[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bioshock Infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Elizabeth Infinite.png (481 KB, 993x689) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth Infinite.png
481 KB, 993x689
Is it really that bad?
I've read all the spoilers already.
>>
It's really short and cheap to buy, go play it. Fun setting, fun story, gunplay sucks and bulletsponge enemies. It's fine, just not worthy of the praise it got.
>>
>>319796514
Or, to put it another way, if Bioshock Infinite was released like Wolfenstein:TNO wihout the hype or crazy reviews then it would be "le gem". They're pretty similar games in a lot of ways.
>>
>>319795469
Why is your steam in japanese.
>>
>>319795469
>Buys game
>Asks if the game is worth buying after buying it

???
>>
File: 1389761371323.png (57 KB, 893x406) Image search: [Google]
1389761371323.png
57 KB, 893x406
Its fun to play, but to praise it as an amazing and absolutely stellar piece of video game is just stupidity.

Its a giant set piece of a game that had its core stripped out in favor of appealing to the most people.
>>
it's pretty great, not sure why /v/ acts like it's the worst game ever made.
>>
>>319797396
>had its core stripped out in favor of appealing to the most people.
Ehh, it was clearly in development hell and they stripped it back to ship the damn thing. Most of the ideas are still in there, but they're half-baked and unsatisfying.
>>
>>319795469
It's a fun/ok game, worse Bioshock though, plot is pretentious as fuck and is full of holes, ending is 15 minutes of Kevin Levine masturbating to his own crap.
Worth a shot if you get it cheap, the DLC is surprisingly good.
>>
>>319795469
I got the game for free and still felt cheated...
>>
>>319797796
I thought the DLC ruined the original bioshock or at least the story.
>>
>>319795469
It's by no means bad. Some people think it did not live up to its hype.
>>
>>319797796
I thought the plot was goofy fun and probably the best thing about it. The game mechanics are boring.
>>
>>319798071
That said, I did get the feeling it was supposed to be more pretentious than it was, when it ended up feeling pulpy, with a fucking ghost and the patriots.
>>
>>319795469
็ณžใงใ™ใ€‚
>>
>>319797341
I need to color my game experience with other people's opinions. It's too difficult to form my own opinion from analysis, so it's easier to take someone else saying "This game is shit" and filtering all of my own experience through that lens.
>>
It's not terrible. I did enjoy parts of it but that's probably only because I made it a game to get a headshot every time I could. Pretty bland game though.
>>
>>319797109
he's a japan-man
>>
>>319796779
Wolf is better in every way.
>>319795469
Story is the only thing worth the time. It doesn't make a lick of sense but its fun.

Everything else kinda sucks, the gameplay got rid of what made Bioshock 2 good and somehow it retains some elements that don't make any sense in this kind of game.

Imagine a halo in which you upgraded guns you never know you if you will have ammo for and instead of picking medkits lying around you have to tediously scavenge for shit.

Make sure to play it as a walking simulator on easy. I regret having beat it on hard
>>
>>319799465
I played it on 1999 mode with a 360 controller and the shit wasn't even hard.
>>
>>319795469
>Is it really that bad?
It's good, please ignore autists with shit taste that want ever game to have dark souls combat
>>
>>319799657
The problem is that as you turn up the difficulty it just becomes more tedious and shows how shallow it is.

It could be a challenge, but not really an interesting one. More of an endurance test or anything as you constantly wait for your shields to recharge.

That is why I recommend skipping the game part altogether by playing on easy and just have fun wrecking guys with whatever
>>
>>319799986
Never really found it tedious but cool
>>
>>319795469
A forgettable short story along with some really bad gameplay. Designs and characters are really good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.