[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone ever bought these things? what the fuck was nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: DK_Bongos.jpg (16 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
DK_Bongos.jpg
16 KB, 300x247
has anyone ever bought these things?
what the fuck was nintendo smoking back then? this shit and mario dance party, just why?
>>
I didn't buy those because I

NEVER
HAD
TO
KNOCK
ON
WOOD
>>
>>319891654
Remember Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? God, I loved that game, even playing it without the bongos.
>>
I was a huge nintendo shitter back in those days. I have 3 pairs of these damn things in a box somewhere.
>>
>>319891654
Yes. It's still in my closet somewhere.
>>
>>319891654
yeah. i use them to BM in smash tourneys.

i always win.
>>
>>319891654
I bought one from goodwill to try and play smash with but theres no way to move with it.
>>
Jungle beat and ddr Mario mix were fucking awesome you tasteless swine.
>>
>>319892074
well shit
>>
Had Donkey Konga 1&2 and DK Jungle Beat and I really liked them.
>>
I bought them
Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat were fucking fun as shit
>>
>>319892227
DDR Mario Mix was too easy
>>
I bought Jungle Beat and it was a cool fucking game. Never played any other games with this controller but it's certainly a unique one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaoO3Hjtm-U

that fucking elephant tho
>>
can't imagine how much better donkey kong jungle beat would have been if it was designed around normal gamecube controller... what a shame.
>>
>>319891654
Donkey Konga and the bongos were the first things I bought to play with my GameCube. Jungle Beat was the second.

I fucking love them bongos, seriously
>>
>>319892451
The bongos were a great way to play Jungle Beat. Would have been much less fun if it were designed with a regular controller in mind.
>>
>>319892620
ah shit I remember seeing that at best buy. you can actually play a whole game like that? that sounds kinda annoying actually
>>
>>319892705
It really wasn't, they made it work really well
>>
Someone post the smash brother comic
>>
Bongos were the best way to play Jungle Beat.
You could also do some neat shit like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBhJvnERukE
>>
>>319892620
>>319892770
bongos are to blame for the terrible slow swimming and bird sequences. plus playing it today makes my hands sore. with gamecube controller we would have gotten proper DKC sequel earlier. and the combo system would be so much more functional.
>>
>>319892858
Sounds like you were just bad.
>>
>>319892858
>terrible slow swimming and bird sequences
The speed of both depends on how good you are with the bongos. Bird segments were pretty shitty regardless.
>>
>>319891654
I own donkey konga 1 and 2 so yes I own two pairs of bongos. I had fun with them
>>
>>319892338
I was shit so it was fine
>>
>>319891654
I did
>>
>>319892338
it was my first ddr game. it was a good starting point and got me into the series
>>
>>319893326
Literally me
>>
>>319891654
that shit was kinda fun
>>
>>319891654
Jungle Beat was THE SHIT.
But yeah, no more plastic peripherals that only work on one or two games plz.
>>
DON~~~~KEY KONNNNGA....TWO
>>
>>319893940
Peripheral controllers seem to have mostly vanished after the Guitar Hero/Rock Band crazy. Remember back when you used to see racing wheels and flight sticks on department store shelves?
>>
Fuck off, nigger. Donkey Konga was the shit. It also introduced me Devo's "Whip It," and encouraged me to look up their discography.
>>
>>319892074
Fuck

Made me go listen to that song again.

Well played.
>>
>>319891654
DKJB is a masterpiece, seriously.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.