[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was better, Prototype or Infamous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: prototypevsinfamous_characters.jpg (27 KB, 418x287) Image search: [Google]
prototypevsinfamous_characters.jpg
27 KB, 418x287
Which was better, Prototype or Infamous?
>>
>>319843085
Prototype imo.
Could do way more with your powers, the game embraced how stupid it was with camp (popped collars, grimdank protag, etc), and I remember a lot of stuff in it blowing my mind on release. Infamous just didn't really blow my mind the way Prototype did. Didn't feel as fun/whacky/crazy.
>>
>>319843085
both were boring after a few hours to be honest family
>>
Infamous should have been released on Windows if you want me to make a good comparison.

Prototype wins for now.
>>
>>319843085
Infamous, there is no doubt
>>
Prototype was more fun to play than Infamous 1. 2 made some strides but it still wasn't as smooth.

Storywise they're both pretty good and can really come down to preference. Infamous 2 was superb, though. Heard Prototype 2 sucked, never played it.
>>
>>319843474
Prototype 1 vs Infamous 1?

Easily Prototype

But any of the two Prototypes vs Infamous 2?

Infamous all the way to First Light
>>
Infamous 1 & 2 were good, Prototype and Second Son were okay, Prototype 2 was bad.
>>
>>319843085
Prototype > Infamous
Prototype 2 > Infamous 2
Infamous: Second Son > Shut down studio
>>
>>319845601
>Prototype 2 > Infamous 2

This is so wrong that it hurts
>>
>>319843085
>>319843085
I loved prototype because it seemed a lot more dark than infamous seemed more like a bro game
>>
File: 1435797306576.jpg (140 KB, 420x360) Image search: [Google]
1435797306576.jpg
140 KB, 420x360
Prototype 1 > Infamous 1
Infamous 2 > Prototype 2
>>
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwQLw6hfig
>>
Probably the one thats still around...
>>
Prototype
>>
>>319843085
Activision has a history know for ripping off ideas, then rushing them and making terrible games
Rock Band > Guitar Hero
Infamous > Both Prototypes
>>
Prototype > Infamous

Infamous 2 >Prototype 2
>>
Did Prototype 2 really suck or was everyone still ass ravaged it was a black guy as the protag?
>>
Prototype was fun for the gameplay, but that's it. The story was retard shit.

Infamous was also pretty fun, if less outright exhilirating, but I enjoyed the feeling of being a superhero.

I think I enjoyed InFamous more, in the end.
>>
>>319845846
This is so objectively wrong. Guitar hero shit all over rock band in terms of guitar playing. Sure rock band did the whole band/party thing but the solo gameplay wasn't nearly as fine tuned
>>
Infamous was the better of the two if just from a writing stand point.
>>
>>319845846
>Rock Band > Guitar Hero
But Guitar Hero came out first and was created by the developer that made Rock Band
>>
>>319845869
/thread everyone go to bed.
>>
>>319845991
Yes
>>
>>319845991
The biggest problem is they fucked up the movement because almost everything you do makes you lose all momentum

Although black guy sucked as a character besides his white hot burning hatred for computers and it ruined the original game's character, not that anyone cares that much about him.
>>
>>319845991
I had fun with it I never understood why people didn't like it as much.
>>
in prototype you could jump kick a plane.so i let you decided which one is better
>>
>>319845752
Basically this
>>
>>319843085
I dunno, despite commonly being compared to each other they were pretty different.

I think I liked Infamous more because lightning powers are cooler. But Prototype's powers are more fun. Prototype is also the game that made me appreciate the "hero loses his powers for a few missions" segment that I always used to dread. When it happened in Prototype I almost dropped the game entirely, but I kept playing and boy howdy, I loved it. It really made you see the value in stealth, and when you get your powers back and the game hands you both the sword AND the armor? It felt like cumming after holding it in for hours, it was amazing.

About as amazing as being an evil prick and using the ray sphere again, getting that black lightning and a permanent damage boost was satisfying as fuck. I also liked how people reacted to you depending on your karma. If you were good people would take pictures and cheer you on, if you were bad people would throw shit at you and try to actively make you fuck up when fighting enemies. It was great.

So I think both games are great, and I think both of their direct sequels were also pretty damn good. You should play them all.
>>
File: Librom.jpg (576 KB, 926x411) Image search: [Google]
Librom.jpg
576 KB, 926x411
>>319845991

The gameplay was fun, the new dnd trait system worked well, all in all it was a really good game.

People never really hated heller because he was black or angry all the time, they just hated the retarded story that was shitting all over prototype 1, and the best part is that you had to read some dumbass comic novel to understand why Alex went full albert wesker.

There was other things too, like black watch going full retard "lets kill civilians for fun".
>>
>>319843085
prototype
>>
>>319843085
I preferred Prototype. Armor mode was GOAT
>>
>>319845991
The whole rage over the protag being black was just false flaggers. But they were greatly helped by the protag being a shitty character regardless of his skin color, the story being shit, Mercer being ruined because even though he ate tons of people and absorbed all their memories all it took was one woman to swipe his wallet for him to think all of humanity needs to be wiped out, and over 55 pre-order DLCs.
>>
>>319846671
They fucked over the gameplay too. A game that re-uses that many animations should not be fucking removing moves, especially not traversal options and fun moves like the PATSY. There was also constant slomoand ebin camera angle changes that made the game nauseating to play. There was a shitload of weird, unpolished things like story critical consume animations not working properly and having the guy's entire body sort of flop its way into Heller's chest.
And on top of that, the story was goddamned retarded.
>>
>>319843085
Was just playing Prototype. Dull as fuck. Not that Infamous is much better.
>>
Prototype 1> Infamous 1
Having bloody shit thrown at you until you die > Prototype 2
>>
>>319843085
Prototype was the cooler game but infamous ended up being the better series
>>
>>319843085
Lol, aren't they like the same game?
>>
>>319845991
The problem wasn't that he was black he was just a shitty character.

Game was fun though.
>>
File: 1449673145785.jpg (164 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449673145785.jpg
164 KB, 714x1000
>>319846925
>over 55 pre-order DLCs.

Fucking hell did they went full jew with dlc, and everthing was just shit that you should earn by playing the game, and not by being jewed for shekels.

Ah well, the series is dead and we will never see a prototype on the ps4, even the resmaster were pure shit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.