[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when are we going to see a port of this game? I was always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].png (528 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
528 KB, 960x640
So when are we going to see a port of this game? I was always interested in it but they took it down from android stores a while back so i never had a chance to play it. It apparently was episodic but had an entire world map and if you had all the episodes it'd play like a normal final fantasy game.
>>
>>319965328
Is this Dimensions?
>>
>>319966050
Yea.
>>
Just download the APK and play it in an Android emulator. Knowing Square Enix you probably wont ever see a port, or they might make one a decade from now out of nowhere.
>>
>>319965328
>took it down
You wot m8?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp&hl=en
>>
>>319965328
They took it out? It's still up on the android store. It's just OK, better than your average spinoff but not as good as a true FF. The job system and customization isn't as good as FF5, due both to its mechanic and to the story. The characters are boring as fuck and totally forgettable.
>>
>>319968095
They didn't, OP is just looking to rationalize pirating.
>>
>>319967941
>APK and play it in an Android emulato
bluestacks? doesn't work.
>>
>>319968015
>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp&hl=en
Only specific phones will work. which is like the original droid and that's it i think.
>>
>>319968593
>using blueshit for gaming
Google Adny the android emulator
It's specifically designed for games
>>
>>319968691
Nigga my Galaxy S4 has no problem accessing it.
Better tell us what garbage ancient phone you have.
>>
File: 1382558492363.jpg (111 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1382558492363.jpg
111 KB, 500x376
this was a better FF than 13 or 14, to honestly share my opinion with you, relatives.
>>
>>319968802
Galaxy s6 Doesn't even show up in the google play store when i search final fantasy
>>
>>319968990
Oh, that's a known problem with Squeenix. They don't update their old shit to support brand new phones.
>>
>>319968950
>to honestly share my opinion with you, relatives
s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>319969102
It's wierd cuz my previous phone was a galaxy s4. And it didn't show up then either.
>>
>>319969293
It could be a problem with your country or network.
>>
>>319968950
Sad that one of the better recent FF was a low budget mobile throwback game. Kind of makes all that money they're blowing on XV look like a waste.
>>
>>319971634
We honestly don't even know anything about FF15 other than the demo and trailers. For all you know it can be pretty damn good.
I know I like the gameplay, music and the premise. The only thing I don't like is the all black-clad main characters design. For fucks sake back in FF6 they literally changed Terra's hair from blonde to green ingame just because they felt that having two characters look similar ingame might confuse people. And then they proceed to make everyone look the same in FF15.
>>
>>319968950
Most of the mobile games have been better than 13 and 14. Record Keeper is pretty fucking good too despite being stamina freeium bullshit.
>>
>>319971912
>Pirate record keeper
>Use the unlimited stamina cheat
>Enjoy the game
>>
I actually really love Final Fantasy Dimensions. It feels like FF3 and FF5, which gives me a gigantic nostalgiaboner. The music is also absolutely FANTASTIC. The story isn't that great but the gameplay is good - though it'd benefit a lot from not playing on a goddamn touchscreen. If it had a port, whether it was to vita, 3ds or PC, I'd buy the fuck out of it.
>>
File: FF15-snes-v1.png (126 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
FF15-snes-v1.png
126 KB, 480x320
>>319971902
Characters wearing black in XV is the main point because they are from the same kingdom and same organization which is like a Yakuza organization, the characters themselves look nothing alike in body build, face or hair, even in sprite form you can easily tell them all apart just like you can any other FF character

And they are in black modern suits and clothes to contrast against the main enemy kingdom of the game who wear white and colored medieval armor and robes.

Terra and Celes had the same hairstyle and blonde hair which is why they changed Terra to green and tied up her hair
>>
>>319968950
This.

Great game. A mix of some of the best aspects of IV/V/VI

The OST is fucking amazing, too. This fucking boss theme:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cFQaGksuHg
>>
>>319973082
This is pretty goo-
>guitar kicks in
nuttedbutshestillsuckin.jpg
>>
>>319965328
Should I get this game?
>>
>>319976625
Depends, do you like the older final fantasy games?
>>
>>319977742
I only like 4 to 6.
>>
How long is this game?
>>
>>319968990
I have a Galaxy S6 and I'm seeing it in the store right now as we speak.
>>
>>319978734
You're in luck, Dimensions is basically a combination of aspects of IV, V and VI.

You will probably enjoy it. The story isn't anything special but the OST makes up for it. It has a job system like V, if you're into that.

>>319978875
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3490
>>
>>319979647
>main story
>53 hours
That's longer than many conventional JRPGs.
>>
>>319965328
>>319979647
so it basically plays like V?

Anything else I should know about this game?
>>
>>319980129
>so it basically plays like V?
Basically. Has guest 5th characters like IV, you switch between different parties like VI, but V is the closest comparison

>Anything else I should know about this game?
You can switch the soundtrack between 16 bit esque sounds and a proper arrangements in the settings. Not much else.
>>
>>319980495
Does this game have DRM?

I know that some of Square's other games have DRM, and I'm not impressed by that.

In this case, it's not even the anti-piracy measure that bothers me. What bothers me is that they require wi-fi or 3G to be activated to play a single-player RPG. That's a monumental waste of bandwidth and battery life.

I can play every major Android game in the market and not have any connection turned on. But not when it comes to Square's games.
>>
>>319980815
That thing you speak of is only required when launching the game, you can turn it off once you get to main menu.
And if you pirated a cracked APK then the DRM is obviously taken out altogether.
>>
>>319980905
>That thing you speak of is only required when launching the game, you can turn it off once you get to main menu.
Ehh, still not good enough.

I have all the wi-fi I need at home, but this isn't good for lunch breaks at work. We don't have wi-fi, and I don't have a 3G subscription.

Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me.
>>
>>319981303
Make sure to look for version 1.1.2 as that's the latest, older versions may or may not have minor bugs and older builds before certain threshold don't have the 8bit music option.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.