[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CS GO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Hey guys, you'll probably hate me, but can anyone suggest some vision assistance for CS GO.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>319927984
stop playing
>>
Close your eyes
>>
try asking the steam forums
>>
get some glasses and stop playing right up close to the fucking monitor
>>
>>319927984
You should see a Dr if you're having eye problems.
>>
On a serious note, its just to piss off some friends in teh 1v1 server we use... no one able to help?
>>
Get good you fucking fag.
>>
most I use is an overlay I use in every game to give me a nice green dot in the center of the screen and turn off the shitty bouncy crosshairs.
>>
>>319928534
this
>>
>>319929132
sure it is
>>
>>319929132
Use r_drawothermodels 2
>>
File: CS takes skill! I swear!.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CS takes skill! I swear!.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>319927984
play a better game
>>
>>319927984
Normally, I detest cheaters, but I wish you luck OP. Anyone who plays this cancerous piece of shit deserves to run into you. Just go to MPGH or something.
>>
>>319931431
You shot while still in the air for jumping, i.e you fucked up your spray pattern right from the beginning. Get good shitty.
>>
>>319931431
>16tick replay to emphasize on missing shots

You do realize valves replay service is extremely incorrect in crosshair position and enemy movement, right? You do realize that's why they don't use overwatch to outright VAC people and instead put them on temporary cooldowns/don't accept video evidence of cheats?
>>
>>319927984
>>>/b/
>>>/trash/
Just leave
>>
>>319927984
cs:go rapes.
1. skilled awp play (awp jittering is badass and a natural intuitive thing to do)
2. recoil patterns, this prevents nooby play by making sure only the most skilled players win
3. Tactical gameplay. it's important to prevent bad gamers to win by outmanuevering opponents so limiting paths to only 3 is important as well as making the spray more random so that the person moving less wins every encounter. This ensures skilled play.
4. DPS gameplay, low damage on grenades makes sure that you have to dps opponents down and players can't use tactical awareness to kill enemies unless they already used a skilled feature like recoil patterns.
>>
>>319931693
>>319931707
Here comes the CSGO lemmings to defend their garbage game with different answers.

Like clockwork.

CS players have got to be the most uneducated bunch of gamers I've ever encountered.
>>
CSGO is for babies
They implemented RNG so people don't get butthurt over being dominated over and over.

CS1.6 or bust.
>>
>>319932218
go play lol you gook
>>
>>319932397
1.6 has RNG spread as well. Matter of fact, 1.6 even has several recoil patterns that are chosen at random vs CSGOs one pattern. If anything, CSGOs skill ceiling is higher than 1.6, but they're still the lowest skill cap FPS games on the market.
>>
>>319932218
They are both the same answer.

The replay system is innacurate; did it not come to you as odd that he began firing while in mid air and the bullets all land where he was aiming?

The player in that webm missing 90% of those shots and it was a luck kill.
>>
>>319932508
What about DotA 2? Or is that off limits because it's another shitty Valve rehash?
>>
>>319932656
Not only are they different answers, but they're both wrong. The player landed all of those shots.
>>
>>319932840
In the replay as was stated. Which incorrectly records visual information because of a number of factors. Stop sipping on the chemicals below your sink and google it.
>>
>>319933006
I know how replays work. Replays are not as inaccurate as you claim they are. What you're trying to do is an extremely drastic attempt to try and defend this garbage game.

I wonder how many gun hats you own.
>>
Counter strike is a skill based competitive shooter. In order to win, you must master advanced tactics and be a smart player. The meta is also ever evolving. With lots of practice, anyone can be good at the game.

Just don't try shooting at the enemy, that shit doesn't work
>>
>>319933917
why does this happen?
>>
>>319934480
valve killed css
>>
if its a private server u host do sv_cheats 1 and r_drawothermodels 2 in console
>>
>>319934480
He started shooting while in the air. Anybody who's not retarded would've stopped spraying before they hit the ground to reset their stance.
>>
>>319935337
counter strike is pretty much everything wrong with gaming.
league of legends is actually better even though that's complete garbage.
the only thing correct about CS is grenade physics.
>>
File: 1433596187422.jpg (35 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1433596187422.jpg
35 KB, 442x341
>>319935678
>grenade physics
>not cancer
>>
every thread it's the same shitposting webms with the same arguments

jesus fuck
>>
>>319935337
The game should at least make your gun recoil to where you are shooting. Standing right in front of someone and shooting them and missing every shoot seems dumb.

Not to mention, crosshairs don't even show how big your spread is. If you are crouched and start firing, even though the crosshairs are small and close to eachother, where the bullets actually end up is way off target.
>>
File: 1427790560475.png (311 KB, 479x376) Image search: [Google]
1427790560475.png
311 KB, 479x376
>>319932598
>If anything, CSGOs skill ceiling is higher than 1.6
>>
>>319938072
explain
>>
>>319937869
>crosshairs don't even show how big your spread is
They do
>>
>>319931431
There is a jump penalty for firing. The game would be an unbalanced piece of trash shit where casuals like you could be good at the game without much thought or effort if it wasn't there.

At least you stopped using the SG/AUG
Maybe you'll climb to LE in a few years.
>>
>>319933917
>OB source
found the 15 year old
>>
>>319938374
Firing full auto is bad, obviously. But if you grab any gun, say the negev, and fire it while crouching, your bullets will go way out of your crosshairs.
>>
>>319938437
>cant aim while jumping
>calling people who can casual

CS players, ladies and gents.
>>
>>319935678
>league of legends is actually better even though that's complete garbage.
This is what you decided would be the magnum opus of your master bait? lmao f a m i'm out of this thread
>>
i am a pro cs player ama
>>
>>319938776
You can do a b-hop, or a cjump into a spray, tap or burst. Neither of which you have done or know how to do. These skill based restrictions are placed so the game would be readily differentiated by skill between people like you and people who are good.

When you play any other video-game it doesn't let you kill the end-game bosses unless you know what you're doing, hence the speedrunner fame.

also this >>319938795
>>
reminder you'll never see gameplay like this in csgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxrk6HVRctU

why have valve made csgo so spammy, ADADADA, and unsatisfying to play? everything about csgo from the movement to the gunplay feels awful. why did valve do it lads?
>>
>>319939073
The awp has a 2% inaccuracy, even when standing completely still. That means the bullet you should of regularly hit has the possibility of flying completely off target and hitting the wall.

You then lose the gunfight, and the awp.

Now tell me, is that a fair mechanic? Does it rely on skill?
>>
>>319934480

because hes a GO shitter that doesn't understand how the AK used to work
>>
>>319939503
>how to spot the guy who has never played the game
>>
File: sniper spread.png (274 KB, 476x435) Image search: [Google]
sniper spread.png
274 KB, 476x435
>>319939759
See this? It shows that the bullets don't go where you point them, even if standing completely still. There is a random number generator that makes your bullet go off target from where you are pointing, and apparently this makes it more skill based?
>>
csgo is the worst diarrhea shit of a faux competitive game ever

ive been waging war on it for a few months now by griefing in competitive. you only get 4 week bans and i can just cycle accounts. it's personal, valve

im global btw like everyone else who plays fps games at all
>>
If you consider it a little bit of RNG raises the skill ceiling, because if you had 100% accuracy you could place your crosshair anywhere on an opponent and score a hit, whereas if RNG is involved you have the best chance of hitting by placing your crosshair direct center of head/torso, rewarding those with the best crosshair placement.

Hard to explain but just because RNG is introduced doesnt mean aim isnt important anymore. If anything good crosshair placement becomes more critical.
>>
File: warden.png (163 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
warden.png
163 KB, 500x280
>>319940863
>if your bullets randomly fly off from where you are pointing them than it's more skill based
>>
My ballsack feels very smooth today.
>>
>>319941031
Did you read my post at all? It just means you get more consistent results for aiming dead center. Think about it anon.
>>
>>319941302
>Arena shooter
>have crosshair on enemy, hit them
>have crosshair not on enemy, miss
>CS
>have crosshair not on enemy, possibly hit
>have crosshair on enemy, possibly hit

Wew lad
e
w

l
a
d
>>
>>319927984
Lefties are cool
>>
>>319941031
Don't bother, you'll always get mental gymnastic responses from the Valve friends who have stockholm syndrome from all the time and money they pour into that game.
>>
>>319941302
that's true, you have to be dead center to guarantee your shots hit, but that does two things:

First, it makes hitting them when you're on target harder

Second: if you're off target (meaning you're not pointing at them) there's a chance of hitting. It is harder to hit for someone trying to hit, but someone who messed up can possibly hit.
>>
>>319941560
Their logic is that random chance makes a game harder. While it's true that it becomes more difficult, it actually lowers the skill ceiling because intentional player input is garbled by an algorithm, not much different than pressing a button on a slot machine and hoping for a positive result.

If they accept that random chance raises the skill ceiling of CSGO, they then too must accept that slot machines have a higher skill ceiling than CSGO could ever have.
>>
>>319941968
>>319941993
Those with better aim get more hits though. It's a fact. That means those with the best aim win firefights. There might be the odd lucky/unlucky shot but a kill doesn't make a game

Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>319943035
>why is this so hard to understand?

Because chance plays a role in winning firefights.

Let's say I shoot before you do with my AWP. And suppose you have literally perfect aim. Now, I shot just directly by you, but not actually on you. In counter strike, there's a probability that I hit you because the bullet randomly flies in differently directions. I kill your first, and you don't fire.

Even though I should have missed, hit nothing, and died, because of a dice roll I win the engagment. Or perhaps I'm shooting at you from a distance and a stray bullet hits you in the head, making you miss.
>>
>>319943035
>>319943405
to reiterate: there's a chance that if I'm not aiming well, I can still hit you, based on RNG. there's no excuse for that
>>
>>319943035
The random spread affects firefight outcome more than any other FPS on the market. This is why CS has the lowest skill ceiling on the market.

Get your RPG mechanics out of this FPS and you'll start to see the skill ceiling rise. Human input is random in itself, we don't need to be putting clamps on the best players artificially. Unless of course you're trying to sell your video game to the widest possible audience which is a great business move. Bravo, Valve.
>>
>>319943405
That's the equivalent of rolling snake-eyes though, metaphorically speaking. The vast majority of the time I'll get the kill in that situation.
>>
>>319943951
> Human input is random in itself.

>[citation needed]
>>
>>319944157
snake eyes happens 1 out of every 36 times. So not too much to cause issues over a night of playing CSGO.

What about when there's a tournament going on will a big prize pool. Two players face each other in a tie breaker. Then, a player gets 'snake eyes' and wins when he should have lost.

Honestly I'd prefer if CSGO had more weapon damage fall off and just visual recoil rather than random spreads, so the bullets stay exactly in the middle of your screen, but you have to compensate with your mouse and the bullets aren't effectively the farther they travel.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.