[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have game boy with pokemon >love it >sister wants to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Game_boy_pocket.png (363 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
Game_boy_pocket.png
363 KB, 370x600
>have game boy with pokemon
>love it
>sister wants to play it
>she's too young to really understand it and would probably just fuck it up
>go to dad and try to explain how some games have save files and stuff
>he understands completely
>tells her it's illegal for girls to play game boys

What vidya did your family into?
>>
Buy her a separate pokemon game and give the little girl the gameboy you prick. What kind of a monster are you? When I was little playing my sisters gameboy was the most amazing thing ever. Plus pokemon games cost what, 5$ nowadays?
>>
>>319873394
Honestly this. You can also get a gameboy for pocket change these days.
>>
>>319873394
>>319873470
Sorry. This was when Pokemon Red/Blue just came out. I should have added that this was almost 20 years ago.
>>
>>319873394
>>319873470
I don't know about the system (I assume it's also up in price), but pretty much every Gen of Pokémon games is kinda pricey. Don't know where you're getting your info from. This might change for Gen 1 after the eshoo ports come out.
>>
>Be 9 years old
>Brother has a gameboy with harvest moon
>Doesn't play it all that much but doesn't let me play either
>One time he leaves it in his room
>I get it and start it up
>Have no idea what to do, start a new game and overwrite his save

He was mighty pissed, but fuck him
>>
>>319873552
Oh, very well then. But to answer your question, my family used to buy bootleg Famicom systems and play that. My dad played super mario bros while me and my sister would play pretty much every cartridge we could get our hands on.
>>
>>319872884
You fucking sexist pos
>>
>>319873665
Nigger I bought a second hand gameboy advance SP for 25 bucks and Pokemon Emerald for less than 10 bucks what are you on about.
>>
>>319873753
This. I got hints of triggers and problematic situations.
>>
>>319872884
Good save, bro. You wouldn't want your sibling to turn into a landwhale.
>>
File: 1345671934351.jpg (101 KB, 539x559) Image search: [Google]
1345671934351.jpg
101 KB, 539x559
>>
>>319872884
wow you and your dad are assholes i bet you vote for trump too
>>
>>319874716
>wavebirds
>>
>>319873825
Anecdotes do not count as valid evidence.
Go on eBay right now and you'll see that most Pokemon games, regardless of generation, are $25+.
>>
It took many years for my dad to understand what a single player game was because before that my family would play super mario for nes together.
>>
>>319874867

>waifu 4 lifu
>>
>>319872884
>>tells her it's illegal for girls to play game boys
this is horrible im going to fight your stupid dad
>>
>>319874716
>Gamecube is now old school gaming
When GC came out, everybody went nuts about Rogue Leader because it looked so good.
I even played it without HUD, because it looked like a movie. And this is now considered oldschool?
What is N64 then?
>>
>>319875440
>What is N64 then?
32 bit overclocked to just over 40 so they round up to 64. It's awful. Did you SEE those sprite polygons?
>>
>>319872884
>be at daycare
>for the most part everyone has there own gameboy of some kind but we all swap games all the time
>give a spyro game to my friend to try out
>he keeps pressing a when it starts without paying attention because of the shitload of intros
>fucking creates a new game and overwrites my save
At least he was sorry about it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.