[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one's better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: doom.png (221 KB, 709x136) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
221 KB, 709x136
Which one's better?
>>
Probably BFG edition because of Doom 1 and 2. You just get more game for your money. I bought BFG edition and honestly played the originals more than Doom 3. They're MUCH faster game play and they don't piss you off with that scripted spawning an enemy behind you bull shit that pisses me off in any game that does it. Doom 1 and 2 don't do that, the enemies are hidden behind secret doors and shit that open up behind you as you progress but they don't lazily just appear in the game world.

TL:DR neither, get the Doom Final pack with doom 1 and 2 included.
>>
I heard you couldn't mod the BFG edition.
>>
>>319936906
>>319935796
Why not just install a source port or something? cant you just get the game for free?
>>
BFG Edition is garbage, avoid.
>>
>>319935796
>>319936906
You can't play brutal doom with the versions of doom that come with the BFG edition, thats the only draw back>>319935796
>>
>>319935796
The BFG Edition fucks with the game. Although it consolidates and supports modern systems better, the graphics are slightly compressed compared to the Ultra of the original, they swapped out the Flashlight for a battery-operated HL-style shoulder light, the game liberally throws more ammo and supplies around to the point that you arguably don't need the secret / keypad caches anymore, among various other alterations that just really fuck with the game. People are making HD mods for BFG Edition now, but most mods are incompatible with that version of the game as well.

Plus the BFG Edition of Doom 2 has the Wolfenstein levels censored.
>>
avoid BFG edition, play the original DOOM 3

And enjoy it, get into it. For the love of god don't install that stupid flashlight-on-gun mod, or really any mods, just play it as intended.
>>
>>319935796
Original.

the BFG Edition is console port, re-ported back to PC. It has worse graphics, tiny FOV, does not support mods of D3, amd the D1&2 version that come with it are Censored.
>>
>>319936906
>>319935796
Don't get the BFG edition.
Doom 3's mods are mostly incompatible and Doom 1 + 2 are censored, making them not work well for multiplayer.
>>
>>319935796
Yeah just listen to everyone else, get originals and mod in the flashlight if that's your thing.
>>
>>319935796
Get the original. BFG edition is harder to mod and has worse lighting. If the inclusion of the original Doom games in the BFG edition is attractive to you, know that you can easily play each of them for free through a sourceport.
>>
File: fuck you guys.gif (953 KB, 270x252) Image search: [Google]
fuck you guys.gif
953 KB, 270x252
fuck guys i started to play the bfg version of doom 3 because i didn't knew any better.
how do i make doom 3 work well with a modern system.
also are there any must have mods?
>>
>>319935796
original obviously

bfg is some kind of bizarre console port of a pc game ported back to a console
>>
Original with Sikkmod, shit looks nice

Also: did anyone else really fucking love Doom 3 at launch? I never got the hate behind it, because while different, it's not a BAD game, and it was the first real thing to give my 9800 a chance to show off all it was capable of
>>
get normal doom 3 and use the yafm
>>
I wanted to share this with you guys.
I had an old windows 95 computer with shareware doom on it, and I had a new computer. So I wanted to get doom on the new computer. I only had floppy discs, so I tried converting the files to text format, then saving all of it in the floppy discs to recombine it and play on the new computer. I didn't have enough floppies to fit all of it.
This was quite a few years back, a funny story I wanted to tell you guys of how retarded I was.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.