[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just finished Uncharted 1 through the PS4 collection. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune-cover.jpg (76 KB, 570x379) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune-cover.jpg
76 KB, 570x379
So, I just finished Uncharted 1 through the PS4 collection. It was fine, but it's super-linear, a bit of a mediocre shooter, insanely easy puzzles, annoying QTE, it was a bit of a mediocre platformer and the story, while fun and good by vidya standards, wasn't exactly amazing with it awkwardly turning into a zombie game 3/4s of the way through. It got 88 on Metacritic. How did it get such good reviews? I mean, I didn't hate it, and will happily play the sequels (since I bought them), but I'm kind of confused by it.

Is Uncharted 2 more of the same or is it a major step forward?
>>
Uncharted 2 is a massive step forward.

The controls/movement get better, there's more freedom in combat (still linear, but you can stealth some parts etc...). Much bigger variety in enviroments and everything is just better.

3 isn't as good as 2, but most prefer it to 1.

Uncharted is unique in the sense that it's puzzles get more complicated in each game, 1's are very rare and mind numbingly easy, 2 is similar but a few are multi-part and require a little bit of thinking, 3 has some actually good puzzles.
>>
>>319992340
U2 way fucking better, but really it's a platformer-shooter hybrid that isn't worth playing without the story. Honestly there's only a few times across the whole franchise where the gameplay is even fun. Just dry, brainless room-clearing and jumping around. If they just turned the stupid thing into a Nathan Fillion movie series, it'd serve the community better.
>>
>>319992340
>Is Uncharted 2 more of the same or is it a major step forward?

You say you're going to play it anyway, so why did you make a thread just to ask this? How about forming your own opinion?
>>
>>319993007
That... sounds good, a big improvement. I'm not really that fussed about it being linear (much rather linear than getting lost constantly, or having to retreading).

Plus I liked the fact it was short. I would have been pissed off if I'd paid $60 for it but it's nice at $40 for three games
>>
>>319993113
It's called making conversation, plus it'll probably take me a while to get around to it as I've got a big backlog (particularly of 3DS games, with Chibi Robo: Zip-Lash, Code Name STEAM, Shovel Knight and Ultimate NES Remix still unplayed).
>>
>>319993401

It's called being a dumbass newfag, and also cool blogpost bro
>>
>>319993250
2 is longer, but it's still pretty short.

I've played all 3 games many times, and 1 takes me about 5 hours, 2 takes me about 8 on a casual replay on normal difficulty.

Did you download the beta for 4? You get in if you own the collection. It's almost over though.
>>
>>319993867
I don't really like playing multiplayer shooters with controllers, plus I heard bad things about TLOE's multiplayer, so I'm giving it a miss.
>>
>>319994029
> heard bad things about TLoU's multiplayer

From who? That's the one thing /v/ actually agrees to like about that game.
>>
>>319994183
That it's pay-to-win.
>>
The first one was the best in the series imo
>>
>>319994291
It really really isn't. The only stuff you can buy is cosmetic.
>>
>>319992340
How the fuck was it awkward? I thought it was a good twist that was forshadowed for a while. The noises of twigs snapping when you first land on the island. The traps that are catching the pirates. The footprints. It was all hinting at something. The bunker chapter also scared the shit out of me when I played it all those years ago.
>>
>>319994379
Yeah I never understood it when people say it was out of left field.

There was a cutscene that showed a non-human footprint, not to mention about 3 Dialouge references by the villains to a mysterious 3rd faction that was killing them off. Even in the second chapter Sully says "at least I think they're human" when looking at the wall carvings in El Dorado's original temple.

What I never understood was the Nazi's in Panama though. Even if we excuse "sailed upriver in flood season when they were halfway up a mountain, why were they all violently killed? El Dorado left the continent 100s of years earlier, what killed them?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.