[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> 100 MILLION DOLLARYDOOS https://robertsspaceindustries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: sc.jpg (84 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
84 KB, 800x800
> 100 MILLION DOLLARYDOOS

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
>>
>>319985782
The next stretch goal is Chris Roberts calling everyone who sent him money a fucking retard and fleeing to Ecuador with his hard-won spacebucks.
>>
Is there much reason to back the game now? Like is any of the free shit hard to obtain in the final game?

Since it's at 100 million and the 2.0 alpha is out it's starting to look like an actual product.
>>
>>319986694
2.0 is fun as fuck.
>>
>>319985782
I'm glad I jumped onto the kickstarter when I could.
>>
These games will never succeed because they are essentially boring.

There are only three types of gameplay

>PvP dogfighting

Either in arenas or casually "on-the-fly", boring and tedious because actual objectives are missing. There is no story arc and no investment.

>trading

Buy shit in one system and sell it for a small bonus in another. Oh wow, do that 3 times and youre already bored. Building your own trading empire? Lol, this is an MMO, no one will "own" a solar system. Everyone will always be a smalltime trader with one ship.

>exploring

Nice, a new nebula. Oh cool, a neutron star. And then? Nothing. theres only so much current engines can do and space is largely empty.

The only way space sims work is as a backround ontop of an engaging campaign like Wing Commander or the X-Wing series. Everything else is WoW but 100 times more boring.
>>
>>319987473
You're saying that a game that tries to feature everything in the universe is an unfocused, flashy mess that lacks a coherent, engaging game experience? Interesting - someone should have pointed that out before.
>>
File: abort.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
abort.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>319987473
play an mmo that isnt f2p
>>
>>319986694
You can just download it, play it and see if you don't like it. It's free fly weekend, I think.

It is nice to see a game develop over time.
>>
>>319987473
>The only way space sims work is as a backround ontop of an engaging campaign like Wing Commander or the X-Wing series. Everything else is WoW but 100 times more boring.

They could make more complicated ships that you build yourself out of modules. That would include air, heat, windows, consoles, fuel tanks. Plus maintaining everything from the inside if something gets damaged. Add more hazards in space.
>>
>>319985782
I wish it was singleplayer.
>>
>>319988661
Same. The minute i found out they were going to make it a MMO, i thought "this is going to be like APB but with space."
>>
>>319988630
Space Engineers has most of that.
>>
>>319988704
It wouldn't be so bad if we got just one good singleplayer open space game like this, but no, all of them end up being multiplayer.
>>
File: 1447971586650.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1447971586650.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>319988704
>>319988661
There is a WC styled singleplayer; Squadron 42.

Star Citizen is the multiplayer/MMO component.
>>
>>319988720
>Space Engineers has most of that.

Then they can add stuff like that into Star Citizen if it's boring.
>>
>>319988661
There's a singleplayer campaign, which then has free play after you beat it. That's been in since the start.
>>
>>319988870
The problem is that Squadron 42 is a single campaign style game heavily fenced off from the 'open space' of the main Star Citizen game.
>>
File: 1346565274845.jpg (30 KB, 573x467) Image search: [Google]
1346565274845.jpg
30 KB, 573x467
>>319989003
Yeah, that's what SC needs: more features. How did kickstarters get so good at game design?
>>
I wouldn't buy a space sim type of game where people climb into ships that are basically fighter jets in space.
>>
>>319989003
Or they could finish the game.

That might help more.
>>
>>319989114
Shit nigger, you ain't buying anything then.
>>
>>319989013
So it's like Freelancer
>>
>>319989209
He could buy X3 and ignore all the low-level ships and just fly around in their slow as fuck capital ship.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.