[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinions of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: fallout-4-logo.jpg (72 KB, 1397x708) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-logo.jpg
72 KB, 1397x708
Give me your honest opinions of this game
>>
File: bait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
honest opinion...
implying that apparently the 1234789432576 threads about fallout 4 opinions have all been jokes slash lies slash shut the fuck up, OP
>>
>>319789226
>>
>>319789642
>>319790343
ignoring these fuccbois

It's fun
>>
>>319789226
Interesting premise fucked up by Bethesda's handling of it.
>>
>>319789226
game of the year to be honest
>>
I would recommend it.
Bad things are that they have butchered the rpg elements, it's now an open world post apocalyptic action game. Doing quests and dungeons like that can become pretty boring.

But they did some cool new things too, like the upgraded gun handling, sweet power armor, base building and legendary items.
>>
It's fun, but the dialog and roleplaying elements are ruined

Also the settlement building is shit
>>
I am really enjoying it, even though the settlement building is kind of shit. The final chapters for each faction are great, really diverse. The exploration and dialogue are a lot better than the previous games, and the mods that are already out add a lot to the gameplay.

The radiant quests are pretty annoying, but I suppose they do add quite a bit to the storyline, and the RPG elements leave a lot to be desired, but still a major improvement, I think.
>>
>>319789226
terrible fallout game but it will be an amazing gundam simulator when the modding tools are released
>>
Pretty sure Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the Fallout series and just half asses the game to milk starving easily-amused fans of the franchise.
>>
>>319789226
great shooter game. shit rpg
>>
It isn't goty or anything. Fun? Sure, it is aight. Expect a lot of bugs though.

Shooting is good, RPGing aint.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-25 12-48-29-509.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-25 12-48-29-509.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
Fun but wasted potential. Hopefully we get another spinoff by another dev like we did with New Vegas. Also no more fucking dialogue wheel.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, I think we can all agree that it's a pretty great game with a couple of really annoying flaws.
>>
It finally put me off open world gaming. Can only do so many pointless "goto <place>, kill everyone inside, and recover the quest objective" quests.

Fuck open world, gimme well crafted linear.
>>
File: 1420220298608.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1420220298608.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>319789226
Crafting shit is fine

Settlement building feels mediocre, as if it's
only %30 done

Quests are meh

Graphics are meh

Power armors are great imo, powerful but requires fuel and a bit clunky too(which they should be)

Gunplay is finally acceptable(kinda)

Map is the lowest point of the entire series. Not too many places to explore plus map size is shit(which I wouldn't give a fuck if it was full of shit to explore)

Songs are great but holy fuck there are a few annoying as fuck songs

The radio is just... PURE HERESY. Fucking autistic faggot scaredy dj is literally made to help self-insertion of redditors

For some unknown reason i didnt see too many SJW shit, which to be honest i expected a lot.

dialogue system is horrific. I dont care about the one word options, they can be fixed but holy shit there are not enough dialogue options, and when you say something and want to say the other unrelated thing, the dialogue just ends.

>mfw fallout 4
>>
>>319789226
Why couldn't the combat zone be a functional business? Instead we got a raider camp. Fucking bullshit.
>>
It's great if you have the ability to shut off all logic in your brain and basically enter sleepmode while playing.
>>
Gameplay is fun.

Dialogue, pacing, and RPG elements have gone to shit.
>>
>>319793085
>The radio is just... PURE HERESY. Fucking autistic faggot scaredy dj is literally made to help self-insertion of redditors

There's a quest to make him better. Pretty fun one too. Talk to Bobrov in the Dugout inn.
>>
>>319789226
Legendary drops? Dumb. Only 3 or so qualities are any good. Would've been better with more mods and ammo types.

Story? Shits itself.

World? Fails because the story shits itself.

Dialogue? Shits itself because of obvious directions that Bethesda didn't foresee or decided to forego in order to railroad the plot. The game is linear as shit.
>>
If the game had proper dialog it'd have been as good as New Vegas.
Try proving me wrong.
>>
the single biggest problem it has is not giving much experience for kills or lockpicking or other activities, which means you are forced to do quests or exploit idiot savant if you want to play at a high player/world level

which is especially dumb in light of the fact that you can gain multiple levels at most settlements by spamming wood floors and then scrapping them

the second problem is that they still didn't fix difficulty on any level. It's arbitrarily dangerous at low levels and keeps getting easier, assuming your build isn't retarded

companions are a pure downgrade in your performance. They step on mines, block shots, and aggro enemies. It's weird that you get a perk for skipping companions, given that skipping them is already an advantage
>>
>>319789226
Shit game, disappointment of the century. Every quest is scripted, you have no choice and the game is not a rpg, bugs, shit graphics, shit dialogues, shit gameplay, etc. I will give Fallout 4 a 2/10 atmost.

Don't listen to these Bethdrones saying this game is ok, it is not. Go play a superior game like Witcher 3 instead.
>>
>>319789226
Power Armour Cool Perks Comics

Recommend
>>
>>319789226
I just finished Institutionalized and it completely killed my interest in this game's story.

I'm not quite sure why, it's exactly the same as the part in New Vegas where your personal story ends and you have to choose a side in the larger conflict, but now I don't feel like I have any personal stake in this fight whatsoever.

It might have something to do with the fact that Father gives no real explanation as to what the Institute is doing, and I can't confront him with the whole body-snatching thing or at the very least tell him to fuck off in a satisfying way.

I dunno, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, if Institutionalized killed my interest in the story then Hunter/Hunted killed my interest in story missions. Goddamn, what a waste. That was basically the mission with Kelogg all over again.
>>
>>319792704
>that fucking skeleton
I just finished that quest too, wierd.
>>
>>319793571
>all the quest are scripted

Never go full on supertard
>>
non-engaging story. a lot of glitches.the better outfits can't be expanded on or have armor. you don't really have any choices for an rpg. and I can't stop playing it, it's fun.
>>
File: 3423884264.gif (254 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
3423884264.gif
254 KB, 200x200
It's fun, almost a direct upgrade over Fallout 3. But it lacks the depth that makes Fallout 1, 2, and even New Vegas memorable.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first playthrough, and will enjoy a second or third to try other routes. But I doubt it will have the same replay value as the previous games.

All an all it's pretty good, but if you're looking for something that's more rewarding as an RPG you're better off with The Witcher 3.
>>
I ran around in the open world for about 45 hours on a few different characters, for the last two weeks I keep looking it at in my Steam library, opening it and then immediately closing the launcher

It isn't great, I definitely got 1000% more replayability out of New Vegas because it actually had different builds and lots of weapon tiers and attachments and ammo types and stuff to collect. I just can't get anywhere near as immersed in FO4
>>
>>319794097
They are tho. You have no choice at all in quests. Every quest leads to the same conclusion like a scripted quest.
>>
Great game, it's rpg mechanics are piss poor bit exploring is great.
>>
File: 1449815521601.gif (1 MB, 508x583) Image search: [Google]
1449815521601.gif
1 MB, 508x583
The "master of all" modern Elder Scrolls style leveling system makes your first playthrough 100x more enjoyable, but makes all subsequent playthroughs 100x less rewarding.
>>
I got close to 90 hours in so I got my moneys worth, but ultimately it had no lasting impression. The story was hot garbage, the character interactions didnt really hit hard enough. Settlements were good inbetween quests, but ultimately there was nothing to do after you completed majority of the side quests. I dont wanna fucking help the Minutemen every 20 seconds and so that leaves wandering. Idk, might just be me but it was a good initial impression that fizzled out fast from lack of depth.
>>
File: 1441042525095.jpg (12 KB, 255x210) Image search: [Google]
1441042525095.jpg
12 KB, 255x210
>>319794621
Hahahahaha
Is this negro gentleman for real?
>>
>>319794621

>Devil's Due
>Pickman's Gift
>Secret of Cabot House

Three of the last five quests I did, and none of them were scripted to a single conclusion...
>>
my honest opinion is i don't like bethesda games so even though i've never played it i expect i wouldn't enjoy it.
>>
One dimensional factions
Horrible perk system
Poor difficulty scaling on every setting
Crafting/upgrades are very limited
Settlement building seems rushed and unfinished
Settlement raids are scarce and boring
Losing all of your settlers in an area halts cap production temporarily. Not that you'd notice since there's nothing to buy and the income is passive
Medicine and character buffs are everywhere
Every area ends with one buffed enemy and a green box of random shit
Only a couple of truly unique items in the game
Can't put armor on top of full-body clothes
No actual Charisma checks that matter (HATE DIALOGUE)
Unkillable NPCs everywhere
Can do pretty much any build on a single character
Possibly Bethesda's buggiest game yet
Power armor is OP as fuck and there's no enemies in the game that punish you for wearing it
Maybe three areas in the game that are genuinely interesting that still can't hold a candle to Wild Wasteland

Mods fix a lot of things, but the game itself is pretty lackluster.
>>
I had a lot of fun for the first 50 hours. The next 20 I had moderate amounts of fun. I completed it before I got really bored which I feel would happen soon.
>>
>>319789226
it's not an RPG. It's an absolute disgrace to the Fallout series.
>>
>>319789226
It's unoptimized shitperformance wise
I can run GTA5, which looks way better than this game and requires way less of my gpu.
Not to mention the enormous amount of random bugs.
And the lack of player influence is shitty too, it might aswell just have been the ending to ME3 all over again.
>>
>brag about fixing the shooting mechanics
>its actually fixed
>the faggot in charge of the gun "art" direction is pure shit
>pipe pistols everywhere in pre war chests
>"modding" guns like they're enchanted in skyrim
>no ammo reloading mechanic
>fuckin faggot 3d modeler insists on making bolt guns leftie.
>>
>>319796348

>pipe pistols everywhere in pre war chests

They had pipe pistols in pre-war. Read the fucking terminals.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.