[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dota 2 > lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: dota 2 map.png (2 MB, 961x925) Image search: [Google]
dota 2 map.png
2 MB, 961x925
dota 2 > lol
>>
>>319780861
is this the map maker?
>>
if it means that much to you, sure
>>
>>319780861
The fuck is that.
>>
Have dota 2 custom games taken off at all or has it just fizzled out?

I just want WC3 back.
>>
>people literally play the same one map for thousands of hours
>any attempt at variety dies due to lack of demand
Great """genre""" you got there.
>>
>>319782253

Thanks.
>>
>>319782253
You clearly have not played Warcraft 3 during it's gold age.
Way more nostalgia from that time than from vanilla wow.
>>
>>319782065
There are a lot of custom maps but frankly most of them are quite shit at this point. Not nearly enough different models and varieties in the editor. WC3 didn't have that many different landscapes but they were definitely very versatile.
>>
>>319782553
>there was a thread the other day with webms of a gamemode that turned dota2 into smite
>>
>>319782065
The editor suffers from the same problems the SC2 one has sans Battle.net 2.0.
>>
>>319781814
>>319781939
Creator of Dota's next custom map but no one liked it and Dota was blowing up in popularity so he stopped working on it.
>>
>>319782759
Yeah and that custom map is absolute dogshit, changing the camera angle doesn't make it Smite as the game wasn't designed from the ground up with third person action in mind.
>>
>>319782759
It's called Slayers of the Ancients in case anyone is wondering
>>
>>319783049
not arguing about the qualityof that mod. But smite hardly takes advantage of the camera angle, and is only really different because of more polish and content
>>
>>319783418
>and is only really different because of more polish and content
Yeah which is pretty much my original point. Most custom maps are shit right now but that might change in the future after they are polished more
>>
File: 150129.jpg (40 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
150129.jpg
40 KB, 256x256
>>319780861
I think the Touhou Dots map is way better than the normal dota map.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.