[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he evil, or was he just a pawn of the video game industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Is he evil, or was he just a pawn of the video game industry?
>>
He's a sell-out pawn. So evil.
>>
>>319892972
He didn't mean for this to happen
>>
>you will never be satisfied playing Halo, guzzling dew and buying DLC
>you will aleayse be a pessimistic cunt who hates the vidya
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (210 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
210 KB, 800x581
>his smile and optimism: Gone
>>
>>319892972

He's trying to hold on to what little spirit he has left, what little part of him still has that kid that is amazed by video games.

It's not working, though. He's already turned into too much of a dorito pope.
>>
>>319892972
He tried to get away from publisher sponsored events and was then blindsided by this.

Pretty unfortunate for him and i'm surprised his career didn't end given how toxic gamers are as a whole.

He then goes on to create the VGA's which is a publisher sponsored meaningless soulless event that further proves all award shows are pointless.

I'm going to say he started off good and then became evil. A classic tale with a dorito hat twist.
>>
File: 1410683247599.png (17 KB, 448x474) Image search: [Google]
1410683247599.png
17 KB, 448x474
I think he's funny.
>>
File: KR2ZwCo.png (209 KB, 535x436) Image search: [Google]
KR2ZwCo.png
209 KB, 535x436
>>319893883

>gabe is now an oppressive CEO and keigley is a soulless shill

where did it all go so wrong?
>>
i think he's alright
>>
his eyes are just so empty and cold
its like hes been a whore for so many years it doesnt matter anymore, nothing matters

or hes a psychopath, who knows
>>
>>319892972
>yfw Geoff Keighley is the PC Principal of video games
>>
I like Geoff, because I think he is the only professional person left in video game media. Sure - he sold out one time for that Dorito thing.

BUT.

He's the only person who doesn't shit-talk other people on Twitter; the only person who wasn't involved with the Game Journo Pros scandal; doesn't involve himself with the SJW fervor; and has a respectful manner when dealing with people.

For all the criticism levelled at the man, he's the cleanest, most honest guy in video game shilling.
>>
He seems to be a man who genuinely enjoys vidya, but is dead inside
>>
>>319893883
It's pictures like these that make me wanna go back. Life was fun, and carefree, and new. Look at the innocence in his eyes. What happened? Where did it all go so wrong, not just vidya, but the world?
>>
I cant think of anybody in the games press who would have handled the blowback from the dewritos thing as well as him
>>
Corporate pawn who's kinda pathetic
>>
>>319894653
>>319896362

The internet happened. It's really sad, but think about it. Geoff knew and cared about Valve before they were viral and mainstream, back when they were edgy.

The internet removed any sense of professionalism from the gaming industry, by letting any fuckwit with Unreal Engine or Unity make a game that's only goal is to make youtubers and twitch streamers meme themselves to death. The same goes for game reviews.

Just look at Angry Carlos and the autistic bits that he does during his reviews. There are people who take him seriously as a journalist, but only because the internet enables him to continue his disgusting 'career'

Oh, and Microsoft shilled out the whole industry
>>
I remember when he always used to talk shit about PC with that kike fuck Pachter and making up "facts" as they went on
>>
>>319892972
I get what you're trying to do here. I'll help you out.

He's not a pawn. He's a BISHOP
>>
File: 1409468053429.png (245 KB, 629x403) Image search: [Google]
1409468053429.png
245 KB, 629x403
I think he just plays the industry game while not being proud of it at all.
>>
>>319892972
I feel kinda sorry for him
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.