[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold, the best game of the 2010s so far.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art.jpg (26 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art.jpg
26 KB, 250x315
Behold, the best game of the 2010s so far.
>>
i will never be able to understand how they fucked up this game so badly
>>
>>319840260
>this game is 5 years old
shit
>>
Sorry but that title has been claimed by the perfection that is Fallout 4.
>>
>>319840260
That's not bioshock infinite tho anon.
Literally everyone wanted a game set in rapture before hell breaks loose and instead we get some shitty 2deep4u story about dimension jumping
>>
>>319840260
>Of the 2010s
This is some new level of shitposting.

At least it was fun...
>>
>>319840549
Shitty city, shitty soundtrack, listening to people who loved the humor/zaniness in SR2 and deciding it basically needed to be a slapstick open world Adult Swim game instead of a mix of goofy shit and shlocky crime movie stuff.

SR4 is a fun game but shouldn't be called Saints Row. SR2 is still the best.
>>
>>319841529
3/4 is essentially an alternate timeline to the plotline formed in 1 and 2.
Like, a really WAY out there alternate timeline.

Damnit, now I want to reply Destroy All Humans.
>>
>>319841935
>Saints Row 2-4 never happened
>It was all a coma dream from the yacht explosion
>>
>>319842202
>a retcon on that scale
>full series revival that brings about a series of serious game with tidbits of funny and good that actually rises to and rivals GTA
I would cry.
>>
>>319840260
Saint's Row 2 was Volition's last good game in general, after saints 3 and after they lost my respect
>>
>>319842784
If only the PC port wasn't way too fucked
>>
SR3 and 4 were fun and thats the most important thing to me.
>>
>>319842895
Same here anon, but I had my fun with Saint's Row 2, about 400 hours to be exact. on xbox 360 tho.
>>
>>319843004
Fun is always an important factor, but if I've learned anything from my delving into arbitrary conceptualizations and the collection of events into the formation of the mental purview of a person,
a game is most important if it has an impact on the person. A prime, albeit depressing example is Undertale. I hated that game and the way people continue flinging shit at each other over it. But the game itself was an experience, and a good one no less, despite the awful gameplay, story, and duration. In my eyes, it's a must-play for anyone who sees the world through two eyes, rather than through a pair of eyes, to refer to something ancient.
>>
>>319843004
They became challengeless so fast that beating them is a chore. At least SR4 did. And the world was too sterile to be entertained from just fucking around.
>>
>>319840549
They thought that people bought 2 for the humor, and didn't realize that for humor to shine, it needs the appropriate environment.

A significant source of actually funny things in 2 is contrast, that contrast is missing in 3 onwards.
>>
>>319841529
>a slapstick open world Adult Swim game

You know what's funny? The Adult Swim radio station was one of the few things I actually liked, so that just tells me they not only departed from what made the series great, they also completely missed their intended mark.
>>
SR5 will be pretty fucking insane. I heard that are going to have penis guns. So feminazis, SJWs, and ISIS will be enemies of the game. Feminazis will be the endgame boss who is trying to ruin the whole world.
>>
File: Tragedy and Comedy.jpg (141 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy and Comedy.jpg
141 KB, 1200x600
Wwwww
>>
>>319843943
>SR3 mask isn't Mardi Gras themed with the feathers replaced with dildos.
I guess it's close enough.
>>
>>319842357
One of the endings of GOoH having God retcon the Saints universe and the Saints are now cops.
>>
>>319843004
3 wasn't fun
>>
>>319843639
>A significant source of actually funny things in 2 is contrast, that contrast is missing in 3 onwards.
Precisely this. In the cake that is the first two Saints Row games, the action is the icing and the humor is the sprinkles. For three and beyond, they said fuck the batter and just made a "cake" with nothing but icing and spinkles.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.