[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuclear Throne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: header[1].jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
54 KB, 460x215
It's been officially out for like a week now.
How are you guys enjoying the canonical sequel to Hotline Miami 2?

Which is the best
>Character
>Weapon
>Area
>Boss
>Mutation
>>
What is the point of Eyes/Plant/Frog? Shield dude seems better in like 90% of situations, with explosive corpse guy only being bad because the explosions cover your vision so badly half the time.
>>
>>319791634
Eyes is actually p good with melee
>>
>>319791510
Weird I thought this game was out years ago meh must have been in early access for quite some time.
>>
>>319791634
>Eyes
Melee builds. Get the Melee Range Up perk and use M2 to suck enemies towards you, then slam them.
>Plant
One of my least favorite characters (not because it sucks, but because it's less interesting than the rest), but I guess it's good for explosives/bolt builds. Snare is good at preventing rushing enemies (rats, yetis/wolves etc) as well as keeping things in place.
>Frog
Haven't unlocked it, but it's a secret character anyway.
>>
>>319791510
Just bought this game yesterday and i'm enjoying it but im still pretty bad at it. Haven't made it to area 5 yet.
I've been digging Fish for the roll and Plant for the snare but haven't tried any more chars than that.
any tips for a newb?
>>
>>319794193
Just keep playing until you can get to 5-3 consistently. Lil' Hunter is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome for new players but you quickly learn his quirks.

Standard twin-stick shooter/bullet hell rules apply: never stand completely still and aim in the general direction of enemies while you do your best to avoid damage.

Also, grenade launchers and explosives seem scary at first, but they are some of the most potent weapons in the game. Learn to love them.
>>
>>319791510
30 fps means no buy
>>
>>319791510
Being unworthy of the life you've been mistakenly given is NOT a positive trait to have.
>>
>>319794694
thanks man! and yeah i've been loving combining grenade launcher with a melee or shotgun. really fun stuff
>>
How do mutations work in this game? Do you unlock more with characters? Are there some that are level dependant?
>>
Anyone grab the vita port?
How does it play?
>>
>>319796583
four roll randomly with each level- 'throne butt' are specific to each character, and I believe theres an end game mutation but I haven't gotten that far yet
also 'patience' will re roll the 4 mutations and let you pick them on your next portal
>>
>>319796583
You don't unlock a larger pool of mutations (if you're thinking of something like unlocking items in Binding of Isaac), all mutations in the game are available from the start and are shared between all characters, bar the character-specific ultra mutations for reaching max level.

The only things you unlock are characters, character B-skins, crowns and golden weapons.
>>
>>319791634
Plants thronebutt is godtier
>>
Yung venuz is the best.
>>
>unlocked Robot's B skin by eating a Hyper weapon
Sweet.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.