>319994323
>memeing this hard
>>
>>319994373
No shit, newfag.
>/v/ doesn't make any sense sometimes
>sometimes
Go back to your meme site.
>>
>>319994425
>implying that is memeing hard
>>
File: spurdo thumb.png (68 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
spurdo thumb.png
68 KB, 800x750
shrine of amana is totally fair and not bullshit at all, you should always walk around with an upgraded bow and 500 arrows
>>
>>319994520
>implying that isn't
>>
SotFS fixes most of the problems DaS2 had except for specific areas like Iron Keep and Shrine of Amana

The DLC are all great though and though the bosses are kinda lackluster compared to DaS/DeS, it's still a really solid game. A lot of the QoL and UI upgrades are good too.

I'd rec a buy if you're a fan of the souls games, especially if you can manage a steep discount somewhere.
>>
>>319993620
It's not bad, it's just disappointing. Played for just under 100 hours, so it's still definitely worth it if your a souls fan, unless you the type to straight up drop games.

Basically, the negatives are:
-The bosses are largely uninteresting humanoid types that are often recycled or pit you against multiple enemies at once in favor of a well thought out 1 on 1 duel.
-Despite the online infrastructure being much more reliable, invasions and the other gameplay elements based around it are incredibly rare because of the effort you have to go through to get cracked red eye orbs (there is no infinite invasion item)
-The world itself is kind of a clusterfuck and doesn't seamlessly blend into itself in the way DaS1 did.
-SHOCKWAVES

Oh, and of course everyone was upset at the downgraded graphics from the original footage. If you can get past that, you get a serviceable Souls game that's still better than 90% of the AAA shit that comes out. Just a note, I haven't played SotFS, which everyone seems to clamor about.

I'd give it an 8/10
>>
>>319994547
But Shrine was only bad before snipermages were nerfed the first week of DaS2's release. Practically nobody has problems with the place anymore.
>>
>>319994573
>getting this mad over DaS2 being a shit
>>
I really love Scholar of the First Sin. Those DLC zones and bosses are some of the best in the Souls games.

OP, just remember to upgrade adaptability if you want the rolling to feel the same like in Dark Souls 1. Otherwise you'll be cursing bullshit hitboxes for your whole run (like I did before I learned this shit).
>>
>>319994638
It's not that it's a particularly hard area anymore, it's still a horribly designed place where you have to look at the ground or be forced to use the horrible souls torch mechanic while also dodging homing missiles.

There is just nothing fun about it, even if you are skilled enough to dodge on sound alone.
>>
>>319994615
>The bosses are largely uninteresting humanoid types
Fun fact: The percentage of humanoid/knight bosses in DaS2 is lower than in DaS.
>incredibly rare, effort
What he means is that you have to have a 1v1 duel in an arena and win a fight to get the one-use items you need to invade random players in the world. And this is only one method of dozens to PvP, you can generally find constant battles in several locations such as the Iron Keep bridge.
>Shockwaves
Was extremely rare in DaS2, haven't felt any of them in SOTFS.
>>
>>319993620
Yes, I'd say pick it up. I got it two weeks ago and have been playing it more than Fallout 4.

So far it's a lot of fun, very flexible on builds and fighting style. Only downside is that a lot of the game seems to be a carbon copy of DaS1. There's an early area that feels exactly like a dumbed-down version of Anor Londo, with the same exact giant guards. There's also a shanty town and an area called The Gutter that both feel like direct rips of Blighttown.

Also hitboxes and movement a shit, and there's this annoying thing where your heatlh gets decreased every time you die.

Very fun game still, just not as good as DaS1 and Bloodborne. Especially don't play it if you've played Bloodborne recently, it's very jarring going from the fast-paced perfection of Bloodborne movement to the sluggishness of SOTFS
>>
>>319994724
>those dlc zones and bosses are some of the best in the souls series
Please stop with this meme.
>>
>>319994746
I'm not sure what you're saying is horribly designed about it. It's not a more dangerous place to walk through than Sen's Funhouse or rushing through the dragon ass lavaland.
>>
Is it easy to play with Mouse and keyboard?
Also what mods are good?
>>
>>319994746
You can dodge every single spell by holding down sprint and moving sideways while knee-deep in the water. It's really not as difficult or annoying as you seem to think it is. 5-2 and Blighttown, with their poison swamps, are far worse than even pre-nerf Shrine.
>>
>>319994818
not that guy but the humanoid bosses in DaS were largely more interesting than most of em in DaS2

You can recycle the same tactics for Iron Giant, Pursuer, Looking Glass Knight, Flexile Sentry, Lost Sinner, Old Dragonslayer, Velstadt, Demon of Song to a point, and the three Dragonrider bosses.

Honestly even Smelter Demon, despite being the more "knight-ish" looking boss had a mechanic that required people to understand elemental resistances are a thing.
>>
>>319994838
Have you ever invaded other players in Gutter?
It's some of the most fun I've had in the game, holy shit. Even better if you have any of the rings that change or even remove your aura, or Chameleon.
>>
>>319993980
>A common misconception is that the game throws dozens of enemies at you at once. This generally only happens because these players rush into a room without any consideration of their surroundings.

it does so often, and those situations can only be avoided by prior experience.
for example in the beginning alone there is

*pate's trap
(good luck not going in there and using a small sign soapstone for the rest of the game + it's only obvious if you know pate from the previous + mass flooding of undead soldiers is unavoidable)

*Optional pursuer fight in forest of the fallen giants
(no time to clean those bodies up as he drops almost immediatly + some of them aren't even attackable)

*bastion: on your way to the three sentinels you get ambushed the moment you open the door.

DaS2 the difficulty is a feature in itself, in Das the difficulty is a consequence of mature game design.
>>
>>319995057
>walk and dodge to the right/left and attack
I know what you mean but m8, that's like, most bosses in the entire series. That's just how you fight big enemies in general.
>>
>>319995025
>It's not that it's a particularly hard area anymore
>Blighttown
More than one zone can't be poorly designed?

Also that strategy only works if you plan on literally missing out on every single item there like you would on a DaS2 speedrun.
>>
File: 1380300423670.gif (924 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1380300423670.gif
924 KB, 245x245
>>319995071
what

>Pate's trap
At worst you get to fight 2-3 smallfries at once, each dying in 2-3 hits. If you have a shield and basic skill in multitasking you shouldn't really be taking any damage, even on your first try.

>Pursuer in FOTFG
You mean the only case where he's considered a boss? What bodies? No other enemy has EVER joined in on that fight for me, and there's like two hollows before his room that you kill in one or two hits each if you care to.

>Bastion ambush
Yeah that's why it's an ambush. It isn't worse than fighting the thieves on your way to the sewers in Dark Souls.
>>
It's a flawed game that doesn't live up to the original in a lot of places, and there are a lot of reasons to dislike it. Enemy hitboxes can be wonky, and they have irritating tracking and a few nonsensical movesets, the bosses are kind of quantity over quality in their designs and mechanics, the world design basically sucks, and the game overall just kind of outstays its welcome and feels messily-designed. Overall it's the least good Souls game.

However I say "least good" instead of "bad" for a reason, because it is still a Souls game, still scratches some of the same itch as the others, still has some great moments, and even has a handful of pretty cool combat additions like good/fun dual wielding and fist weapons that don't suck. /v/ has been circlejerking over Dark Souls 2 hate for so long that it has just been slowly exaggerated to the point where people are treating it like the worst game ever, when at worst it's just a mildly disappointing sequel to a great game. It's still definitely worth a playthrough if you like Souls, and I've still dumped quite a lot of time into it with no regrets even if I think Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne are all better games.
>>
>>319993620
no cheap psych tricks like sif and siegmeier the fat loser which secretly represents themselves
no interconnected world which is suddenly important eve tho ds 1 also has lot of dead ends
you can tp around from the beginning well if you don´t like why just don´t use it
is DS 2 sotfs is general harder
soul memory (which is fixed anyway by agape) and have to farm for cracked orbs (which can be farmed but they are to stupid mostly) so no funny beating newbies
also many like the clunky combat of ds 1 instead the improved of 2

>>319995071
same in DS 1 where it is suddenly mature and good design
channeler + hollow gangbang
hollow I lure you into a trap gangbang
balder gangbang
gangbang after the undead merchant
depths several rat gangbangs
the list goes on
also which newb beats pursuer on his first try no one?
shows only how retarded people like you are since it okay when it is in DS 1
>>
>>319995226
>missing out on every single item there
There's a shard hidden far out in a location you wouldn't even think about going to on your first time there. There is no other noteworthy loot in the entire area (sadly). Not until you've beaten a much later boss anyway.
>>
>>319995071
Oh lets have a look at your precious and perfect DS1 then fuckface
>finish the tutorial go to the cemetary
2 skeletons will awaken, you can't get one to wake up without the other and they rape early game characters
>whatever lets go to the undead burgh
enemy comes at you, while fighting him a second guy throws firebombs are you, a third one drops down from above and a 4th one agros if you go too far in
>kill those guys walk up to the bomb thrower
a with an axe who is hiding at the stairs agros and a guy on the stairs agros
>get past all that shit and past the rat the ONLY 1v1 fight past the tutorial so far
Oh look 2+ hollow soldiers for the entire rest of the area
Let's not forget the brilliant tactic of hiding enemies behind furniture so you can't seem then before they break it or know about them being there and the great 3 man ambush room that if you back out of you get firebombed by 3 other hollows.

Thats the first 10 minutes of DS1 after firelink shrine, the first game is chock FULL of enemy gangbangs and it only gets slightly better towards the latter half of the game and not really even the.

I'ts NOT an issue in either game it's just hilarious how people will pretend its only a thing that happens in DS2 for some reason, take your nostalgia goggles off and boot up DS2, it has enemy gangbangs to spare.
>>
File: souls.png (980 KB, 1078x1698) Image search: [Google]
souls.png
980 KB, 1078x1698
>>319993620
yeah
>>
I've beaten DaS2 with 0 deaths and I even have it recorded. I'm not saying that I'm good at the game - hell, I'm bad at games in general, I just played this game so much because I enjoy it. But from my experience, there's no death caused by anything but your own ineptitude.
Don't want to die? Don't screw up.
>>
>>319995385
>Pate's trap
but that wasn't the point, the point i was making is that it can't be foreseen which the post i replied stated.

>Pursuer in FOTFG
how can you not know the first optional fight in the game? He dropped ROB+1 if you beat him that way, it's well known.

>Bastion ambush
again, look at the post i replied to please.
>>
>>319995071
Pate's trap and the Royal Soldiers before the sentinel both funnel enemies through convenient chokepoints so you can take care of them easily.

Meanwhile, in DaS1:
>Balder Knight clusterfuck in the chapel
>Depths torch hollows and rats clusterfuck
>room full of poison darters and fire-breathing dogs in Blighttown
>pre-nerf Izalith
>most of the Duke's Library
>that stupid fucking gangbang at the end of Oolacile Township

Nostalgiafags can eat shit.

>>319995226
>sidestep projectiles
>go up and kill casters
>go back and do other shit at your leisure

You're some kind of fucking retard, I'll give you that.
>>
>>319995774
100% accurate
>>
>>319995832
>it can't be foreseen which the post i replied stated.
>DON'T GO THERE ITS A TRAP
>It was a trap
>HOW COULD I HAVE SEEN THIS COMING!

>He dropped ROB+1 if you beat him that way, it's well known.
No he doesn't, he drops RoB, same as his boss encounter at his actual arena, that doesn't qualify as a gangbang anyway because the hollows in the arena never agro unless you hurt them, the only the one you hurt agros, and pursuer fucks right off if you just jump down.

Dark souls 1 on the other hand had thives hiding behind doors that you literally can't open until its time for them to jump out and gangrape you
>>
File: 2015-05-04_00001.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-04_00001.jpg
598 KB, 1920x1080
>>319995385

People seriously exaggerate the number of multi-enemy ambushes in DaS2 while conveniently ignoring the number of them in every other Souls game.

I will admit that I think DaS2 abuses them maybe a little more often overall than the others, but not nearly to the extent people like to pretend it does, and it's never really a big problem. The only times it ever struck me as particularly egregious were that room full of Royal Swordsmen in the Bastille (because their movesets lead to them constantly clipping through each other with far-reaching attacks, making them excessively frustrating to fight with shorter weapons) and maybe the Shrine of Amana.

The biggest clusterfuck in SotFS but they're only hostile if you've actually hit one of them, so it's mostly just funny.
>>
File: stupid and retarded.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5964) Image search: [Google]
stupid and retarded.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5964
>>319993980
>Netcode and overall ping is the best of the series
>>
>>319995986
Not really since DeS is ps3 and BB is ps4
>>
>>319995385
He's probably talking about in Scholar. Pursuer's first optional fight where he gets dropped in by the bird now has bodies lying down in the corners who will get up and rush you. Dunno if they join him specifically since I killed him too fast, but they all join the moment he's dead.

I don't think the ambushes are really an issue though. It's more that the game is really designed for people coming off Dark Souls 1, where all of these things have already been taught to you. If anything, the problem is just that there are very few new surprises or tricks, which like most of the game's shortcomings can be chalked up to a different director wanting to make the best version of Dark Souls 1 he could instead of the best new experience he could.
>>
>>319995832
>it can't be foreseen
So... because it can't be foreseen, it's somehow bad?
What about the dozens upon dozens of times the same thing happens in DaS?

>that pursuer
Oh right, that one. Most people won't even notice that ladder. Since he doesn't drop anything worthwhile I haven't been to him more than once or twice, so I guess I forgot about him entirely.
You're right about him. A first timer probably won't stand a chance, and then he doesn't even respawn. At least you can easily run away from him.

>look at the post I replied to
It was me, smartass.
>>
>>319995825
>Don't want to die? Don't screw up.
you mean know everything in the game before hand and play through it 10 times and after that you wont die to bullshit
>>
>>319993620
Yeah buy it if you like Dark Souls 1.

It's basically a worse Dark Souls, but you'll still enjoy it if you enjoyed the first one.
>>
>>319996089
>who will get up and rush you
They will get up if
1) You killed the pursuer or died to him and go there again
2) Do damage to one, only that one gets up
3) Beat the pursuer

They never join your 1v1 with pursuer unless you make them.
>>
>>319996065
It's still shit a lot of the time, but at least teleportation backstabs across the area from invisible players don't happen unlike in DaS.
>>
>>319995541
>shows only how retarded people like you are since it okay when it is in DS 1

way to go antagonizing me, i actually preferred DaS, I just pointed out the flawed reasoning in the post i replied to.

>channeler + hollow gangbang
you can litteraly see the channeler if you look up, meaning it's entirely avoidable that you get 'gangbanged'.
this goes for the others as well. The point isn't that Das couldn't be hard or pushing. The point is that the times DaS 2 it's unavoidable and the designers made it that way because they wanted the game to be difficult.

For the team behind DaS making a difficult game wasn't the primary goal.
>>
File: 1403619140428.jpg (17 KB, 309x368) Image search: [Google]
1403619140428.jpg
17 KB, 309x368
>>319993620
It's a rushed, poorly-designed on every single level excuse of a sequel.
They were forced to change the direction and pretty much re-made the game in a middle of development, removing cool features and majorly downgrading visuals. Even after release they continued to butcher all the remaining fun from the game by nerfing shit into oblivion up to the point only longswords and rapiers are still untouched by any nerfs.

SOTFS not only failed to fix anything, it added even more ass pain on top of existing problems, especially if you want to pvp and invade as every fucktard will have an NPC summon with gorillion HP and infinite forbidden suns.

It's also the slowest souls game, and don't let the amount of content fool you - even though there's a lot of weapons, they don't feel unique and generally don't have unique movesets. Even boss weapons are boring as shit with the exception of 1-2 and around 3 weapons from DLC.
Honestly, just spend your money on something else.
>>
>>319996225
>The point is that the times DaS 2 it's unavoidable and the designers made it that way because they wanted the game to be difficult.
Yeah the hallway with the royal guards is totally unavoidable and the hollows totally are.

Take your nostalgia goggles off retard, DS1 pulled the multi enemy ambush shit far more often especially in the early game.
>>
>>319996048
>having all those dragon knights at you
Oh shit that's terrifying. I'm glad they don't actually attack you if you fight the giant guys and the last knight honorably, anymore.
>they actually bow before you after you win a duel against a giant guy
So good.
>>
>>319996171
What? That shit happens constantly, even if SotFS.
>>
>>319996109
>grab any bow early in the game
>walk around with your shield up and observe your surrounding
>shoot dudes to make them run at you for 1v1 fights, or better yet straight up kill them before they reach you
I did this in DeS and DaS as well...
>>
>>319996001
>DON'T GO THERE ITS A TRAP
pate never stated it was a trap, it's in hindsight that i named it that way. still the point was that the 'gangbang' was avoidable which it isn't.

>No he doesn't, he drops RoB
I guess you only played scholar of the first sin then.

>>319996001
>>319995972
>>319996103
all that needless insulting and assumtions just because i'm pointing something out.
>>
>>319996171
>It's still shit a lot of the time
It's by far the fucking worst netcode of any souls games in anything but invasion speed.
Even soulbrandt members were whining about this when the game was released. The very same people who shilled the game like crazy.
>>
>>319996361
It varies of course. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe you've been unlucky. I'm just saying that it's overall more stable.
>>
>>319996535
>needless insulting and assumptions
For calling you a smartass, for making a smartass comment?
Come on, don't be a baby.
>>
>>319995972
>Nostalgiafags can eat shit.
i'm not a nostalgia fag though i have more hours in DaS2 (132) then in DaS (45). I was just pointing out that the reasoning in the post was flawed.

all of those you listed are avoidable if you just thought before you went in.
>>
>>319996535
>pate never stated it was a trap
"There's treasure in there, for certain, but the entrance locks from behind."
I called you a retard because you said Pursuer drops a RoB+1 and you are since the one in FotFG doesn't.
>>
File: 1449691517163.jpg (11 KB, 371x223) Image search: [Google]
1449691517163.jpg
11 KB, 371x223
>>319996317
>>
>>319996348

That was the first time I'd seen that staircase in SotFS and there were nowhere near that many guys there in vanilla, so I about shit myself when I saw it. Apparently one of them got killed without my noticing earlier in the level, because I'd been invaded repeatedly on the way up, so they were all hostile immediately.

Actually managed to kill them all by spamming the ridiculous L2 you get by powerstancing two Smelter Swords while they all fucked my sunbro.
>>
>>319996171
That only ever happened playing against Aussies or something. Good netcode can never make up for being half a world away. As long as both parties were on the same continent and didn't have completely trash internet, the connection was always fine.
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7 KB, 201x199
>>319996694
>all of those listed are avoidable if you just thought before you went in
And the EXACT same thing can be said about every single thing people cry about with DaS2.
>>
If you get it on sale for a decent price, I'd say it's definitely worth it. I don't think it's as good as DeS or DaS, but it's still a very fun game. And the DLC areas are nice and pretty well designed.
>>
>>319996694
>you can avoid the torch hollow clusterfuck
No you can mitigate it by chokpointing them at a door, the same as all the shit you whined about in DS2.

DS1 has way more multi enemy gangbangs than DS2, mostly because people actually never try to pull single enemies in 2 because they assume it can't be done for whatever reason.
>>
>>319996574
You might be one of the very few people to actually think that, friend.
>>
>>319996103
>It was me, smartass.
then why did you miss your own point?
>A common misconception is that the game throws dozens of enemies at you at once. This generally only happens because these players rush into a room without any consideration of their surroundings.
>>
File: 1403782244477.png (17 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1403782244477.png
17 KB, 202x184
>hey, here an awesome underground city dlc!
>it has lifts, it has traps, remember how fun it was to invade in sen's fortress and fuck with hosts?
>well fuck you, you won't be able to use ANY switches and ANY elevators and host can just sit his ass at second bonfire while you can't even reach him
>>
>>319996896
That would surprise me, because DaS2 and SOTFS both had significantly better netcode when I've played it.
>invading people goes faster and more often in more locations in the game (not to mention that in SOTFS they added an indication for populated areas near your level/SM)
>there's less bullshit like lagstabs, teleportation and shit
Still happens of course, but far less frequently than 80% of the time in DaS.
>>
>>319996902
Because you actually can in DS2, in DS1 you just enter an area and instantly agro a group of 2-3 hollows, 1 of who tends to have an annoying habit of throwing infinite firebombs are you while you fight the others
>>
>>319993901
lmao the pvp is best in the series
>>
>>319995668
>Oh lets have a look at your precious and perfect DS1 then fuckface

I don't think it is at all. Just because i'm pointing out that something isn't correct doesn't mean i hate that game and love the other.

The rest of what you have written is just an overstatement. and i honestly don't care you think DaS isn't as good as DaS2, both have their merrits imho
>>
>>319996832
A lot of people don't remember nowadays, but DeS was just as bad, if not worse, about multi-enemy gangbangs.

>red-eye knights in 1-3
>every single bit of 4-1 and 4-2
>5-2 with that one island full of giant motherfuckers

I don't see why DaS2 gets so much flak for it when the other games get a free pass.
>>
>>319997043
I'll give you the fact that invasions and co-op is easier, but the netcode is absolutely god-awful, even when I've played at friend's houses.

>indication for populated areas near your level/SM
Explain.
>>
>>319997071
the first reply i posted addressed exactly what you're claiming. Are you high or something?
>>
Really its not as horrible as people make it to be but later in the game theres some parts where they really added way too many enemies per fight and it becomes "if I now attack someone of them will surely hit me back" and creates the "you must level up hp and damage" to be able to play the game fairly. While in the Das1 you could pretty easily make it through on sl1.

For the soul memory part its just the twinks qq'ing because they can no more invade new sl1 players with their sl1 char that has all the bis items.
>>
>>319997149
>The rest of what you have written is just an overstatement
Boot up the game right now and go do exactly what I said.

I don't need to make overstatements in regards to DS1's early areas, they are chuck full of groups of hollows whos only challenge is that there is more than 1 of them.
>>
>>319997169
When you sit at the bonfire, some area images will have red borders in SOTFS. This indicates that the areas are populated with people you can invade/be invaded by.
>>
Its better than most of 2015s titles
Still not as good as dark souls 1
Still worth a buy
>>
>>319996072
So?
>>
>>319997295
Huh. How interesting. I did not know about this.
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>319997271
what I could add is that the summon signs in sotfs appear near instantly so if possible play it with a friend and buy the god rings from the cat
>>
>>319997295
>can invade/be invaded
What I meant is that there's a higher chance. You can still invade in other places just fine, from my experience, but red bordered areas are generally immediate invasions.

The most fun I've had with SOTFS (keep in mind that I've played DaS2 for 200+ hours already at this point) has been to rush Agape Ring at ~39k SM, and invade people using low level equipment in the early areas. It isn't even ganking or twinking, since I'm actually roughly just as strong or in some cases weaker than the people I invade. I consider myself adding fun to others' playthroughs.
>>
>>319997159
All the chucklefucks who only played DaS because it was fotm/cool thing to do, came in and shat everything up.
>>
>>319997275
It looked like an overstatement because I never had difficulty with any of the things you said. Cemetery is doable if you just arrived (except for the giant murakumo-wielding skeleton maybe).

Maybe you should just git gut ?
>>
>>319997369
That means if you have a 360 or a PC the price tag of both BB and DeS goes up by a few hundred dollars.
DS1 and DS2 are the ones you recommend because they cost the least.
DeS and BB are the optional ones since they are exclusives.
>>
>>319995972
jesus christ, no one said anything about it being difficult

why is that so hard to get through your thick head? also if you try to kill the casters, all the other casters will just using their missiles on you. It's literally not a strategy that ANYONE uses to get through that zone quickly. It's more more effective and easier to deal with them at range.
>>
>>319997476
You dumb dumb retard I doon't have issues with them either, I didn't have any issues with DS2's "enemy gangabgs" either, I'm literally just stating the fact that DS1 does it far more often.
>>
>>319997159
>I don't see why DaS2 gets so much flak for it when the other games get a free pass.

because everyone seems to get so worked up over preferring one to the other, that this thread turned into a shit flinging contest.
>>
>>319997571
>You dumb dumb retard
classy.
>>
>>319997659
What more is there to say, you are literally denying reality right now.
As I said boot up DS1, do the shit I just described and then try to convince yourself that what happened didn't really happen.

Enemy gangbangs are never an issue in either of the games because its pretty much always weak enemies that gangbag you because a 1v1 against them is piss easy, DS1 does it more than 2 and both do it less than DeS.
>>
>>319997464
The only thing I miss from that era is the OC. Come to think of it, I haven't seen this place produce any OC since.
>>
>This thread.

Sasuga /v/.
>>
>>319997523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmAnEic-HA

this guy goes about it with only melee but after every single caster kill he runs back like half way to the bonfire to hide behind a pillar and almost dies after killing one
>>
>>319997793
>Enemy gangbangs are never an issue in either of the games because its pretty much always weak enemies that gangbag you because a 1v1 against them is piss easy

nice way to disprove your own point.

>tfw you'll never be butthurt enough to call someone a 'dumb dumb retard'
>>
Its a good game and the first time palying it was good, the problems comes with the next playthroughs. The areas just feel like slogs, the paths system is a shit version of demon soul's system, the enemies are next to all humanoids and the same goes with the bosses, the hitboxes are all over the place especially with most enemies having a tracking hitbox.
The lore behind some of the areas is good though and the NG+ events do catch you off guard but overall everythings just not as good as DeS and DaS
>>
>>319994979
>Is it easy to play with Mouse and keyboard?
No, use a controller
MKB is barely playable
>>
>>319998015
Are you retarded?
Well we know that but truly how retarded are you?

My point was quite literally "DS1 does more enemy gangbangs than DS2", I don't see them not being an issue in any game disproves that.
But whatever you are clearly incapable of reading and just take one isolated sentence and strawman the fuck out if because everything above that is too much for you.
>>
>>319998076
MKB is unplayable in 1 without mods
It's perfectly fine in 2 if you don't use the double clicking nonsense
>>
>>319997975
I did it on melee and didn't need to run back. I died a couple of times, but I didn't run. just dodge the missles, not that hard.
>>
>>319998197
Really? I gave up after 30 minutes of playing, and switched to my Xbox controller.
>>
>>319998116
>Are you retarded?
>Well we know that but truly how retarded are you?

stay mad pleb. try to git gud though.
>>
>>319998281
Yeah just bind stuff to the mouse with shitf/control adds
I personally did Light/heavy to be left click and shift + left click etc.

The only annoying part was having to toggle the "disable right click" on and off every time you reboot the game
>>
>>319993620
Most DaS1 fans hate it because they listened to Matthewmatosis's opinion
>>
File: 8645i865748657643.jpg (39 KB, 522x365) Image search: [Google]
8645i865748657643.jpg
39 KB, 522x365
>>319998294
0/10

Just go away.
>>
>>319993620
it's not a bad game, just not good designed like other souls game. it has dumb enemy placement and shit bosses.
the pvp however is better than in other games.

but if you wanted pvp, just play a fighting game.
>>
>>319998294
See proved my point to the letter, now get your last word in like the autistic retard you are
>>
File: smug32.jpg (83 KB, 734x689) Image search: [Google]
smug32.jpg
83 KB, 734x689
>>319998450
>the pvp however is better than in other games.
>>
>>319998401
Well, to be fair, that guy made a video about the original version, not SotFS.
>>
File: 1446394803790.jpg (95 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1446394803790.jpg
95 KB, 1600x900
>>319997485
>interested in the Souls series
>don't own a PS3/4
>>
File: autism.jpg (20 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
20 KB, 243x207
>>319998469
>See proved my point to the letter, now get your last word in like the autistic retard you are
>being this butthurt over game.
>>
>>319998567
Sotfs is worse, they just dumped bunch of enemies in random places.
>>
>>319998450

>PvP in DaS2
>Nothing but a cauldron of shit
>>
This threads makes me wanna replay SOTFS just to prove you whinebabbies wrong about things.
>>
File: 2015-10-08_00001.jpg (318 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-08_00001.jpg
318 KB, 1680x1050
if you play sotfs you can meet famous peoples
>>
>>319998713
But they also fixed stuff, like making torches actually useful in some spots.
>>
>>319998686
Why would I?
DeS is interesting but meh and the PS4 is absolute garbage and one game isn't worth 400 dollars.
>>
>>319993620
>people seriously care about the god-awful pvp in these games

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I just started playing DS2 yesterday, it's really not worse than the first one. Its UI is a lot cleaner, it is actually fucking playable on a computer without fan-made patches, and the gameplay is smoother. The world design might be slightly worse, but it's still good.
>>
I did not buy it. /v/ told me it was even more difficult then BB so i passed.
>>
I want to get it on christmas sale too. Are there people still playing it?
I don't care about pvp but I want to do coop since I had fun with it in DS1.
>>
>>319993620

Just wanted to drop by and say, in case others didn't, that DaS2 is a steaming pile of shit and no DLC could ever fix that.

They changed nothing except add more fucking enemies. All the problems didn't get touched. If you bought it, all you got was a 10 inch dick in your ass for being retarded.
>>
File: 1447468690912.jpg (13 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1447468690912.jpg
13 KB, 620x387
>>319998791
Enjoying missing out on two of the best games in the franchise.
>>
>>319998816
>Are there people still playing it?
It's the most active Souls game by far. Clearly it's the most popular of the games, and that's why a few parrots hate it even though they have no clue what the words they spout mean.
>>
>>319998810
Translation: I am shit at PvP which means you people shouldn't care about it

t. Anonymous
>>
>>319998812
I've played about 5 hours so far. It's not that hard. One-shotted most bosses until now. Pursuer is a fucking bitch though. had to use the ballista.
>>
>>319998829
Nice opinion there, drama queen.
>>
>>319998889
I will in fact enjoy my spare 500 freedombucks
>>
>>319998791
>one game isn't worth 400 dollars

That's what happened to bloodborne. The only thing that made people buy a console. Otherwise ps4 would be as dead as xbone.
>>
>>319998960
>opinion

Worst hitboxes of any game ive ever seens. 1sec lag? Np, just "git gud".
Horrible and illogical world layout? Ah doesn't matter, it's an action game, no logic needed.
>>
I still dont know, what makes first DaS better than second.

The only thing I found out to be done better was the fact that being hollow would prevent others from invading.

The sole fact that I could get summoned for helping within minute or two, sometimes faster, was enough for me to consider second game more fun than first.
>>
>>319998791
>Doesn't own a PS3
It's the same as owning a Genesis during the SNES days (which I did). It started off even, then eventually most of the games released only ended up on one system.
>>
>>319998975
Yep.

I was going to buy one, but then I heard that EDF 4.1 was leaked in SteamDB. That is the only other game on PS4 I want to play, in addition to BB.

I know the leaks aren't reliable, but... I think I'm just going to wait and see for a while.
>>
>>319999071
It's somewhat worse than the first one, sure, but "a steaming pile of shit" is just hyperbole.
>>
>>319998810
What makes it so god-awful to you exactly? It's nothing revolutionary but a decent system. Few games seem to have a mechanic to invade the world of others.

Though if you mean "hardcore" pvp with buffed katanas and dueling spots I agree, that's retarded.
>>
>>319999138
>I still dont know, what makes first DaS better than second.
Everything. DaS2 only improved dual wielding.
>>
>>319993620
It wasnt worth 60$ at launch and then another 30$ for the season pass.
>>
>>319999071
>Horrible and illogical world layout

Meanwhile, in DaS, you descend a series of ladders inside a hollowed out tree in a swamp full of poison and land on a fucking beach. Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>Just palying SotFS blood arena now
>Guys spamming rapier heavy
>Attack him while he's doing that
>On my ass for no reason with a non existent parry
>Next match a guy whose hacking

I forgot why i stopped trying for the blood covi
>>
File: 2015-10-25_00003.jpg (558 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-25_00003.jpg
558 KB, 1680x1050
>>319999465
Even in DaS 1 the only place I consistently saw hackers was 'serious' PvP, what a fucking joke.
They'll be here for DaS 3 too.
>>
>>319993620

Only played a bit of scholar (don't hate I was a poorfag when they came out), though I still don't understand how they could make bosses even shittier in it
>got to skeleton lords
>they do even less damage
>went straight back to chariot
>killed in 4-5 uchi hits w/ resin

enemy placement felt really awkward, the broken PvP weapons stayed broken and I still don't understand the logic in the overkill miracle nerf.

>softs
>not a gankfest
>>
>>319993620
It's like a badly designed Dark Souls 1 in terms of PvE and atmosphere. In terms of PvP it's basically the same bullshit with different problems. Instead of nonstop backstab fishing, poise tanking, and dark magic spamming you've got dark-buffed chaos blades, parry spamming, and super tryhards. Instead of Havelmages you've got Havelmonsters.

It's worth playing, but the PvP is simply the next new and exciting flavor of shit. But you'll take it up the ass again and again because it's strangely hypnotizing and this series has turned into an endless spiral of gleeful masochism.
>>
>>319999640
I can lie too, pic related is actually black.
>>
>>319999296

But I find everything, save for that "always invade" system, to be better. Even Soul Memory (I still claim that system where SM would be made of combination of points spent on stats and eq currently taken with the player would result in much better outcome, instead of picking up easier to implement solution of summing all souls gathered so far).

Could you be more specific?

Also, dual wielding was not really improved, powerstance was rarely used and single weapons were nearly always better. Or maybe it changes at some top tier pvp.
>>
File: 1436095411367.png (312 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1436095411367.png
312 KB, 800x800
Dark Souls and all games like it are for casuals.
>>
>>319995071
>good luck not going in there and using a small sign soapstone for the rest of the game
You can still get back in there by taking the back way
>>
>>319999762
>dual wielding was not really improved
Yeha because your offhand being used to block was totally necessary when it was a sword.
Let's mot become silly okay?
>>
>>319999747
I don't know if it got updated or something( this was a while ago), but I'm giving my honest truth here.

I didn't really have any motivation to play the dlc either since I had 500~ hours of pvp on base game, couldn't be bothered with the op dlc weapons either
>>
I really liked the lore about the crowns and kings in the DaS2 dlcs, DaS2 would have been WAY better if it were about them from the start
>>
>>319999762
Power stance bone fist is fun as fuck
>>
>>320000520
Powerstanced UGS were fun too, such such a shame that dual-wielding ultra weapons is so bad
>>
>>320000879
> Not powerstancing two smelter hammers, and one-shotting shit on NG+++
>>
>>320001259
No, it's good for pve but it's embarrassingly awful whenever you get invaded

Also, why did b-team go out of their way to make most of the ultra weapons look retarded?
>>
how much updates and patches ruined Dark Souls 2?

was it harder/easier at the release?
>>
>>320001738
Patches and updates made it better, with the exception of FAI
>>
>>320001813
what's FAI?

I pirated DaSII when it came out, still have that build/copy, but haven't played yet
>>
>>320001738
I miss magic before patches nerfed it over and over.
>>
>>319993620

You should. It has some of its own flaws, but it's better than DaS in most regards.

Definitely buy.
>>
>>320001454
Oh, well yeah. But PvP is boring, and I play pretty much for PvE (though getting invaded is fun), and power stance was a great addition to PvE.
>>
>>320001883
Faith got beat to death with the nerf bat for no reason
>>
File: 282LYF.jpg (29 KB, 287x246) Image search: [Google]
282LYF.jpg
29 KB, 287x246
>>320002131
>>
>>320002116

Maybe the reason was that faith finally could be used as good offensive alternative to magic?

Magic users could get angry.
>>
>>320000000
>>
>>320002098
Powerstanced ultras would have been much more viable if DaS2 had ditched it's awkward poise/hyperarmor system in favor of either pure poise or pure hyperarmor. As it stands it's way too easy to poisebreak an ultras swing, you can do it even with a 2hR2 from a thrusting sword, not to mention the bullshit that is the poisebreak ring
>>
>>320002131
People who actually think Dark Souls 2 is good are pckeks who actually believe in quantity>quality.
>>
>>320002378
Dark Souls 1 is also on PC though
>>
>>320002225
No, it's because they gave you way too many casts of lightning spear (30 casts with DaS1 damage), so instead of reducing the cast number, they nerfed it to give you only half the casts you had in DaS1, and making each cast deal only 1/3 the damage it used to
>>
>>320002516
Yes?
This thread is about 2
>>
>>320002645
I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on release, and got through DaS NG in roughly two days of almost nonstop gaming. You're full of shit.
>>
>>320002810
What the fuck are you on about you fucking retard
>das
yeah cool beats fuckhead, this thread is about dark souls 2 and why people hate it.
>>
>>320002891
And I'm saying you're full of shit. The problems that DaS2 has are endemic to the series.
>>
>>319999269
I like the mechanic, but what I mean is that it's nothing to write home about, hardly a make-or-break point for the game. The meat of the experience is the single player.
>>
>>320002978
And?
The issues DaS2 has are way bigger than any other game in the series.
Its the laziest, slowest, mechanically dull and thematically the most retarded game in the series.

That doesnt make it a fucking 0/10 game, but its still the worst game in the series by a long long margin.
>>
>>320000000
>>320000000
>>320000000
>>
>>320002378
But DaS2 has the highest quality of content AND is the largest game.
>>
>>319995071

>*Optional pursuer fight in forest of the fallen giants

if you're talking about the area near the shortcut to the bonfire by the exploding barrell, that part isn't fucking hard whatsoever.

I've played abit of Das1, computer's fucked right now so can't finish and I picked up SoTFS a week ago withouthaving play vanillas DaS2 and that pursuer fight was fucking EASY. You can parry like every or easily roll as the attack patterns are hard to grasp.

Also I never have a problem with enemes rushing me because as >>319993980 said if you don't rush into most areas like a retard you won't have to deal with that.

I'm actually pretty new to souls games in general and I was kind of wondering why everyone complains about enemies rushing you.
>>
>>320003227
DaS2 and SotFS solved the most egregious issues the series faced - broken rolling, online connectivity, weapon swap glitches, raw performance, covenant functionality (remember that the Gravelord covenant was almost wholly non-functional prior to the PC release), hit detection, lagstabs (thanks to escapable hit-confirms), the list goes on. Hitboxes are largely similar in quality. Most are pixel-perfect, a few (Gutter dogs, spider zombies) are as bad as the Gaping Dragon's or the bugs in 2-2. The DLC zones far surpass the Artorias DLC, the interconnected level design easily the rivals the Tower of Latria and Boletaria Palace. As for world design, DeS gets a pass due to its disconnected worlds. DaS, see >>319999412

The only really legitimate complaints are that the gameplay is slow compared to the previous games, which were already slow; and that the environments aren't as noteworthy, which is largely a matter of opinion.

Stop being a bandwagoning, memespouting faggot.
>>
>>320004002
Yea those linear areas that have like one branching path that doesn't loop around leading to a single item sure are quality.
>>
>>320004313
>broken rolling
Really, the game with the most fucked up rolling system, a system so bad it started the "shockwave" meme, fixed the rolling?

I stopped reading right there, you're either a retard, a fanboy or baiting. Seriously, explain to me how it "fixed broken rolling". I'd love to hear that.
>>
File: Final.png (401 KB, 2284x2436) Image search: [Google]
Final.png
401 KB, 2284x2436
>>319996048
>People seriously exaggerate the number of multi-enemy ambushes in DaS2 while conveniently ignoring the number of them in every other Souls game.
First off let's get this out of the way that DaS2 handles multi encounters way differently than DaS1 and DeS does. Even Bloodborne handles it better and they throw tons of enemies at you all the time(Though I know the DLC has the mess with the shark enemies and they do have stuff like the Shadows of Yharnam and dozens of dogs).

The main difference between the two styles is that with 2 you are constantly fighting enemies that will take upwards of three or more hits to kill at the same time, there's usually more either aggroing as you fight or just around the corner, most of the time something in the background is shooting at you, and using the bow to lure isn't really viable anymore since it drags way more attention that it used to. In the others the only time you get ganked are with enemies that die in a single hit, or they come so slowly that they either barely pile up on you so you're just waiting for another one to pop in.

Magic and arrows also insta-headshot you most of the time in 2, and if you're caught by one mid-attack enjoy your stun.

Let me give you all the examples from the games I remember via picture related, I try to keep out any encounter where you kill in one hit but for DaS1 you basically have to include them for any fair comparison. I don't list the eight+ soldier encounter in TLB because of this.
>>
>>320004313
You really have no clue what you're talking about. You try to claim every hit box is perfect and that the new rolling system fixed shit yet for some reason there's one million Webms of people getting hit by shit that isn't touching them and any one who isn't a rapid fan boy can attest that is what the game is like unless you pump ADP.

Requiring every player to pump the same stat, the same amount in order for their animations to be accurate does not "fix" anything.
>>
>>320004580
Yes, it fixed the broken rolling. Go fatroll in DaS and DeS, see how many shockwaves you eat. It'll be the same as in DaS2 with low AGI. The only difference here is that you actually have to invest in stats and spend souls in order to roll like you did in the previous titles, which while not entirely alleviating the issue of overpowered rolls, does make the base effectiveness of rolling lower compared to using shields for defense.
>>
>>320004595
>there's usually more either aggroing as you fight or just around the corner
Alright then mr retard list them.
List the amount of times you agro a group of enemies, back off and then have another group rush you while you were fighting the first.

The only are that does anything like this is Iron Keep and then its a single knight at a time
>>
>>320004746
There are plenty of webms out there that demonstrate the exact opposite; that attacks that do not directly make contact with the player model, no matter how closely, have no effect. Sounds like pixel-perfect to me.
>>
>>320004002
No it didn't.

Vanilla DaS2 has overwhelmingly lackluster level, world, enemy encounter and boss designs. Out of all the vanilla das2 levels, the only ones that aren't mediocre at best are FotFG, the Lost Bastille, the Gutter, and Drangleic Castle. The only good vanilla bosses are Smelter Demon, Velstadt, the Pursuer, and Darklurker. The games retarded bonfire placement and warping murder world exploration and cohesiveness in cold blood, and make good level design like Shulva irrelevant, by making the shortcuts pointless. Enemy encounters are approached with the philosophy of "so how many enemies can we possibly cram in here without breaking the game," making the levels tedious and annoying to play through normally, and virtually all the levels are little more than COD-style sequences of hallways with a boss at the end. No shortucts, no alternate paths, virtually no hidden treasures, nothing.

The games promotional material bragged endlessly about its weapon variety, but it turns out 95% of them are just pallete swaps with the numbers slightly tweaked. And all of them are made of paper mache because das2 durability is a joke.

The awkward poise/hyperarmor hybrid system is worse than either would have been on their own.

Item discovery is borked, and having enemies despawn while simultaneously requiring the player to grind for basically every piece of gear in the game is retarded.

SM and ADP are inexcusably bad decisions.

The vanilla games lore is dumb, internally inconsistent, and full of hackneyed, low-effort references to DaS1 memes
>>
>>320004882
If you're just gonna make shit up go ahead. Live in your fantasy world. There is really nothing I can do to argue against that especially if you're not going to provide proof.

Again, everyone seems to agree that DaS2 has worse hitboxes (when it's really the shit rolling system) and no one says this about DaS. Either your full of shit or having a different experience than everyone else. Which do you think is more likely?
>>
>>319993980
>Lying on the internet
Why?
>>
>>320005008
>Alright then mr retard list them.
He did retard, did you even look at his pic

He actually took the effort to do exactly that, he listed every single one and described them all.
>>
>>320004595
Also your DS1 list is full of shit because you conveniently forget the very first encounter after firelink shrine is either
1) Multiple skeletons in the graveyard
2) Multiple hollows while one is lobbing firebombs for going to the burgh
3) Multiple ghosts you can't even fight if you go down

But whatever lets just ignore DS1 because DS1 was perfect and rush into every encounter in DS2 to agro as many as possible to try and prove an imaginary point.
>>
>>320005067
Poster two then if there are so many.
>>
>>320005081
I find it infinitely more likely that nobody in this thread has played DeS, DaS, and DaS2 to the same extent that I have, and that you're all a bunch of circle-jerking retards.
>>
>>320005159
Can you read more than a single sentence at a time mr retard?
Whats that can't read this because you already got offended at be calling you a retard and went up to type another angry response? I asked for cases where attacking a group would cause another group to agro which he said is USUALLY the case.
>>
>>320005254
Find them yourself. They're even in the more recent webm thread archives. I don't need to spoonfeed you this shit.
>>
>>319993620
>why does /v/ hate it so much?

It's a little worse than Dark Souls, just like HLM2 is hated here because it's a little worse than HLM
>>
>>320005182
>Multiple skeletons in the graveyard
Listed as a blanket under catacombs, but yes.

>Multiple hollows while one is lobbing firebombs for going to the burgh
Which come at you one by one and can't reach unless you basically stand near the bridge.

>Multiple ghosts you can't even fight if you go down
I mentioned the ghost encounters right there under New Londo, I was speaking general encounters, not straight up from the start of the game, but if you want to add that to the list go right ahead.

I did take all encounters in DaS2 slowly, just like DeS and DaS before it. No retard runs straight ahead.
>>
>>320005271
Better change that to "Everyon on the internet". Literally google something like "why is DaS2 worse" and you'll get results from Reddit to Gamefaqs.

Like I said, post a video of it happening in DaS1 if its so common. There are already shockwave videos in this thread and I know you've seen dozens more, I already have my proof. Lets see yours.
>>
>>320005407
HLM2 is better than 2 tb.h
>>
How to uninstall Dark Souls? Serious question
>>
>>320005182
>2) Multiple hollows while one is lobbing firebombs for going to the burgh
That's a perfect example of how DaS1 would create multiple enemy encounters where you could deal with them one at a time. The first one aggros outside of firebomb range letting you kill him without getting hit. The next one is under a ledge where you can't get hit. After that there's three you have to kill and one of them dies in like one hit of even the worst weapons.
>>
>>320005319
I read what you wrote. It doesn't change that his list includes all the incidents where that happens.

Also no I'm not offended because I'm not even the guy you insulted who made the list. More was just amazed you would tell him to list those encounters when he already did all the work of listing EVERY encounter. What he needs to go through and highlight them for you too? You can't read?
>>
>>320005342
Then you concede you're full of shit. There are webms showing examples of DaS2 in this thread. I can link you to the posts if you REALLY want but I think you should be smart enough to go through a thread an find them.

No, I'm not going to search through thee archives to prove to myself you are right. That's not how an argument works. If you don't care enough to provide evidence then you don't get to talk anymore, no one cares if you won
t substantiate anything you say.

You cliam there are SO many examples, so post fuckng two. That's not even a lot. Would have taken you barely longer than that post took to make.

We know the real reason you won't though, because you cant actually find examples.
>>
>>320005452
>Which come at you one by one
If those assholes count as "1 by 1" then so does literally every encounter in all of the games because if you back off far enough they will come in single file.

The entirety of the undead burgh is a multi enemy encounter, the entirety of parish is a multi enemy encounter but those only count as 1 case because we need to make the list shorter for DS2?

You are lying through your teeth and you know it fuckwit.

>>320005701
>That's a perfect example of how DaS1 would create multiple enemy encounters where you could deal with them one at a time. The first one aggros outside of firebomb range letting you kill him without getting hit. The next one is under a ledge where you can't get hit. After that there's three you have to kill and one of them dies in like one hit of even the worst weapons.
And thats how the FotFG encounter work too, but we can't try that in DS2, have to rush into a mob agro as many as possible then whine about how every encounter is a multi enemy encounter.

I am not going try and argue anything more with your retarded ass, you made up your mind long ago and will handwave everything in DS1 wiht "well you can snipe them with ranged weapons" and include bullshit in DS2 by saying "well if you rush into them it becomes a multi enemy encounter", I really hope nobody reads this retarded list and actually think its true but this is the internet of course they will.

>>320005829
> It doesn't change that his list includes all the incidents where that happens.
No he lists multi enemy encounter then says usually (more than 50% of the times by the meaning of the word) it causes another group the agro, this is flat out not true.

He is a retard that will ignore DS1 encounters or list 20 of them under one area because it makes it look shorter.
>>
>>320005565
If you want another top down shooter maybe.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is fine if you see it as an updated King's Field, all its areas, enemies and game design resemble something older and more "traditional RPG" than Miyazaki's direction which is a bit more contemplative. This becomes very apparent with the DLC areas, they're very much something out of DnD with that RPG dungeon-crawler aesthetic.

As a game it ends up being a weird fusion of DeS, DaS and the older RPGs From made.

It's a perfectly fine game and like any game it has flaws, but those flaws become pretty glaring when you consider that Dark Souls 1 didn't really have them.

Outside of that there's a big world to explore, tons of weapon and armor to use, and lots of enemies even if they are a bit basic. If anything its a perfectly viable timesink and it's still a game that manages to be better than 90% of the garbage out there.

It's something I would recommend but not directly after finishing other games in the series.
>>
>>319993620
6 billion mobs
>>
>>320006098
>No he lists multi enemy encounter then says usually (more than 50% of the times by the meaning of the word) it causes another group the agro, this is flat out not true.
Again. He still listed them, you jsut didn't like how he organized them. I agree, he didn't do a good job. It doesn't change that he provided a list of every encounter and you went LIST THEM. Like mother fucker, he did. I just thought it was funny. I don't particualrly care that much if autists on /v/ think DaS2 is better than DaS, I know it's not and if someone has played both games and don't agree fuck it, they probably just value different things in the games than I do.

If you really want to be more convincing in an argument like this try saying what you actually mean. Tell him to organize his list better, not to list things he's already listed poorly.
>>
Who /gutter/ here?
>>
Level and enemy design are stale and often nonsensical. Lots of weapons but mostly reskins with different stats instead of unique movesets. Game feels goopy compared to others, oddly heavy and floaty at the same time.

By far the best weapon customization system with infusion though.
>>
>>319993620
>why does /v/ hate it
Is that a joke? Dark souls is all /v/ talks about no one here hates it
>>
>>320006098
>The entirety of the undead burgh is a multi enemy encounter, the entirety of parish is a multi enemy encounter but those only count as 1 case because we need to make the list shorter for DS2?
I'm not him but those encounters really are better designed. Sorry if you can't see it man but it's true. He's right, if you go slowly you never aggro more than two or three enemies and the ones without hollow armor can be killed in two hits, and none have shields unless you can fight them 1v1.

This really shouldn't make you this angry though dude like
>You are lying through your teeth and you know it fuckwit.

Calm the fuck down dude, you guys disagree over what matters more to a game series. Take it less seriously bro. You're taking it upon yourself to insult and argue with literally every single person who disagrees with you. That won't lead you any where happy.
>>
>>320006491
IMO das2 feels more like an arcade than am RPG. The greater emphasis that des and das1 place on exploring and interacting with the world is much more of a trait of old-school rpgs, while das2 is much more about fighting waves of guys in pretty arenas/levels, which is very arcadey to me
>>
>>320006718
The infusion system would have worked better if more of the infusions weren't trash. A shame, really, since they try so hard to push it on you, but +10 is still the way to go in almost every situation
>>
ok so in short, do i have a chance to get it on my old ass xbox 360 or the scholar of the first sin is only available for free to the cool kids that bought the new consoles?
>>
>>320006741
It's the phenomenon on /v/ where the more popular something is the more vocal it's detractors will be.

It's why you hear people say /v/ hates things that are popular. Well, /v/ isn't one person. The reality of why it looks like that is the more popular something is the more it gets talked about and every time a game is talked about you better believe people who don't like it are gonna mention that they don't.
>>
>>320007119
if you aren't getting scholar you are fucking up.

scholar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vanilla das2
>>
>>320006807

One of my favourite areas in the game was the Undead Crypt because it really was something out of one of those old arcadey beat-em-up deals that were all over the PS2 era. It also had that old RPG aesthetic, old ass tombs with zombies and big dudes in armor.

And like most areas it was just short as fuck. I could play a whole game in that sort of area, or at least i'd happily go for a DeS set up where it's 1/5th of the game.
>>
>>320007191
my favorite areas in the game are the Gutter, the Lost Bastille, FotFG, and Drangleic Castle. IMO they're the best examples of level design merging with good atmosphere in the game. Especially in Scholar, where the properly-functioning lighting engine makes the Gutter appropriately dark and filled with shadows
>>
>>320006491
I disagree entirely. Miyazaki has said one of his biggest inspirations were the Steve Jackson table top games and anyone who has played one can see it.

Honestly, >>320006807 already put it really well. In DeS you feel more like you're interacting with a world than in DaS2 which just feels like "Go to this cool trope of an area even if it doesn't fit with what came before it. Kill all these enemies" Which is fine.
>>
>>320006098
>And thats how the FotFG encounter work too
Except no. Straight off the bat you get two immediate soldier aggros, though the farther back one takes a bit of time to get to you. You also have to worry about rolling into the Ogre agro range, though that's not exactly the biggest issue. Then once you get closer to the bonfire area there's one more, and then the bowman triggers. Now, if you go slow you have to deal with a bowman shooting you, the one behind the log, and then one of the two that falls from the right side. Then if you proceed up to the actual bowman there's still one more that falls from right behind you and one that comes from the creek area.

For the second encounter before the second bonfire, you can bait maybe two of the soldiers to come after you into the alcove underneath the firebombing soldier, assuming he doesn't fall down like he sometimes does, and assuming you don't have something blocking the path which happens due to one of the undead farting around. Yes, there's one in the back by he shield, but you're still aggroing multiple enemies at the same time with barely any way to deal with the situation short of hoping you can make it to the cubbyhole.

At least with Iron Keep you can bait all the Alonnes outside of the ones leading across the lowered bridge just by slightly walking forward and booking it towards the entrance since they funnel in one by one.
>>
>>320006807
this right here is why I think that people say that DaS2 is the inferior souls game. Once you get past the "hurr difficulty" memes, the Souls games, as designed by Miyazaki, are clearly inspired by pen-and-paper RPGs, and the player is intended to treat them as an electronic version as such.

DaS2 missed this memo, and the Vanilla devs (thanks Shibuya) fell for the memes, and designed what is basically an arcade game with a Dark Souls skin.

The level design for the DaS2 dlcs shows that Toriyama knows what's up, and is fully capable of making levels and characters that are up to the rpg/exploration standards of Miyazaki's games, but the Vanilla game is still pretty lackluster in this regard.

However, people who hopped aboard the series with DaS2 don't understand the series' roots as an RPG series, and thus don't mind being treated to Souls: the Arcade Game, and don't understand why more long-term fans of the series take issue with this
>>
>>320007942
>However, people who hopped aboard the series with DaS2 don't understand the series' roots as an RPG series, and thus don't mind being treated to Souls: the Arcade Game, and don't understand why more long-term fans of the series take issue with this
Along with this I think there is a crowd of people who have never really played anything like a traditional pen and paper RPG so they kinda miss the memo as well. These people don't really play the game as if it were an electronic version of one. Even Dark Souls to them was another action game.
>>
>>320008663
These would be the same people that unironically say things like "Dark Souls is the hardest game ever," or "who cares about the lore, guys :^)??"
>>
be sure to use task manager for mad warrior!
>>
>>320009716
What's that do?
>>
I just got this for 15 bucks and have only palyed DS1 and half of demon. What can I expect?
>>
>>320012154
Dark Souls: the Arcade Spinoff. Good for what it is if you go into it expecting this, a disappointment if you expect anything else
>>
>>320012154
Expect most of the game to "feel" like part 2 of DaS did. It's a decent game, you can Fashion Souls like crazy with it and some areas are great, but a ton of the choices they made really bog the game down.
>>
>>320012154
I sincerely hope you picked up scholar. The DLCs for DaS2 are great, but the base game is mediocre
>>
>>320012154
Expect better gameplay and pvp.
>>
>>320007386
One of my favorite memories in DaS2 is lighting all the torches in the Gutter, and just looking out across the entire level. Shit was surprisingly comfy.

If Scholar fixed up the lighting, then I'll be glad to grab that eventually, if only for moments like that
>>
>>320012947
>better gameplay
in a game where the following are prevalent:
>ADP
>despawning enemies
>zones crowded with 9999 enemies and ganks
>enemies built purposefully to stunlock you to death
>mediocre bosses
>mediocre level design

>better pvp
in a game with
>SM
>no full cracked eye orbs until NG+
>nerfed invasions
>overwhelming focus on 1v1 arena honorduels
>broken poise system

I don't think so, Tim
>>
>>320013010
Yes, Scholar fixed the lighting (mostly), the Gutter looks great now
>>
>>319995071
>*bastion: on your way to the three sentinels you get ambushed the moment you open the door.

And then you do what any smart player would do by using the door as a chokepoint and killing the enemies as they funnel in one at a time, just like that part in Undead Parish with the Channeler.
>>
Haven't played Scholar but the original was already better than Dark Souls. Scholar is probably just as good
>>
>>319993901
literally the opposite of what this guy said

It's the worst single-player experience
The best PvP/Co-op one
>>
>>320013746
The thing is, multiplayer has always been garbage and will never carry a Souls game. That's why DkS2 is seen as the weakest one.
>>
>>320013746
>>320013851
you're both wrong. multiplayer IS important to a souls game, it's what carried DeS in the early days of it's budding popularity. However, what does the carrying is the invader/host dynamic.

By placing an overwhelming emphasis on the Arena and nerfing invasions, DaS2 tries to place an emphasis on the pvp, but fails, since it's focusing on the bar-none LEAST important aspect of it. And in doing so, implements a bunch of features that makes invasion pvp lackluster
>>
>>320014087
That's exactly what I meant. My fault for not being very specific.

I said the same thing yesterday on another DkS2 thread but I seriously hope they just ignore PvP fags and don't even bother with arenas and shit like that. Just let people invade each other and have fun, don't make it an insane grind.
>>
Awesome game, I got the platinum trophy for it last night.
>>
>now you have to fight 8 gargoyles at the same time
WHERE DO THE COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?
>>
>>320014218
I dunno, I think that Arenas have SOME place in Souls, as a fun side gimmick. I'm a fan of the idea of making old boss arenas, from bosses you've already killed, multiplayer arenas -- summon someone for a 1v1, turn on the boss music, and fight. Would be cool, just so long as it doesn't eclipse normal invasions
>>
>>319993620
It has a fuck ton of content.

Takes at least 100+ hours to beat everything first play through.

Pretty fun game, no where near as good as the first, but still good.

Worth a play.
>>
>>320015959
>DaS2 takes 100 hours to beat on a first playthrough
are you havin a giggle m8? DaS2 is ~30-35 hours AT MAX, and that's including all DLC + aldia
>>
>>320016742
Sure, for a second play through
>>
>>320017462
And if you use the right min maxy build

Fuck Dark Souls 2
>>
>>320017462
nah senpai. My first playthrough ended up being an all-bosses run, including Darklurker, including all DLC, and it was about 32 hours.
>b-but muh minmaxing
I was powerstancing berserkswords, which is actually pretty inefficient. but it looked cool, and took advantage of a mechanic I liked
>>
>>320017770
Sure, and I beat the game on my first try SL1 using only fists and estus.
>>
>>320017937
>I'm a shitter therefore it's impossible for others to be gud
have you considered that you just suck at the game?
>100 hours on a first playthrough
how absolutely terrifying, acquire proficiency
>>
>>320018103
Uh huh, and stop looking at guides
>>
>>320018181
you should focus less on being butthurt, and more on improving your pve game
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.