[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The problem with smash is that it has too many characters, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: sm4sh roster.jpg (120 KB, 1260x422) Image search: [Google]
sm4sh roster.jpg
120 KB, 1260x422
The problem with smash is that it has too many characters, it becomes a clusterfuck. there's also many reps for a series, FE having 5 ect. pic related shows what could be an appropiate roster for the game.
Luigi is in there because smash fucking BROTHERS.
>>
The new KoF will reportedly have 50 characters at launch
>>
Forgot Wario senpai
>>
>no bad guys
Boring
>>
>>319813457
>more characters is bad in a game that give no fucks about balance
>"clusterfuck" is somehow bad in "clusterfuck of vidya series - the game"
nah
>>
There's nothing wrong with having loads of characters, but the problem is that some are just straight horrible in comparison to others.
>>
>>319813457
Smash has too many characters for a standard fighting game.

Thing is Smash isn't a standard fighting game; it's a crossover mashup where the whole point is that peoples favourite characters from wildly different franchises can be pitted against each other. The less characters that appeal to a wide audience, the fewer people will play it.
>>
>>319813457
>Smash has too many characters

What the fucking fuck is wrong with you holy shit nigger. Take some fucking toothpaste and rub it in your fucking eyes you kuck loving donut hole punching faggot.
>>
>>319813457
>tfw your two mains are both in
marth and cap
>>
File: 1435644593898.jpg (52 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1435644593898.jpg
52 KB, 480x480
>>319813457

The bigger problem is that there hasn't been any improvement besides "moar stuff" since melee
>>
>>319814713
Which wouldn't even be too bad if they hadn't removed shit as well
>>
>it becomes a clusterfuck
>in a game that has a max of 4-8 characters on screen
>>
>>319813457
>stripping out content
>a good thing
yeah no go fuck yourself OP
>>
>>319814850
I mean the character selection screen.
I hate when there's so much shit to choose from you don't even know what to pick.
>>
>>319815016
You may as well considering balance means making most of the characters play the same.
>>
>>319815016
>The next Mario Kart should include all 48 courses from MK8, in addition to the standard 16 new courses, other wise, it is stripping out content.
>>
"Appropiate roster"
>all that forgettable shit like wii fit, shulk, G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt and Pit
>not actually iconic characters like Bowser, Wario or another pokemon
Yeah no.
>>
>>319815181
Balance in terms of fighting games dosen't necessarily mean making everyone play the same its just taking the cast and giving the them the tools to achieve there goal

I.E
>Make zelda dins autocancel on ground and no longer put her in a fast fall state. Increase the hitbox and make them non-clankable.
>Give falco his fucking laser game
>increase G&W's grab box

Etc

Right now some characters just don't have the tools.
>>
You can just say that Luigi's Mansion is its own series like Yoshi and DK. If Captain Toad got a new game, can that also count as one?
>>
>>319816382
yes it could, same with Wario actually
>>
>>319815017
Then pick random, you dodo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.