[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... I just got a DS Lite. This is a pretty cool game. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: plume.jpg (32 KB, 445x400) Image search: [Google]
plume.jpg
32 KB, 445x400
So... I just got a DS Lite.

This is a pretty cool game. I'm already grabbing the Ace Attorney series, Radiant Historia and some of the DS remakes. Any other good games I might skip because it sounds dumb?

I remember Hatsworth or something was pretty big here on /v/ when the DS was actually relevant. Is it worth it?
>>
Hatsworth is great, though the puzzle element of it is a little tedious(especially on hard mode). If you want a challenge that doesn't feel too cheap, play on normal mode with no upgrades.
>>
>>319931967
There was a Valkyrie profile for DS ? What the hell, when it came out ?

Whatever m8, take Final Fantasy Tactics Grimore of the rift, Etryan odissey, Jump ultimate stars (if you are pretty weeb), FF12 Wings something.
>>
>>319932704
I have no idea when it came out, but it's great. It plays very much like FFT, and is challenging enough to keep me interested in the story.
>>
ghost trick is really good and solatorobo
>>
>>319931967
Metroid prime hunters was pretty fun as far as I can remember, although a large portion of the game was online and its dead. Still might be worth a try though
>>
>>319931967
Hatsworth is great, definitely go for it.

Contra 4
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Ghost Trick
Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent
Kirby Super Star Ultra
The World Ends With You
Solatorobo
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

off the top of my head.
>>
>>319931967
Strange Journey
>>
>>319932704
Play it if you're already sick of VP1 or VP2, but don't expect the same quality. Pretty much phoned in although there are some cool tough enemies if you never meet your sin quota.
>>
>>319931967
I have a few recommendations
>JRPGs
SMT: Strange Journey
The World Ends with You

>Visual Novels
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
>>
>>319934649
Advance Wars is bad
>>
The Dragon Quest monster games are pretty fun if that's your thing
>>
File: 250px-Shiren_cover.jpg (29 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
250px-Shiren_cover.jpg
29 KB, 250x224
Etrian odyssey series, 3 is probably the most user friendly and polished for the DS.

Strange journey is one of the best jrpg ever created.

Pokemon mistery dungeon is bettero than mainline in my opinion.

Ghost trick has one hell of a good story that drops some twist that'll blow your mind.

999 is also damn good.

If you haven't already played it, get chrono trigger.

Trauma center is a pretty crazy surgeon simulator with magic and monsters.

Hotel dusk and it's sequel are also nice point and click games.

Ninja gaiden might be a bit hard, but is cool.

Final fantasy 4 is a must play if you still haven't.

The world ends with you is fun and has an interesting battle system that becomes super fun if you have a friend, since you can play co op on a single console (or just control both characters by yourself or hope the AI isn't retarded).

Knights in the nightmare is one of my favourite games, too bad you won't get a single thing: if you think thay E.Y.E. is confusing, KITN is absolutely nonsensical. And replaying it just adds more dubts and questions.

Shiren the wanderer (pic related)is a nice rougelike that always has something new to give you every time you die. Is really, really good.

Then you have the dragon quest games.

Lastly, try out Contact. Literally nobody knows about this game. But it is one of the strangest and interesting rpgs I've ever played, give ot a try, you will like it.
>>
>>319936560
>Hotel dusk
Holy fuck, remember when that shit came out? /v/ basically imploded jacking off over it.
>>
>>319931967
Space Invaders Extreme
I prefer the first game, but the sequel is great too.
>>
File: Rune_Factory_US_box_art.jpg (26 KB, 256x230) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Factory_US_box_art.jpg
26 KB, 256x230
The rune factory games for the ds are pretty neat as well. Unless you don't like harvest moon.
>>
>>319936560
I got Shiren for the Wii. Found it a little slow and robotic. Should i keep going.
>>
TO MY SIDE
MY NOBLE EINHERIARS

COME TO ME DARK WARRIORS
BATTLE AWAITS US
>>
super mario 64 ds is nice even if youve already played the original
>>
>>319939975
Never played the wii one, but on ds it was nice to go adventuring and getting better for the next run. Maybe the fact that it was on a portable console was a plus.
>>
>>319940365
you know, i think the gameplay just translates better into 2d. Playing the Wii version feels a little awkward.
>>
>>319936560
Can confirm Contact is good. Haven't played it in years, but I still remember it fondly.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.