[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
You know I don't mind the memes and the shitty humor and the forced gay characters at every corner.

What grinds my gears is how there are so many missions where the game just has you listening to NPCs ramble on and on, instead of giving you your objectives and letting the NPCs talk through the radio or something.
>>
Shit variation in locations compared to 2 though.
>>
>>319922662
Yeah, battling through generic moon plains was just so goddamn boring compared to all those places in 2. It's truly a shame that they didn't get more imaginative with the area design, even I could have made up more interesting areas without getting too far from the moon theme.
>>
>listening to Springs' lips smacking every other syllable

I want to punch her in the mouth. Or stick my dick in it.
>>
>>319924068

Its a real shame because I felt it had better characters and skill trees.

Tho BL2 had one of my favorites but Claptrap was a lot of fun to play with friends.
>>
>>319924996

I wasn't too fond of how the progression was changed. One point into tier 3 immediately unlocking tier 4 was neat at first but it killed any sense of variation in builds.
>>
>>319924996
>liking memetrap
>>
>>319924769
I still can't believe Athena and Springs start dating they just don't seem compatible to me in regards to their personalities
>>
>>319924996
I agree the characters in presequel were better, but the locales in BL 2 were better.
The Baroness was probably my favorite character to play, loved when she said "The Bitch is Back" when you got second chance
>>
I thought the PS had their character builds very 'locked down' in what they did, they didn't feel as flexible.
>>
>>319926087

I like how Janey is a rabid sex fiend that even Mad Moxxi is put off by and how Athena cannot comprehend love, yet somehow it just works.
>>
I'm actually going through Tales of the Borderlands right now, and that's actually pretty fun. I kind of hope we get a sequel to that with new characters from Tell Tale and that the stories are actually canon to the universe to some degree
>>
Tales from the Borderlands was surprisingly good and meme free most of the time.
>>
>>319927640
Tales focuses more on the story and the overarching plot so it drags you in better, the meme things are only used for one of jokes and not constantly berated in your ear all the time making them more tolerable and sometimes kind of funny
>>
Am I the only one still curious if Tiny Tina and Janey Springs are related. I mean it could be a good story twist in the future, if the company would stop trying to be meme funny and actually take the story more seriously
>>
File: tales.jpg (91 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
tales.jpg
91 KB, 1024x512
so v/ who was the better protaganist in Tales Fiona or Rhys?
Loader Bot was best bro
>>
>>319928274
Rhys. Playing a beta asshole feels pretty much like my actual life, only in space.
>>
>>319928015

Daily reminder we're stuck with the Aussie cunt now.

Why did they have to kill off Scooter?
>>
File: just cuck my shit up.jpg (40 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
just cuck my shit up.jpg
40 KB, 620x349
Started playing Memelands 2 a few days ago and i'm actually surprised, it's a decent game by itself, some weapons are really fun, locations are great and music is pretty good, tho level scaling is shitty desu.
But really, my question is, who the fuck though Tiny Tina and her dialogue was a good idea? Seriously, i physically cringe every time that little shit says some t3h pengu1n of d00m-tier shit.
>>
>>319928838
I don't know man, Scooter is one of the best characters and should have stayed around forever
>>
In terms of gameplay this and Borderlands 2 are excellent dungeon crawling progression based shooters but holy fuck everything about the writing and plot ruins it. I still have 100+ hours in Borderlands 2 and 50 in Pre Sequel but thats my only gripe as well as unsipable NPC interactions where they freeze your progress which is unjustifiable on a game designed to be replayed three times per four characters. Fucking idiotic.

Fix these and I would love the game
>>
>>319928274
Rhys because Handsome Jack.
>>
>>319922484
>What grinds my gears is how there are so many missions where the game just has you listening to NPCs ramble on and on, instead of giving you your objectives and letting the NPCs talk through the radio or something
Can't you just walk away and they continue to chatter to you over the radio? That's what I remember.
>>319924996
I disagree, I don't like the focus on stacks that started with mechromancer.
>>
>>319928889
she's supposed to represent the memetastic LULz so randumbz group. The funny thing is Tiny Tina is actually beloved by the general audience and honestly toted as one of the best characters behind Handsome Jack and Torgue
>>
>>319929183
no
>>
>>319928274
WHY DID THE DIAMOND HORSE BLEED?!?
>>
>>319928889
>who the fuck though Tiny Tina and her dialogue was a good idea?
burch.
she's ok in the last major DLC at least.
>>
File: spicybussinessboy.png (629 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
spicybussinessboy.png
629 KB, 500x707
>>319928274
Rhys if only because I immediately warmed up to him and was able to connect with the character but had trouble feeling Fiona until the later half of the third episode.
That being said I wasn't put off by Janey and Athena if only because it was interesting seeing them together in Tales From added an extra layer to the relationship during my last playthrough of tps. Borderlands will always a be a series I am reluctant to talk about because much memes but it is an enjoyable pkaythrough with the bf
>>
File: 1394284156115.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1394284156115.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>319926441
Creating orphans with her was also fun
>>
>>319929283
Torque was awesome in his DLC. I wish they kept his character to just that and the guest appearance in Dragon Keep.
Gearbox ruins all their one-trick characters by bringing them back again and again and again.
>>
>>319928274
sasha was cute
>>
File: 1392656685215.gif (3 MB, 308x336) Image search: [Google]
1392656685215.gif
3 MB, 308x336
>>319928838
His VA wrote himself out because he had a stroke. He can barely speak now
>>
>>319929751
>Creating orphans
oh man, that sucks, well at least they retired the character in his honor
>>
>>319929626
I agree, Gearboxes biggest problem is that they find a good one-off or occasional joke and run it into the ground too frequently
>>
>>319929039
VA had a stroke and can't voice act anymore dude at least the character had a proper send off that didn't feel super cheap
>>
>>319929751

Well shit. That changes everything.
>>
>>319922484
So you didn't mind the agendas and memes, but the NPCs' personalities bothered you.

There's a good chance you're fucking reatrded.
>>
>>319930203
>fucking reatrded
indeed.
quality post anon.
>>
>>319930203

The dialog can be muted and the subtitles disabled. You are still required to sit there and wait for them to update your objective.
>>
>>319930023
>Burch's General Knoxx
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.