[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to card this son of a bitch and he won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: FFVIIIScreen10.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FFVIIIScreen10.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
I'm trying to card this son of a bitch and he won't let me. I tried junctioning 100 sleep spells to my Strength but I don't think I did it right because my attacks aren't putting him to sleep ever. I can get him down to about 9,500 health before I run out of Cure spells so I just card over and over and it doesn't work, then game over.

This game is too hard. 7/10 overall for music and summons.
>>
>>319957883

Win it against a guy in Timber, don't waste your time.
>>
>>319957883
I'm pretty sure you need to junction sleep to attack, not strength. Assuming you want to put it to sleep with your regular attacks that is.
>>
>>319957990
This
You have to junction it to St-ATK
>>
>>319957883
Jesus VIII was a clusterfuck.
>>
File: junction.jpg (122 KB, 988x669) Image search: [Google]
junction.jpg
122 KB, 988x669
>>319957990
That's what I want to do

>>319958121
but it looks like I can't yet. probably a GF ability

Know of a place to draw a few more cures besides waiting for the point outside of the Garden?
>>
>>319958283
Its been a long time, but I think Siren gives you it but it takes forever.

Just whittle his health down and use scan. Lower health should up the odds.
>>
You need enemies' HP to be in killing range to card reliably, dumbass. And why are you even trying to card T-Rexaur, who has incredibly inflated HP at any point in the game, when Quake isn't even that good of a junction?
>>
Anon why are you trying to card T-rexaur that early?

>>319958283
>>319958531
Yeah Siren has it, and I think Ifrit too if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>319958779
I'm following a guide and I don't question it. It told me I need it to play cards early on and to do it after getting Ifrit's card.
>>
>>319957883
eh, a bit early if you dont know what your doing.
A lot of gfs will give you St-atk and shit when the gfs lvl up.

Come back later, or get it another way.
You havent even junctioned anything in hp yet, this is to early what are you doing.
>>
>>319959002
>I'm following a guide
Ever think of playing the game yourself?
>>
>>319959002
That guide is stupid. If you really need something besides Ifrit to win early on, two or three Bombs are much easier to get.
>>
>>319959002
>I'm following a guide
Kids these days...
>>
>>319959127
VIII is easy enough to break on your own, you might as well go all the way and break it to the extreme.
>>
Is the trexaur card even good? It's like 9682 on stats or something going counterclockwise. Are you trying to use it make items for spells?
>>
>>319959294
T-Rexaur has like one 6 and 7, I think. You don't see 8s until boss cards, 9 on GFs, and A/10 is only on character cards. It just refines into 10 or 20 Quakes anyway. Not worth bothering with.
>>
>>319959182
It's a specific card guide. I beat disc 1 before years ago and won't consult a walkthrough for discs 2-4.
>>
File: 1453564655.gif (501 KB, 208x219) Image search: [Google]
1453564655.gif
501 KB, 208x219
>tfw you were a lazy, retarded kid and didn't want or try to understand the junctioning system so you just used GF's for every battle
>I deleted the save right before the end at 150 hours played

I honestly get triggered every time FF8 is ever brought up.
>>
>>319959665

That is precisely why they made the G.F system.
>>
File: I am not a clever man.png (32 KB, 242x184) Image search: [Google]
I am not a clever man.png
32 KB, 242x184
>>319959665
I did all of Disc 1 without equipping a GF the first time around because I didn't know how shit worked and didn't pay attention to the explanations.
>>
>>319959405
You're right, I was thinking of ifrit. 9826 going counterclockwise from 12 o clock.
>>
>>319959245
>you might as well go all the way and break it to the extreme.
Low level runs don't even give you all that big of an edge over less optimized runs. You can cap most stats with junctions and boosts pretty easily without ever touching the stat bonus abilities. Also, fuck spending a couple hours grinding Galbadian Soldiers with Seifer. Easily the worst part of playing low level.
>>
>>319958283
Un-junction sleep from STR before you can junction it to St-Atk faggot

Is this bait
>>
>>319961017
I junctioned blizzard to Strength then tried to put Sleep on something else. It didn't work. You can see the little square isn't there next to it to show it's junctioned to something else.
>>
>>319959665
I had zero problem with the junction system and used GF every turn, what do you mean?

Why the fuck would I waste low damage Fires and reduce the stat it's junctioned with when i can just spam a more powerful attack for free?
>>
>>319961287
I was a stupid little 9 year old, give me a break.
>>
>>319960668
It took me until the missile silo part to realize people besides Squall could have GF's
>>
>>319959445
You can literally get every single card by defeating the queen of cards in the endgame
>>
>>319961201
are you on elemental attack or stat attack? it looks like ele
>>
>>319959665
i got all the way to adel as a kid just spamming GFs

then i got stuck on it for weeks before i lucked my way through the fight using darkside on zell
>>
>>319959665
Oh yeah. I remember that. Spammed GFs through the game and got stuck at the end of disk 3 when Rinoa is assimilated and the GF attacks hit her. Went back and beat it later but damn kid me was an idiot.
>>
I kinda wanna play FF8 again just because the junction system was fun to mess around with and become incredibly overpowered early on. But boy oh boy do I not give a shit about any of the story or characters in that game.

How's that PC version? Maybe I'll just cheat engine myself some of the good shit and stomp through everything.
>>
>>319961201
Strength is just damage.
Elemental Attack is as explained.
Status Attack is the same.

You start with elemental attack, you don't get status attack until Dollet, and it's one of the rarer standard junctions in the game with few GFs having it.
>>
File: asspull.png (89 KB, 635x470) Image search: [Google]
asspull.png
89 KB, 635x470
>>319961810
>But boy oh boy do I not give a shit about any of the story or characters in that game.
Actually give it a chance and pay attention. There's tons of little bits of world building that you won't even notice normally, and they make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and interesting. Squall aside, the characters are pretty whatever though.
>>
>>319959002
>I'm following a guide and I don't question it.
Oh my fucken dicking christstick, what the fuck m8. You are trying to do a useless thing and you don't even know why. You're just doing it because some poofter who reckons he knows the 'right' way to play wrote it down somewhere.

Delete that cunting guide and play the game properly. Properly is not wasting time doing useless things because some other cunt told you to.
>>
>>319960840
>lso, fuck spending a couple hours grinding Galbadian Soldiers with Seifer. Easily the worst part of playing low level.
Is also tedious, but grinding Marlboros with Edea is more fun and scary
>>
>>319962048

I've played/completed it before plenty of times in the PS1 days. Hell, I still own it on disc. That's how I know.
>>
>>319962305
That's going to get you killed when you're drafted, thinking you know better than your commanding officer. Kids these days, don't know how to take orders, they alone are intelligent enough to know the truth.
>>
File: PSOGL2_510.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_510.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>319957883
>I'm trying to card this son of a bitch and he won't let me
Card command only works on enemies who are low on HP.

>I tried junctioning 100 sleep spells to my Strength
There is separate stat for status attack, junction sleep there.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.