[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bioware made them use a shitty engine and didn't give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 17
>Bioware made them use a shitty engine and didn't give them support
>Lucasarts didn't give them enough time and told them to cut stuff
>Bethesda made them use a shitty engine and raped the lore
>Sega didn't give them enough time
>SJWs complained and ruined the game

When are you going to stop making excuses for this shitheap of a dev?

Obsidian is the ultimate "ideas guy". Tonnes of notes stashed away in his hard drive for a great game, but never bothered to learn the skills to actually make one.
>>
KOTOR and South Park are the only two good Obsidian games.
Those excuses are true to an extent, Obsidian does get fucked up the ass, but they aren't great game devs in the first place. They only have two or three good games, who cares why their other games aren't that good.
>>
>>319910791
When are you going to stop making this thread? It pops up atleast every 3 or 4 days now.
>>
>SJW's complained and ruined Pillars of Eternity
>By removing a single line from the easter egg non-canonical backer lines in the backer tombstones absolutely no one reads

You're a fucking retard, dude. Straight up.
>>
>>319911185
When people stop defending this shitty company. How do they even function if they can't stick to simple time constraints.
>>
>>319911349
This.

>>319911185
Also this, since Fallout 4 came out I'm seeing daily Obsidian hate threads. Is it salty Bethesda fans who are mad New Vegas was more well received by the fans?
>>
>>319911349
He's not saying he thinks that idiot, he's saying those are common excuses but in actuality obsidian just made shit games
>>
>>319910791
yea, I don't really think that was quite as much of an impact as you think

though maybe if they launch their own crowdfunding platform, release a half-finished alpha product and tell people to mod it if they care
>>
>>319911990
>when my autistic rage subsides and I can find something else to get mad at
>>
>>319912362
>Constantly releasing half finished, buggy games is acceptable
If any other company did this everyone would be furious. Why does Obsidian always get a free pass on this shit?
>>
>>319912607

>Why does Obsidian always get a free pass on this shit?

Because their buggy half-finished games are still more engaging than most finished, polished titles.
>>
>>319912851
This family
I wonder how would look finished Obsidian game, or is it just something that is impossible in all dimensions
>>
File: Iron Knee.png (453 KB, 1211x1255) Image search: [Google]
Iron Knee.png
453 KB, 1211x1255
>>319913121
>that is impossible in all dimensions
It's more than possible when you've got, say, more than 18 months to work with bethesda dragging their feet on their bug testing end.
>>
There's a couple legitimate complaints with something like KotOR 2 where LucasArts wouldn't give them a copy of the first game so when they started working they didn't even know who Revan was. However, Avellone admitted that they were really understaffed and even wasted time on some aspects of the game despite having such a short time to make it. There's a really good article where he talks all about it
>>
File: sadness.png (2 MB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
2 MB, 986x1000
>>319913459
>You will never see finished KOTOR 2
>You will never see KOTOR 3 as single player rpg in full glory.
feels bad
>>
>>319913931
A shame since they kept trying to pitch 3 to LucasArts but it never really went anywhere.
>>
>>319913397
I wonder how many of those scores were "THIS IS NOT FALLOUT 3" or how they are trying to play New Vegas like a shooter and not as an RPG.
>>
>>319913931
>you will never be a cute chosen undead who looks likes she's trying to hold in her poop
>>
SJW made them change one fucking tombstone message that 90% of players dont even read.
>>
>nobody mentions dungeon siege 3
It wasn't particularly memorable but it was the polished Obsidian title
>>
I can see why people complain about bugs with Fallout NV and Kotor 2 even though I think they're great regardless, but Alpha Protocol only had 1 or 2 bugs at best and South park had zero I can recall or heard about. Either did Pillars, NVWN2 or Dungeon Siege 3(the game just sucked). They have made plenty of shit without problems.
>>
>>319910791
Both of these actually happened though. Lucasarts also refused to let them play Kotor 1 before it's official release despite the fact that production on 2 started well before then, so they were going in blind and had to rewrite things.
This also actually happened, also with poor time constraints.

And despite all of this, those games they made were still better than the ones before them. That's why people like them. You can fuck off with this shitty thread now.
>>
>>319913931
>>You will never see KOTOR 3 as single player

I remember being hyped for KOTOR 1 after seeing a Game Informer article about it that also featured some of the first snippets of info about Fable (Project Ego at the time). I remember going to Biowares website every couple of weeks to see updates about companions, races and planets. It was one of the only games that lived up to the hype and more. A year later with KOTOR 2 and it being even better. I was hyped out of my fucking mind with where the series might go from there. I remember constantly putting in KOTOR 3 as a google search in the hopes of info. Only for years later to find out it was going to be a shitty fucking MMO. I even tried to be excited about that. Lied to myself and said maybe it can still be good... There are few tragedies in gaming that loom as large as the loss of a potential KOTOR 3.
>>
File: despair.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>319916661
I see it is not only me with this story
>>
>>319913397
That user score, :)

How does it feel Todd?
>>
>>319917564
He is too busy counting money to notice it.
>>
File: 1446770381040.jpg (62 KB, 833x710) Image search: [Google]
1446770381040.jpg
62 KB, 833x710
>>319917919
You're buying the season pass right Vault Dweller?
>>
File: skyforge.jpg (791 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
skyforge.jpg
791 KB, 1000x800
>>319910791
Obsidian lost four of its most important writers in the last year. Yeah, they're pretty much done as an RPG developer at this point and are quite clearly taking whatever they can get to stay afloat.
>>
File: what.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>319918252
Where did those writers go anon?
>>
File: cavellone (2).png (41 KB, 222x182) Image search: [Google]
cavellone (2).png
41 KB, 222x182
>>319918252
Who did they lose other than Avellone?
>>
>>319918415
Freelancing, mostly.

>>319918521
Chris Avellone, George Ziets, John Gonzales and Kevin Saunders. Travis Stout too, but he was apparently not one of the big ones.
>>
File: panic.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>319918732
All is lost
>>
>>319918252
I think they're just diversifying their portfolio because they did nothing but RPGs for over a decade. It's funny because of kickstarter CRPG revival, though.
>>
>>319910791
The issue with Obsidian is that they don't care about gameplay. The CEO made a statement saying that gameplay is SECONDARY to writing, so they put less time into developing the game rather than writing it. They also can't seem to balance their budget and time at all, if any of their past games are examples.

I mean, the ONE game that was finished and good was SP:SoT and even then that one took what, 5 years to complete? There's a reason why they aren't being called back to do the sequel.
>>
File: 1428595514638.png (39 KB, 149x149) Image search: [Google]
1428595514638.png
39 KB, 149x149
>>319918252
> lost four of its most important writers in the last year
good, now they can focus on more important things in RPGs than writing.
>>
>>319910791
I like how you're blaming every other company but Obsidian.
>>sjws ruined the game
Okay, Trump. Get them muslims and sjws!
>>
>>319910791
Pillars of eternity, although flawed, was the best game i've played for years.
>>
File: DS3_fire sister.png (375 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
DS3_fire sister.png
375 KB, 620x360
>>319919117
Actually, when they worked with their own engine, that being Dungeon Siege 3 and South Park, they showed they CAN make technically proficient games. Of course, scaling them back content-wise also helped in that department.
>>
>>319919342
I've admittedly never played DS3, but the South Park point stands. Even then, with a 5 year dev time they still cut some content out due to time constraints.

I respect Obsidian for making excellent narratives, but they cannot manage money, time, or talent and I will make no excuses for them.

I just hope with this recent restructuring they'll actually get their shit together.
>>
>>319918252
>>319918415
They just went to work as a freelance. They still can work with Obsidian under contract but are open to be hired (as freelance) for other companies as well.
>>
>>319918252
it's because obsidian basically went through financial hell last year and were literally saved by pillars kickstarter doing well. avellone's departure is the only one that really matters because he's also a co-founder of the company and that tells you something.
>>
>>319919117
Having Obsidian develop the SP game seemed a wrong choice to begin with. The biggest asset Obsidian has is it's great writing. The SP game was written by the SP makers themselves. Ubisoft can probably push it out faster and bigger because they simply have more manpower, so maybe that's why they went that way.
>>
>>319919239
I like how you completely missed the point of my post and just honed in one one thing like the goober you are.
>>
I honestly feel like the same people who got pooper-pained at D&D 4e were the ones who got ass-blasted by PoE not playing exactly like shitty AD&D 2e.
>>
>>319912607

>if any other company does this
>every company did that this year

??????

Name one game that was GOTY worthy and came out on release working perfectly as it should, and why is it undertale
>>
>>319910791
Both of these are true, Bethesda was supposed to do Q&A for New Vegas and everyone knows how Bethesda handles Q&A, just look at 3, 4 and New Vegas.
LucasArts wanted KOTOR 2 out for Christmas which meant a lot of cuts.
I do not know shit about the others, I guess it's related to Alpha Protocol and something I have no idea about.
>>
>>319910791
>>Sega didn't give them enough time

Nah. SEGA gave them all the time in the world. For writing and creative freedom, though. Then they held the reigns tight on actual development, In the end unfinished sneaking animation somehow got in the game when a proper animation actually exists.
>>
>>319920503
that is by far the main complain I've seen of PoE.
>>
>>319910791
But I liked the NWNs
But I loved the KOTORs
But I loved New Vegas
>Sega didn't give them enough time
But I liked Alpha Protocol
Eh what game are we talking about here?
>>
>>319920745
Oh shit, meant to quote
>>
>>319920745
Alpha Protocol was their fault. Sega gave them a large budget and told them to go crazy with the writing, but they dragged it out for years so Sega put their foot down and had to set a deadline partway into development.

Alpha Protocol feels like a game released 5 builds too early.
>>
>>319921438
>Alpha Protocol feels like a game released 5 builds too early.
Why? Aside from the ridiculous gameplay imbalance it's not like it had lots of bugs. At least I can't remember any.
>>
Obsidian is just modern Troika.

They make gems. Bugged gems but still classics.
New Vegas was made in a year and half. It's quite an accomplishment.

Bloodlines was the most bugged game you could ever play at release. And a decade later the community around it still thrives.
>>
>>319921712
Troika may make buggy games but Bloodlines was way beyond in its buggyness and it was caused by Valve and Activision fucking them over from both sides.
>>
>>319910791
obsidian is mexican of game development
always thrown to do shit normal devs won't bother to
>>
>>319921558

People are memer's, alpha protocol had next to no bugs in it, had a decent and fun gameplay except the difficult curve was wonky as fuck if you went combat.
>>
>>319921806
I know the story. But it's the same with Obsidian, you can always find a story for the reasons the release had bugs in it.

I think both companies only suffered the consequences of aiming higher. They wanted to put so much stuff in the game and reality/contractual constrants kicks in and you have to make compromises. Devs that don't give a shit simply take an easy route and make derivative, polished but forgotteable games.
>>
>>319921994
>alpha protocol had next to no bugs in it
Then where does this stupid fucking bugged game rep come from? I honestly thought I was just lucky.

>if you went combat
More like, if you went not-pistols. Seriously, chain-shot plus skill timer reset (brilliance?) means you can pretty much rape the game combatwise too.
>>
>>319921558
It's not the bugs, it's shit like how there was literally no balance, the stealth made DE:HR's stealth looks nuanced, and how the animations feel like something an intern made up.
>>
>>319922345

Because any of their popular games had plenty of bugs. Their inhouse games always come out with an unexpected polish to them. Southpark was a bit short, but fun nonetheless. Alpha Protocol was experimental but interesting experiment by them that bombed due to bad marketing/new IP.

I went full james bond when I played it, since I had just got finished playing Blood Money on silent assassin.
>>
>>319922287
You can make excellent games while still remaining realistic in your goals and expectations.

Uncharted 2, TLoU, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc. are all recent games that accomplish this.

For more classic games, stuff like OoT and FFX are excellent.

The problem with Obsidian is outlined here >>319919525
>>
>>319922813
None of those games are really that ambitious though. The Uncharted games and TLoU are corridor shooters with tons of scripted sequences and Bioshock is just watered down System Shock. Mass Effect was nice though I guess. Not sure I'd call it ambitious though. Not that you need to be ambitious to have good games but Obsidian never seems to want to stick to making "good" games that are the same as everything else.
>>
>>319922813
You can make the best game ever made in short span of time with no bugs. Anything is possible. I'm just explaining the process with them and Troika. They don't manage it well but it isn't in a scummy way like Schafner for example. You can see there was care in the process.
>>
>>319910791
Thry had all the tume in the world to make Alpha Protocol, and look how that turned out.
>>
>>319911990
And still
>Kotor 2 > kotor
>NV > 3
>PoE > Dragon Age (series)
>Alpha Protocol > Mass Effect (series)
>>
>>319910791
>Obsidian
Just make my dick hard, why don't you.
>>
>>319915546
To be fair, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 weren't THAT memorable, either.
>>
>>319920965
It may be time to come to grips with the fact you have shitty taste in games.
>>
>>319910791
>When are you going to stop making excuses for this shitheap of a dev?
Until you open your retard hole, i thought you were listing the reasons why Obsidian is fucking great. Even when they get the short end of the stick they manage to do something great.

Also do kill yourself OP-
>>
Just stop Todd, no one cares what about your liar feelings.
>>
>>319923367
I'm not sure what you would define as ambitious, but I wouldn't call any Obsidian game except NV ambitious.

I think it's more accurate to say that they want to cram too much into a game without considering their resources.
>>
>>319920723
Yeah and those companies constantly get shit on, oh but not Obsidian, because they've somehow become /v/'s pet.
>>
>>319923971
>KOTOR2 >>>>>>>> KOTOR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SW:TOR
>NV (DLCs go into a different sorting hat, but 3's ending DLC is below fallout 4.) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~ 4
>PoE >> DA:O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DA2 and DA:I and anything beyond
>Alpha Protocol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All of BioWare's post kotor work

Not to mention
>Dungeon Siege 3 >>> DA2
And DS 3 was pretty bad in quite some aspects.
>>
>>319925110
FO4 is better than FO3.
Things FO4 did right: the look of powered armours.
Things FO3 did right:
>>
>>319925110
>Fallout 3 above 4
That's just wrong in so many levels.
>>
>>319924659
>Star Wars game that totally subverts the saga tropes is not ambitious.

Get out already.
>>
>>319925209
>FO4 is better than FO3
>FO3, while being inferior in every single way to New Vegas or the previous installments (1, 2) in Fallout, also including Van Buren which would have danced miles around FO3, still had somewhat meaningful dialog.
FO3 was still showing signs of an RPG, had Skills, some perks were retarded sure, but it did have some roleplaying involved.

FO4 is an action game with an on-rails plot splotched onto a wall with the idea of "This is the start and the end, make it work" - "It just works." It's not a motto or an indicator of working quality. It's a fucking excuse.

FO4 dialog system is a dumbed down DIALOG WHEEL with no INVESTIGATE, 4 YESes - Sarcastic/Nice/Questioning/DecliningAggressiveYes.
The voice acting is horribly flat and overacted at the same time - i wonder, did they take cues from bioWare?
The paraphrasing is balls to the walls retarded.
There are no skill/perk involving dialog options, just some colored shit.
There are no more than 4 responeses at any given time.

This alone invalidates FO4 as a Fallout game, or an RPG. Have fun being "contrarian".
>>
>mfw bethesda shills trying to do damage control for Fallout 4 being Borderlands with a realistic artstyle
>>
>>319925703
I'd take a mediocre action game over a mindbogglingly terrible RPG.

>contrarian
Funny, coming from somebody who things FO3 is better than FO4.
>>
>>319925786
>REALISTIC
I'm sorry anon, i agree with you to some degree, but overpolished, CGI computer pixelized plastic CLAYMATRONS are not Realistic.

Even borderlands made more sense reality-wise. As ridiculous as it is.
>>
>>319911990
>When are you going to stop making this thread?
>When people stop defending this shitty company.
How about you stop attacking them then?
There are a lot of shitty devs much bigger as well as worse than them and you seem to fail to make threads about those.
Go make the world a better place by seeking more worthy prey, or go back to your cave and shut up.

You waste space that is not in the least precious, yet manage to be the poster of one of the most worthless threads on this board regardless.
>>
>>319925932
I'm saying it's not the comic-like look of Borderlands.
>>
>>319925209
Yeah, the only thing i like about Fallout 4 is that they went back to the old art direction.
>>
>>319925926
I gave a fully fledged explanation how FO4 is a genuinely more shitty game than NV and FO3.
NV is granted, FO3 has to be argued, but FO3, while failing miserably in every regard, was still considerable as an RPG.

FO4 is "fun" as a sandbox shooter shit.

>Fusion cores
>T-60 power armor
>Jet being prewar
>Arguing that contrarian is something backed by factual, cold, hard evidence.
Yes, well... i guess it's time to say: "Eat a dick"?
>>
>>319925985
Oh, i have an easy way to impose that too onto FO4.

Just wear power armor with the head mod that highlights living beings.

It's as bad, if not worse, than borderlands.
>>
>>319925962
>There are literally no threads against other developers
Are you daft or is this your first day here? People always bitch about every fucking dev under the sun, don't pretend like it's any other way redditor.

But in typical fashion when someone speaks out of turn against Obsidian, the defence force is there without fail, making excuses for a company that has never turned out a complete and stable game.
>>
File: 1432926399962.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1432926399962.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>319910791
>>SJWs complained and ruined the game
please don't tell me you equate the removal is some back quote that no one read with "ruining the game"
>>
>>319926118
I really don't get why for some people "RPG" is some kind of indication of quality. "This game is not RPG!", "This game is shit, but AT LEAST it's and RPG"! FO4 is an RPG, so is Skyrim, yes, they're bad and shallow RPGs, but whatever. There's plenty of terrible RPGs, there's more bad and crappy RPGs than good ones, hell, even most "good" RPGs are massively flawed usually. It's just a shitty fucking genre full of crap. RPG should be an insult really. "You game is an RPG", "New Call of Duty is such a fucking RPG".
>>
>>319926457
Found the shill.
>>
It's kind of funny how militant the Obsidiots are in their defence of this company. Any other company with a run of ineptitude like these guys would be a meme on /v/ and used as an example of how not to make games.

Not Obsidian though. There's always an excuse or justification.
>>
>>319926591
lovin the memes

I haven't played FO3 or FO4 anyway. Probably can't even run FO4.
>>
>>319925648
>Deconstructions are ambitious
No.

Also, I missed when Star Wars was just a simple space soap opera fairy tale with good and evil being clearly defined.

I don't like how everyone these days think that KOTOR2 walking around and saying
>This isn't realistic
>This is dumb
>Morality is gray and gray

Is the pinnacle of literature.
>>
>>319926457
>I really don't get why for some people "RPG" is some kind of indication of quality.

It's just neckbeard nerd stupidity. They can't articulate an actual argument so they resort to that.
>>
>>319926457
You don't, because you are not a long-standing fan, or are jaded enough to realize how wrong your standpoint and opinion sounds to someone who's still excited about RPGs.

We were told this is Fallout 4. What is Fallout? A post-apocalyptic roleplaying game based on Wasteland and a boy and his dog, among other things.

roleplaying.

We expect something, make that A.
Shithesda makes postapo-theme-shooter and call it Fallout 4 OH MY GOD NEXT INSTALLMENT HYPE OUTTA HERE, make that fuckyouA.

We, those who like RPGs will naturally refuse to play with the shitpile, or "enjoy" ourselves/"have fun" eating shit because IT'S NOT WHAT IT SHOULD BE.

There were no demoes to try out, the lies were in the millions, Todd'iq out in full force, etc.

It's just blue balls all over, a shit shooter with fun sandbox aspects, but it's not a fallout, it's not what the fans wanted.

The mythical widened audience is just that, mythical. Even a unicorn would say "The difference is i don't believe fallout 4 is an rpg".
>>
>>319926313
Please don't tell me you honed in on that one sentence and read it completely out of context and don't even realize that I was calling out people who made that ridiculous argument, not making it myself.

Because you can't be that retarded.
>>
New Vegas actually was significantly harmed by the time limit and console limitations.

Not enough time to work out all the kinks, not enough time to flesh out the legion, couldn't make the strip bustling with console limitations... It's just a bummer to think about how much of a better game NV could've been without the limitations they had to deal with, there's a lot of love in that game.
>>
>>319926890
>You don't, because you are not a long-standing fan
Fallout 2 was my first RPG actually.
>We were told this is Fallout 4
Yes, and we were told FO3 was "Fallout" 3. If you believe Bethesda after FO3 you deserve everything coming your way.
>>
File: obsidian.png (818 KB, 1188x785) Image search: [Google]
obsidian.png
818 KB, 1188x785
>>319910791
They had good writers (lol the best ones left), and they have good narrative design in their games, that's why we give them a pass. Game-play is not good though, apart from PoE which was decent.
>>
>>319927149
I didn't BUY IT. And i certainly won't after this horseshit.

I was hyped for FO3, and was severely disappointed. I only wanted to play fo4 to summarize how bad it was. And boy, is it explosively shitty. In your face explosive.

>Fallout 2 was my first RPG actually
Then you either don't like RPGs that much, or you didn't enjoy fo2 that much. Or maybe, you are a shill.

but i'll give you the benefit of doubt, just because i like an enticing conversation.
>>
>>319927360
>Then you either don't like RPGs that much
I don't! I enjoyed FO2. I liked New Vegas, too. But overall, I don't really like RPGs that much.

When first news of FO3 emerged, I was kinda hyped. Bethesda, the guys who made Morrowind and Oblivion - I never played those, but some of my friends did and liked them. The screenshots looked okay, too.
>>
>>319925648
they failed to execute, as per usual for obshitian
>>
>>319927631
And it was still leagues more enjoyable than kotor1 or DA:O, DA2, or any of the mass effect series.
>>
There is a reason that Obsidian flopped out of AAA and is now stuck making shit tier Russian MMOs and nostalgia cash-ins.

While closeted neckbeard nerds in shitholes like /v/ and NeoGAF may always have an excuse for them, the market did not.
>>
>>319927743
nope, all of the those games with the exception of DA2 are far better than Kotor2.
>>
>>319928751
>kotor1 better than Kotor2
>MASS EFFECT 2 or 3 better than kotor2
>DRAGON AGE Blandigins better than kotor2

Hobbling wheel.
>>
Despite any obstacle, KotOR, New Vegas, Stick of Truth, and Pillars all range from good-best games. I am still able to play these games because they're fun and well made.
>>
>>319929269
easily
Kotor 2 has shit dialogue, a half baked and pretentious attempt at putting moral philosophy in a game, reused assets, shit dungeons, a lack of humor, lack luster settings, mediocre characters. Massively overrated game by retards who frequent /v/, gaf, and the codex.

Bioware at least knows how to execute
>>
>>319910791

Their catalog still has more memorable games than most AAA companies. Kotor, NV, South Park, PoE, Neverwinter. They're not perfect, but half the reasons that are given as excuses are true.

Main issue is why people are always hellbent on saying Obsidian is shitty when the most they do is release solid games. You realize there's half a million shitty devs out there who fuck up their kickstarter money, or release shit for 5+ years of dev time (Fallout 4). The only anyone would have a hateboner against Obsidian is if they either think the praise is undeserved, in which no one really cares what your shitty opinion is and you should spend your time on the internet better. Or, they're bethdrones who no one also cares about.
>>
File: 1442058753309.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1442058753309.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1000
>>319929987
Maybe you are right(because liking is subjective) but but you point lack of humor like bioware games would have it, which is bullshit.
>>
>>319913121
>this family
Nigga what
>>
>>319929987
Baito-sempai noticed me! Oh no, i just miscarriaged. *gigglesquee*
*Grabs dick, unsheates katana, teleports behind you* B-back the fuck up?! *Grabs throat, Yaranaika* GIDDY UP.

Here, this is the only response you deserve for that shit bait.
>Kotor2 had shit dialog
Kotor2's Sion wiped the floor with BioWare's Kotor1 saturday cartoon villain Malak, among the myriad of things K2 did right.

Kotor2 has very deep force moments with Kreia, you are ever closer to both strangling her, and wanting to listen to her.

>Half-baked and pretentious
That's bastila shan of Kotor1, with the shitty endings, the shitty romance, carth Kaidan 1.0.

>lack of humor
HK-47. T3-M4. G0-T0, Atton, Mira.
>Mediocre characters
Mical is the only mediocre one, and canon female exile took THE FUCKING HANDMAIDEN.

>BioWare at least knows how to execute
>Cut content indicates a lot of things would've gone differently.
Yeah, how the fuck about no?

KOTOR2 with restoration patch is GOTYAY masterful, regular kotor2 still shines and fares better than Kotor1.

>Reusing assets
Given timeframe for Obsidian, using the engine and the assets that were handed to them... It shouldn't come as a surprise.

Granted, Nar shaddaa looks ass, but it should look like ass so it's forgiveable.
>>
>>319926837

If you don't want to be judged as an RPG, don't call yourself an RPG. Not really that hard to fathom. Genres are there for a reason, FO4 is a shitty RPG. A good sandbox? But a shitty RPG.
>>
>>319928387
>Obsidian
>flopped out of AAA
Obsidian have always been jumping from job to job. The current gap is related to they finally making their own IP with Pillars.
They are current in the sheets with Paradox Interactive and we have no idea if there are backstage talks for a new Fallout from them for example. Unless Bethesda release Elder Scrolls right after they finish FO4 DLC's release, they'll need another game before TES VI.
>>
Anyone know of a crack for Kotor 2 that actually works? Only ones I can find crash after character creation
>>
>>319930656
I hate Bitchstila so much.
>>
Obsidian dindu nuffin

Need mo money fo dem Kickstarters
>>
>>319931050
Okay, listen up nig.
First, install 1.0 Crack it, create character.
Prologue/Peragus to Waking up.

Install patches, install no-cd, etc.

Then play.

It's a known thing, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it's due to the shitty engine and the badly coded executable.

Or just pirate the steam version and deny it internet connection, plus get off of steam while playing. Big deal.
>>
File: 1408038775848_0.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1408038775848_0.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>319925962
>Stop pointing out the flaws in my favorite company!!!
>>
>>319910791
>NWN2
Lead director left midway through project for bioware.
>KotOR2
Legit excuse. Lucasart went full cray and was the beginning of the descent of incredible SW games. They didn't tell them to cut stuff, they flat out slashed the deadline.
>FNV
Even the most dedicated of modders can't get through this bullshit.

Everything else is legit.
>>
>>319930656
nice memes

Malak has a lot more dialogue than just the cringe worthy scene on the Star Forge. Kotor 2 has tons of babble given by Kreia which nothing more than drivel. The beggar scene is laughable, people that say it is chaos theory applied to morality are even bigger idiots (perturbations should be small yet give vastly different results). HK -47 is turned into a meme machine in 2, T3-M4 is not funny, Atton has at most a couple of lines. The Handmaiden is way too naive. The restoration patch adds little to Kotor 2 but a shitty factory. The best planet of 2, Nar Shadda, is not much better than Taris of 1. Hell Obshitian even found a way to make Dantooine even more boring. Maybe one day Obsidian will hire someone who knows how to edit their bullshit, though that would require them to have the discretion take contracts longer than 16 months.
>>
>>319926798
Yes it was. No one cares about your manchild feelings.
>>
>>319920965

>>SJWs complained and ruined the game
>Eh what game are we talking about here?

Some user-backed content was a gravestone that poked fun at transgender folk - something along the lines of a poem that had a guy fuck a girl only to find out it was a man then killed himself as a result. Twitter subsequently blew up and Obsidian removed it.

Somehow this "ruins" the game.
>>
>>319931363
>create character
>then play
what do you mean? can you even save right after creating a character?
>>
>>319933551
They didn't even just remove it either. Whether they asked the guy or demanded it was changed they let him put in something else which explicitly was targeted towards the people complaining but apparently insulting them is fine as long as you don't poke fun at trannies.
>>
>>319918732
>>319918252
>Chris Avellone, George Ziets, John Gonzales and Kevin Saunders. Travis Stout too, but he was apparently not one of the big ones.
Damn, knew only about Avellone since he is more known, but i guess nobody was happy with the direction Obsidian was going,
>>
>>319920503
Yep. As someone who actually liked 4e and PoE game mechanics though, I felt like the actual 'Watcher' stuff wasn't implemented as much as it should have been, and that there weren't enough places to make choices.
>>
>>319911349
>absolutely no one reads
Except for triggered niggers who don't even play games.
That's literally what happened.
>>
How would you people feel with Obsidian doing a Fallout New New Jersey?
>>
>>319935762
>Fallout New New Jersey?

Cant be worse than Bethesda doing Boston that is hardly the least bit Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPyMUUfHY6Y
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.