[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be starting work on a full-fledged ROMhack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Ocarina of Time.jpg (48 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time.jpg
48 KB, 640x439
I'm going to be starting work on a full-fledged ROMhack of Ocarina of Time soon. I intend to completely alter the game so that there will be a new story, new locations, new sidequests, new dungeons and (maybe) new enemies and bosses.
The hack will not be finished for a long time, at least for a year, maybe more. But right now I'd like to hear /v/'s suggestions, so I have a direction to work toward. Is there anything specific you want to see in the game?
>>
More dinosaurs
>>
>>319856482
It'll be easier to just make your own game fag.
>>
So you literally need an ideas guy?
>>
Dinosaurs. Specifically flying ones.
>>
>>319856482
Triforce quest. Boss rush. More/harder side quests that lead to heart pieces, maybe mini dungeons in holes ala Wind Waker.
>>
>>319856482

4K resolution and VR compatibility
>>
>>319856482
More memes please. And it should have a female protagonist and more political correct enemies. Its not fair that the Gerudo are brown!
>>
File: BEANS.png (343 KB, 794x938) Image search: [Google]
BEANS.png
343 KB, 794x938
Replace the entire Goron tribe with bean sellers.

Welcome to Bean Mountain bitch.
>>
>>319856482
hey hey hey how about right a whole town full of tingles?
or how about you are tingle questing to make maps
>>
You're not going to finish. Screenshot this so you can 'prove me wrong' once it releases, but you've told people to early in the project. Contrary to your intuition: The less you tell people about your goals the more likely you are to succeed.

The more you wait to discuss your plans (the further you are in them to before you discuss them) the more likely you are to succeed/ surpass the peaks of difficulty).
>>
>>319856737
I'm going to agree with this guy, Lizalfos and Dinolfos are fun to fight.
>>
>>319857069
>Big Bean seller Sword
>>
>>319856482
Why not a romhack of majoras mask?
>>
>>319856482
make sex scenes
????
profit
>>
>>319857447
The hacking scene for MM is next to nonexistent, OoT has hacking tools already made for it and it seems like a simpler place to start anyway.
>>
>>319856482
Why romhack? I'd say just do this >>319856816 because only a minority of people will ever see your romhack.
>>
>>319856482
Maybe make Link transgender and make his adventure an inner quest for acceptance #sodeep #undertale #lgbt #transissues
>>
If you are serious about this OP, there is nothing I want more than OoT with actual difficulty progression and a balls hard end game.

>new story, new locations, new sidequests, new dungeons and (maybe) new enemies and bosses.

Most of this stuff will be way more difficult, especially compared to spawning actors and modifying hit effects.
>>
Make all text be borrrowed from LoZ. For example "Pay me for the door repairs" "digdogger dislikes smoke" "it's dangerous to go alone, take this" etc
>>
>>319856482
Hey OP are you still here? As someone who's in the OoT hacking scene, aim lower than a full romhack. You'll never finish without insane dedication.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.