[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never played a Borderlands game before. >tried the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Tales-from-the-Borderlands.jpg (75 KB, 491x428) Image search: [Google]
Tales-from-the-Borderlands.jpg
75 KB, 491x428
>never played a Borderlands game before.
>tried the first episode of pic related for free
>liked it a loat
>bought all the episodes
>loved the fuck out of them until the end
I thought TellTales lost their touch, but guess I was wrong. Didn't take a look at the TftB threads when it was still fresh, so I wonder what was /v/'s general opinion on it.
Also TellTales thread I guess?
>>
Better story/writing then the main Borderlands games. For example characters that actually seem like developed characters instead of "Hey I'm super gay! Let's revolve my entire character around that alone!" Also one of Telltales best works.
>>
File: c.jpg (35 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
35 KB, 600x320
Anthony Burch
>>
>>319773957

TFTB is incredible. The last episode suffered due to the game's aging engine though, the fight scenes lagged like hell toward the end. I'm a huge fan of the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, too. Hope Wolf Among Us gets another season.

Walking Dead S1 > TFTB > Wolf Among Us > Walking Dead S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Game of Thrones

I haven't played the Minecraft one but it looks terrible.
>>
>>319773957
Yeah, I got this for seven bucks last week and it really crushed my expectations. I can't believe that this is from the same company as that shit game of thrones game. Wolf is stylish too. Walking Dead one has some great moments but two has very few.
>>
>>319773957
>just bought the collection
>got is ok so far, scratches my got itch
>havent touched borderlands

do i need to know anything about borderlands to enjoy this
>>
>>319774417
>For example characters that actually seem like developed characters instead of "Hey I'm super gay! Let's revolve my entire character around that alone!"
Handsome Jack?
>>
>>319774620
Yeah I'm with you with most of that but I would rank the wolf among us over the walking dead and leave that in second place.
What was so bad about game of thrones? is anyone excited for the batman game? It COULD be good.
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (57 KB, 529x561) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
57 KB, 529x561
fuck this game
it didn't let me kiss Sasha
>>
>>319775036
It helps to have at least played the first game with regards to some characters and understanding the world, but you should be fine even if you haven't.
>>
>>319775189
i've played the first one but i dont know shit about bl2 except that jack is a bad guy(?)
>>
>>319773957
Honestly if you like walking simulators where you can rp as a real life faggot then the borderlands series should be right up your alley
>>
>>319775036
OP here, just like I said I didn't played any of the other games, and even though I certainly missed some callbacks I still understood what was going on.
>>
>>319775260
Jack is a megalomaniac and asshole with good intentions. He plays a significant role in the story, but you don't need to have played BL2 to understand his character, really.
>>
>>319775370
oh, neat.
>>
>>319775152

The Batman game definitely has potential to be amazing. The problem with Game of Thrones is that it's boring. You play as a family that are EXTREMELY similar to the Starks from the books/show, except the characters are all just lifeless. The story provides no drama, no hook, no humour. I just thought it was uninteresting as hell.
>>
>>319775471

Stop it. He's a Saturday morning cartoon villain. He has no good intentions, he's just an asshole with delusions of being a good guy.
>>
>>319775528
That's what happens when you can't have some creative liberties with a franchise.
>>
Anyone else only play The Wolf Among Us when they are alone and able to get drunk? The atmosphere of that game with it's constant alcohol and cigarettes makes for a perfect game to get tipsy to. Nothing like drinking some rum and coke and playing WAU. So relaxing.
>>
The only TT game where choosing the assholish dialogues feels great.
>>
Who was your end game team? Athena/Athena's gf/Atlas Scientist here
>>
>>319776337
that's not the Wolf Among Us
>>
>>319776492
Athena, Zer0, August
only badasses in my team... well maybe except August
>>
File: 1440067099200.png (66 KB, 603x524) Image search: [Google]
1440067099200.png
66 KB, 603x524
>>319774519
minimal involvement
>>
>>319776637
I wanted Zer0 but I wanted Fiona to stay as a conartist so I couldn't recruit him...
>>
>>319776768
of course... thats why those guards mention mysogny
>>
File: episode-8-see-you-space-cowboy.jpg (86 KB, 1133x876) Image search: [Google]
episode-8-see-you-space-cowboy.jpg
86 KB, 1133x876
>>
>>319776768
Of course, the two scenes that revolve around "hey, look how gay and progressive the future is" are written by Burch. Burch, a guy with such repressed anger at being cockblocked by black dudes that he purposely kills off Roland and replaces his role/class with a bi-sexual white dude.
>>
Loved the 'hand' gun battle in episode 4. Didnt like the ending tho.
>>
>>319774519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZ-q6S5hpU
>>
>>319777389
Axton being bi was actually just because of a technical error.
>>
>>319777346
>he didn't choose "catch a ride"
>>
Is it possible to save Scooter?
>>
>>319773957
yeah this is easily the best telltale game. it also makes me angry how life is strange is rated higher than this by many people
>>
>>319773957
WHY WAS THE HORSE BLEEDING
>>
>>319777980
no, but u should do his wish
>>
>>319777707
Yeah Axton's dialogue bugged out and has him refer to both female and male's as something (I think it was sexy, or some shit that implies attraction). Instead of fixing the bug, and being like: "oh lol, that was weird", Gearbox ran with it and patted themselves on the back for their progressive attitude.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
File: ysg.gif (3 MB, 211x194) Image search: [Google]
ysg.gif
3 MB, 211x194
the fucking openings man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MsP-87pACY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGqW68-Mo2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UGFQiqJ0UI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNaPCIxCmWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U38x6ghBHc
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.