[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever be surpassed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].png (474 KB, 1013x578) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
474 KB, 1013x578
Will it ever be surpassed?
>>
File: 3432555.jpg (16 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
3432555.jpg
16 KB, 308x308
>>319969763
>>
>>319969813
Thread over, Thank you and good night people.
>>
File: 1413139375183.png (831 KB, 443x429) Image search: [Google]
1413139375183.png
831 KB, 443x429
>new generation of kids are acting like Twilight Princess is the best Zelda because it was their first
>>
>>319969763
Considering it was the start of the drop in Zelda quality, it will take a long time.
>>
>>319969763

Undertale is better t b h.

Zelda is meme shit.
>>
>>319969763
In empty space metrics? Who knows.
>>
>>319969763
So long as Aonuma keeps working on Zelda, no.
>>
its hard to think of a zelda that DIDNT surpass it
>>
>>319969914

How's that any different from Ocarina and Wind Waker kids?
>>
>>319970291
Those are both good games.

Twilight Princess is a mediocre borefest.

I'd rather sail for eternity than do anything Wolf Link related.
>>
>>319970435

Wind Waker is a borefest.

I'd rather do anything wolf link related then sail for eternity in a sea of fucking nothing
>>
I prefer Undertale as far as top games go
>>
File: Wind Waker.png (2 MB, 923x1320) Image search: [Google]
Wind Waker.png
2 MB, 923x1320
directed at the OP

(#spoilers)yes(#spoilers)
>>
>>319969763
Already has.
>>
>>319970960
>the best way Aonuma could think of fixing the flaws of Wind Waker's gameplay was to remove the gameplay itself

It's really quite interesting when you think about it.
>>
>>319971412
>>the best way Aonuma could think of fixing the flaws of Wind Waker's gameplay was to remove the gameplay itself

But Phantom Hourglass was even worse somehow
>>
>>319970291
Because nobody who played LttP first preferred OoT on playing it, right?
>>
>>319969763
nah, it was it's own thing, I loved it the way it was.
>>
>>319972495
I played LttP first and loved WW more.
>>
>>319970012
Here's a reply
>>
Love this game. Here's my problem with the sea, and it's important to me, because the sea was like 10/10 on my first playthrough, but, while it's still amazing and y favorite part of the game, it could've been much better.

I'm on my third playthrough right now, and I just beat the last temple. I've done no extraneous exploring so far, save for charting every island that I have been required to visit up to this point, plus Tingle island, which I will be required to visit and has no significant content. There are 16 of these islands. Add in the fairy islands, and you're up to 21. That leaves 28 squares on the map that, until the triforce quest, will be completely optional (and are not fairy islands). I include the fairy islands because they're devoid of any content at all except one hole with an upgrade at the bottom. So, 28 islands. If you take out the reefs and archipelagos, which are complete bullshit filler, you're down to like 19 or 20. There are six reefs, and two or three archipelagos. At this point, I'd also personally strike the cabana, as without acquiring the triforce shard, there's nothing to do here, as opposed to most triforce shard and chart bearing islands where even if you don't acquire a shard, there's still stuff to do. You could go even further and take out the minigames, which leaves us with somewhere around 15.
>>
>>319974198
cont.

In a sea of 49 islands, there are about 15 good ones for exploring. That's a bit ridiculous. The sea is definitely big enough, but they padded it out way too much. I think most fairies should be an addendum to an island, rather than their own island, leaving maybe two islands intact just for flavor, and you could do similar with about three to five reefs and barriers. Already that's freed up like seven to nine islands for cool shit. I think even that would be enough. But yeah, just way too much filler. By the second time around, you remember every island vividly because the one's you might not remember as well number about halfway between ten and twenty, which is not nearly enough.
>>
>>319971286
gr8 game desu.

Overworld had more content but wasnt as good as PH though
>>
>>319969763
There's like 5 or 6 other Zelda games that surpass it.
>>
>>319970435
>Those are both good games.
>Twilight Princess is a mediocre borefest.

Ocarina and Wind Waker are mediocre borefests.

>>319972495
I played LttP when it came out and I wasn't impressed by Ocarina.

My first Zelda was the original Zelda. It's coincidentally my favorite Zelda now, but it didn't used to be.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.