[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there /v/. I love Uncharted very much. I basically love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Hey there /v/.

I love Uncharted very much. I basically love third person cover based shooters, but Uncharted takes the cake with the fast paced and agile gameplay. I've played 2 again and again, but it never gets old.

But now, I'm in college, so the only gaming platform I have here is a laptop.

Can /v/ suggest me an Uncharted-like game, gameplay wise, for PC?
>>
>>319870345

Tomb raider
>>
Is it the gameplay you love, or the settings and treasure-hunting plotlines?
>>
Kane and Lynch games are about two bad-ass old criminals. Solid cover-based shooters.

The newer Tomb Raider games are also similar to Uncharted.
>>
>>319870482
A bit of both.

>>319870567
I'll check them out.
>>
>>319870395
The reboot? Played it.
>>
>>319870345

try binary domian, not really too like uncharted but I liked uncharted and I like binary domain.

its got neat gimmicks.
>>
>>319871307

Played it. Fucking loved it.

I waited for Steam to put it on sale but I couldn't wait anymore, so I pirated it.

Finished it in 3-4 days. And the day after that, it was listed on Steam sale, 80% off. Goddamnit Steam.
>>
>>319870482
>>319871141
>>319870395

I should also add that the mix between exploration, cover-based shooting and the melee fighting that made Uncharted stick for me.

Crystal Dynamics made TR with the same formula (climbing, melee, firearms), but it all just feels a bit less solid. I still liked it though.
>>
>>319870345
>I love Uncharted very much.
How?

And yes, I read the rest.
>>
>>319871564
Why didn't you buy it then?
>>
>>319871882

I dunno honestly, anon.

One day it was just "I just watched a certain Nic Cage movie and is now into treasure hunting, seeing that i just bought a PS3, what are some treasure hunting games for it?"

And suddenly Uncharted Dual Pack came into my life. When I stopped liking treasure hunting I kept playing for the gameplay and graphics (it was the shit at the time)
>>
>>319871882
How can you not? It's basically Indiana Jones.
>>
>>319872050

I dunno, man.

Now I feel bad.
>>
>>319872129

Holy shit, I never noticed this.

Fancy traps, ancient temples, mystical stuff, something akin to nazis

not to mention the wisecracks
>>
>>319872129
It's pretty retarded and ridiculous.
Also very repetitive.

imo it's pretty much the most overrated game(s) on the PS3.
>>
>>319872087
>>319872652
Are you from fucking leddit?
Because you sure as hell sound like on of those cancerkids.
>>
>>319872813
Along with the last of us

My ps4 was filling with dust so I bought the digital collection. Couldnt even finish the first game.

I've heard number 2 is better so maybe one day...
>>
>>319872870

Not leddit, but definitely newfag.

Lurked 4chin for keks from you faggots but rarely posts.
>>
>>319873001
For some reason I finished Uncharted 2, probably because it's quite pretty, but the gameplay is standard and the OH NO I AM NEARLY FALLING TO MY DEATH crap gets old after one hour, but you have to endure it for the rest of the game.
>>
>>319870345
>fast and agile gameplay
>in a cover based shooter
How?
>>
>>319873158

I

uh

you have a point there anon

I dunno, maybe it's because I can jump from cover to cover and swap weapons while rolling. melee combat adds to it. It just has a way to make you feel like a badass. Maybe other anons won't agree with me, but it does feel that way to me. Naughty Dog combines its animations so you can do lots of stuff simultaneously. You can reload while rolling or jumping, melee right after jumped down on some dudes.

I don't fucking know, it just does a good job of making me think it's great.

>inb4 bullshitting
>>
>>319870345
not cover based

but Max Payne 1 it's third person
>>
>>319873487
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>319873426
Check out Lost Planet 1 and 2. It's not cover based but it still a 3rd person shooter.
>>
>>319873680

I've heard lots of good things about LP, but aren't they online-multiplayer only? I wanted to get into them but my internet is nigh shitty. Even if my connection is ok, is the community still active?
>>
>>319873857
>is the community still active?

ahahaha

Both have a solo campaign, but LP2 campaign is more geared toward co-op.
You won't be able to play the online pvp because there's nobody.

But the campaign of both games are pretty funs. I wish more third person shooter were like that.
>>
>>319874141

Thanks anon.

Can't believe I avoided a great series just because i thought it was multiplayer only baka desu senpai
>>
>>319874303
Just don't play the third. Or if you do, think of it as a completly different serie.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.