[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder Charle's Barkley: Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden is legitimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: a fucking masterpiece.jpg (97 KB, 338x259) Image search: [Google]
a fucking masterpiece.jpg
97 KB, 338x259
Reminder Charle's Barkley: Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden is legitimately one of the greatest RPGs of all time, and shits all over Undertale and LISA.
>>
Literal meme game
>>
>>319973252
That's what I thought at first, but then I actually played the fucking game and realized it's legitimately a great game with a fun battle system and genius writing. It's only flaw is that it's too short.
>>
>>319973472
That's what I thought before playing it. Then I actually played it and it's got an awful story, memes, and awful atb system.
>>
>>319974481
>I literally never played the game
Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>319974481
Okay kid, how about actually playing the greatest JRPG ever created then?
>>
>something is either the greatest or absolute garbage
>there is no inbetween
And here I was hoping someone would want to actually discuss vidya.
>>
>>319973252
>meme game
>jokes based around 90s basketball and space jam

what the hell are you talking about dude
>>
>>319975764
>Implying space jam wasn't a meme movie
>Implying there aren't memes in this meme game
>>
is the sequel ever coming out
>>
>>319975882
Meme posters need to get the fuck out
>>
>>319975882
>everything is a fucking meme

it's true man but if this how you live your life it must be really boring
>>
As somebody who likes both UT and Lisa, Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is indeed the king and cannot be topped.
>>
File: id_rather_disappear.png (455 KB, 561x576) Image search: [Google]
id_rather_disappear.png
455 KB, 561x576
>>319973069
>barkley gaiden
>created by an autistic anime nut who spergs out like a crying baby everytime somebody likes a joke he makes
>undertale
>created by the most based, fair, levelheaded, respectable man in the industry with prior work on acclaimed products and a fantastic sense of humor to boot

try again kek
>>
Greatest NBA rpg ever created.
>>
>>319976565
CBoyardee is a saint.
>>
>>319976565
>spergs out like a crying baby everytime somebody likes a joke he makes
Why is that such a common thing, anyway?
>>
>>319973069
I remember there were talks of a sequel but i don't think it it will ever get made.
>>
>>319976565
>created by an autistic anime nut who spergs out like a crying baby everytime somebody likes a joke he makes
Whether you think he's autistic or not, the guy is still a comedic genius.

>created by the most based, fair, levelheaded, respectable man in the industry with prior work on acclaimed products and a fantastic sense of humor to boot
Toby's sense of humor is okay at best. I never once burst out laughing at Undertale's writing while I have on many occasions in Shut up and Jam. Toby simply doesn't have the same sense of subtlety or wit that Chef Boyardee has.
>>
>>319976860
it was kickstarted years ago. The sprite artist makes asset updates on youtube often but god knows if the game itself has made any progress lately.
>>
>>319977051
Here's a part of a convo with cboyardee circa march:
(hentai_carl) very well, we're finally done with all our major backend systems so we're working on content exclusively now. Some very cool stuff.
(hentai_carl) I was gone for the last month so I had to catch up this week, but we started this new NPC system that Im' really excited to work on
(REDACTED) ooh, that sounds really awesome!
(REDACTED) glad to hear it's going well!
(hentai_carl) yeah, basically this one set of NPCs wanders around the world. Before they were all generic, but we've made them all unique so you can sort of see how they develop over time
(hentai_carl) it's really cool actually
(REDACTED) whoa, that sounds pretty advanced
(hentai_carl) nah, I don't think it's too complicated, we were already doing similar stuff.
(REDACTED) hell yeah
(REDACTED) you guys really have this under control lol
(hentai_carl) Yeah, I feel bad that it's taking so long but it's just very big and complicated
(hentai_carl) we're doing like
(hentai_carl) weird and cool shit with it that hasn't really been done before
(hentai_carl) so it's actually fun on top of being goofy and weird

Realistically it'll probably be done by 2016 unless they decide to overhaul everything
>>
Oh ya what a comedy genius those dumb as fuck YouTube dilbert videos and Bart the general what a comedy phenomenon
>>
>>319977727
>he doesn't like dilbert

GTFO
>>
>>319977727
What are you talking about that shit was hilarious. Get some taste Redditor.
>>
>>319978089
Anything in undertale is funnier than those 'ironic' shit videos. Even fucking alphys
>>
>>319978648
Nah Undertale's humor is shit.
>>
>>319978793
Instead of spouting hate memes, why not actually elaborate on why you think it's shit?

or are you just part of the hivemind?
>>
>>319978856
Because the game tries way too hard to be "quirky" and it just gets old really fast.
>>
>>319975882
God I hate shitposters so much
Try reading what you write aloud before forcing the rest of us to read your drivel
>>
Barkley 2 is still the only game I've funded on kikestarter

I have faith in cboyardee
>>
>>319979145
barkley jam was one of the most forced fucking games i've ever played.

The best item in the game is a kimono with shrek printed on it because LE FUNNIE SHREGG MAYMAY!!!!!! If that's not forced quirkyness than what is?
>>
Sigvatr actually had edge to his comedy cboyardee is the pussyfag me-too piggybacking on what sigvatr did first and better
>>
>>319979424
The Shrek meme wasn't even a thing around the time the game came out.
>>
>>319979497
wasn't Chef Boyardee the one that turned Shrek into a meme?
>>
>>319977727
Dilbert 2 and 3 were funny, you faggot.
>>
>>319979724
He also started remove kebab
>>
It's a great game, but I think the thing people forget about is the battle system.

It has one of the only tolerable turn-based battle systems I have ever played.

Why the literal fuck has no one tried something similar before or after?
>>
>>319979830
>paper mario
>legend of dragoon
>>
>>319973069

Yo I just started replaying this. Ridiculous this game is.

Fabled B-Ball champions of old.. May have had the first slam aons ago.
>>
>>319981190
I'll give you Paper Mario

not really on Legend of Dragoon.

The thing about Barkley is that it changed the minigame for every weapon you used or ability you had.

It kept things fresh.
>>
>>319976759
i don't know about him specifically, but it's not totally uncommon among some artistic/creative people. basically it's the art transitioning to, and i'm serious here (although maybe a bit lenient with my diction), a meme. instead of reacting to the art, we're reacting to the memory of experiencing the art. i'm sure it's annoying as fuck too when you become popular enough that people just repeat it around or towards you endlessly.
>>
>>319976759
It's because people took his "Shrek is drek" thing and ran it into the fucking ground
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.