[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, can you build your settlement out of materials that aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
So, can you build your settlement out of materials that aren't dilapidated pieces of rusted shit?
>>
No that ruins the immersion. All the craftspeople in the fallout world collect or create their materials, and then age it so it looks like rotting out wood and rusted metal. It's like an architectural style.
>>
It will be among first mods.
>>
File: 1449356437970.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449356437970.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>>319765715

couldn't build a raider rapekit.

big disappointment.
>>
Does building a ton of shit change anything in the long run? Or does it not have any effect on the game world whatsoever?
>>
>>319766504
It just a micromanaging type game in the game itself. Honestly the only real benefits are cap flow from stores and having peeps to man your arty if you go minutemen route.

>tldr: helps with game play and is optional
>>
>>319765715

I've never understood the Fallout world. Blacksmithing is easy as shit and can turn shitty, rusty steel in to anything you can imagine. Why are people still slapping together slabs of rust and calling it a day? Are people in the post apocalypse really this retarded?
>>
>>319767067
B-but muh post-apocalyptic world.
>>
>>319765715
yes, there are already a lot of mods for this.
>>
>>319767248

I'd love to see a world where people are making swords and spears from the remains of old buildings and cars. It would really add some contrast. Instead all we get is shit and rust.
>>
>>319767440
You actually expect Bethesda to do this?
>See that mountain? You can climb it.
>>
>>319767440
Spears are impossible to implement due to engine limitations
>>
>>319767067
In Bethesda's Fallouts, yes. In the originals no. NV suffered because it had to use Bethesda's engine and assets for the most part.
>>
>>319767684

If only. In the hands of a developer with an ounce of imagination Fallout could have turned in to something amazing. In Fallout 2 people were moving out of the survival phase and back towards civilization. In Fallout 3 they abandoned all that and went full retard. In Bethesda's Fallout they are still living on broken dreams and yesterday's scraps.

>>319767789
I hate you.
>>
What's the point of building settlements anyways?

Haven't played the game too much, so I'd like to know if I should give a fuck about building them..
>>
>>319768048

Should have just made the games a few years after the bombs, would have made more sense with what they wanted to do.
>>
File: horizon-zero-dawn-4[1].jpg (887 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
horizon-zero-dawn-4[1].jpg
887 KB, 1920x1080
>>319767440
Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be what you'd like to see, in a way

Although it's rather post-post-apocalyptic
>>
>>319766860
What is too long about two sentences?
>>
>>319768191
Or an alternative timeline or something.
>>
>>319768191
Supposedly the Fallout 3 world was designed to be just a few years after the bombs and this was changed during development, but I've only heard that on /v/ so believe it or not if you want.
>>
>>319768165

More people to work the fields as excess food and water can be used in crafting, can make areas to sell off loot quick, get mortar coverage over the entire map, the stores produce some caps slowly as well.
>>
>>319768318
I have a very short atte
>>
>>319768421
Hate stuff like this in games and I doubt I'll even give it a try.

But it's a good thing that they included something like this in the game, I guess they followed the modding community of New Vegas/Fallout3 which is neat.
>>
>>319766504
if you want to have the minutelads fight the institute you have to have a lot
>>
>>319767067
Bethesda is really this retarded.

They want Fallout to be post apocalyptic so fucking bad. People in Bethesda's world don't have any problems literally living in the same ramshackle house as a couple skeletons that must have undoubtedly rotten while they were in the process of decaying.

In my opinion it's the single biggest flaw in their iteration of the fallout games, it's not realistic and breaks immersion every single time. Yes, I'm willing to believe monstrous mutation and advanced AI over basic human nature changing like that for all denizens of the fallout world.

Humans in general have always valued cleanliness, it's not something new that just came along because we're living in the 21st century.
>>
>>319768631
X HATE SETTLEMENTS
>>
>>319768165
>>319766504
Free exp. Place to store all your power armors. Free shit. More stores to sell your shit to.
>>
>>319768048
The thing is that Bethesda's style of Fallout would be fine if it was a relatively short time after the bombs dropped. Like 10-20 years at most or something. But they insist on the time line always having to move forward. This coupled with their inability to not fuck up the existing lore with their ideas just makes for a shitty Fallout. And now they don't even really seem to be trying with the RPG side of it anymore.

If they really want the style of setting they are currently doing, in the same time frame they insist on using, it would be best if they did a gold rush style thing. Where some previously heavily irradiated area has just cooled down after all those years, and now people are rushing in to claim whatever. The stuff there would already be all mutated. The people coming in wouldn't have had time to build up yet. Contention over these suddenly new resources would make sense.

But instead it is 'muh vault dweller' and everyone is retarded and lazy for some reason.

>>319768191
This anon gets it.
>>
>>319768631
Didn't the housebuilding start in some Skyrim DLC?
>>
Why the fuck do I have to use vertibird grenades when I'm a fucking sentinel? I should have my own damn vertibird to dispense with as I please.

Why the fuck does the jetpack have to be so fucking shit aswell? Fucking fusion core AP bullshit.

I want to be able to cross the map quickly without using fast travel. I want to be able to jetpack onto tall buildings.
>>
>>319768769
>it's not realistic and breaks immersion every single time

Quiet fool! Are you trying to attract Pete "Fuck you nerd I'm Bethesda PR" Hines?
>>
>>319768821
>Where some previously [Tribals everyhwere] area has just cooled down after all those years, and now people are rushing in to claim whatever
This was New Vegas basically, right?
>>
>>319768903
Officially, I guess.

They had mods in Fallout3 and New Vegas for settling and all that crap.
>>
>>319768769

Yeah man it always breaks it for me that I go into a bar with a bartender and lights and seats and stuff that's clearly been running for several decades and there is still junk and scrap lying all over the fucking floor.

I mean you're setting up a bar the first thing you're gonna do is clean the place up. Make some paint for the walls, patch up the holes, sweep and polish the floors.

These lazy retards live in their own filth for hundreds of years? Bullshit.
>>
>>319766504
tons of stuff
>>319766860
wrong
hidden endgame vendors are behind 90+% happiness meter large settlement
you can build mortars and rain down artillery anywhere near your settlements
you can become a water merchant
minutemen patrol near your settlements you can use flare gun to call for back up
>>
>>319769126
or you know, its the fucking apocalypse and you arent going to be worried about how clean your floor is when people are getting butchered and murdered in 100 yards in every direction

people like you are just fucking retarded, you'll accept laser guns rockets, nuclear powered cars, zombies, but you won't accept the shit not being clean.

its a fucking war zone and a huge central hub location
>>
>>319769365
No, no I don't believe that. It's not been a hotbed warzone for 200 years, people have come and gone and >>319769126 is 100%, absolutely right. I refuse to believe some bitch opened up a bar in the same place as a rotting skeleton but couldn't be bothered to move the skeleton out. It's completely ludicrous, Peter, pass that along to Todd if you can.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?
>>
>>319769365
WHAT IS DIAMOND CITY?
WHAT IS UPPER STANDS?
WHAT IS GOODNEIGHBOR?
>>
>>319769365

This excuse will never work.

People are setting up cities and luxury establishments. People would clean a little some times.
>>
>>319766406
Can't wait for the rapemods
>>
>>319769582

I should also point out keeping your living areas clean is even more important is survival situations where getting sick or injured is fatal than compared to the modern world.

Tripping on some trash or having rats in your house is a nuisance in the current first world, in a survival situation they can both be fatal very quickly.
>>
>>319769535
>retarded pleb cant into basic premise of games
>calls devs retarded
>Cant comprehend the fact nobody is going to sit around cleaning the floor in a post apocalypse
>hasnt seen a post apocalypse movie in his entire life
>comes on /v/ to shitpost bethesda like a good little RPG codex/ NMA drone
>WAH WAH IM GOING TO PARROT THAT ARTICLE THAT JUST WAS RELEASED BECAUSE IT MADE SO MUCH SENSE BECAUSE IM ANGRILY VENTING MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH A GAME I HAVENT ACTUALLY READ 1 LINE OF TEXT OR HEARD ONE LINE OF DIALOG FROM
>WAH WAH ! TODD!!! WAAAAAAAH!!!11
kill yourself you incompetent nigger
you cant even coherently cry about a game youve never played youre just fucking regurgitating that stupid click bait article you read 5 minutes ago, like the cancerous little shit you are
>>
>>31976936 people don't leave the dead to rot to fucking bones where they eat and sleep, conflict or not you fucking savage.
>>
>>319766504
>build lots of generators near large bodies of water
>build lots of water purifiers
>collect purified water from workbench
>??????
>PROFIT
But really, I stuffed sanctuary and Nordhagen Beach with that and I receive about 200 purified water each day, could get more with more settlements but that is not even necessary anymore
>>
File: Furries.jpg (408 KB, 1067x836) Image search: [Google]
Furries.jpg
408 KB, 1067x836
>>319765715
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/

Adds institute building parts, some of that good shi :^)
>>
>>319767067
In Fallout 1 and 2 people were building adobe houses and tried to live in relatively clean environments. Since Vegas was relatively untouched by nukes most houses look acceptable so it's understandable that they would live in old houses.

In Fallout 3 and 4 people live in shacks 200 years after the bombs dropped
>>
>>319769074
Yes and no. Vegas should have been more built up than it was given the time frame. But they at least painted the picture of that being the intent once the whole Legion/NCR thing was worked out.

I'd be thinking more like The Glow in F1 finally losing enough rads to be habitable. And every protag and his dogmeat rushing in to stake a claim. Or some sort of NCR funded rebuilding effort where they are sending out settlers into some uncharted territory that was previously inaccessible.
>>
>>319769827
I haven't read any article related to the game you doofus. Well, except for a review or two, I do admit that. Nothing recent though.

You're strawmanning so hard it's not even funny, you're really terrible at this, you know?
>>
>>319767067
Maybe if you're making pig iron, but the Bessemer Process is going to be out of your reach in the wasteland. There is a salvagable mill in the wasteland though, with whatever the fallout world's equivalent to an electric arc furnace is, but it's got a pack of raiders squatting on it.
>>
>>319769827
>>Cant comprehend the fact nobody is going to sit around cleaning the floor in a post apocalypse
But of course they would, eventually
>>
>>319769174
>hidden vendors
really? never heard of that one
>mortars
I just said that but you need people to man them hence its important to build
>Water merchant
another albeit more hands on way of cap flow
>Minutemen patrol
Meh I know you can call them but I personally just call the brotherhood if I need backup. The patrol is sorta nice

Mostly the only good is the mortars
>tfw you can drop bombs in virtually any part of the wastes
Also does placing more make the bombardment wave longer or just more of them? Ive been getting mixed messages of yea and nay.
>>
>>319769582
You ever seen Bombay?
>>
>>319769365

>laser guns rockets, nuclear powered cars, zombies, but you won't accept the shit not being clean.

Perhaps in this world of space magic they could invent a robot that could clean things up for you, man the store when you're asleep or out and do lots of other random tedious tasks. Maybe they could also have security guards since it's a central hub location so that it's not a constant warzone and people could afford to spend a few minutes to clean all the shit off of their floors and literal skeletons out of the places they expect people to pay to eat and drink.
>>
>>319770528
See I would imagine that would be the sort of shit the adults would get the children to do so they aren't trying to go wander out into the wasteland out of curiosity and what not.
>>
File: 1449584517855.png (145 KB, 1149x472) Image search: [Google]
1449584517855.png
145 KB, 1149x472
>>319770639
yee
>>
>>319770781
People that poo in loo*
>>
>>319769365

I swear this is just one guy sitting around in in own filth all day wondering why the rest of the world cleans.
>>
>>319768769
>Humans in general have always valued cleanliness
Well I just finished watching a history thing on how before the 19th century people in London just wallowed in their own filth and literally ate shit, so I'm inclined to disagree.
>>
>>319771132
No he is just the head of Bethesda PR.
>>
>>319769174
>water merchant
You mean Jet dealer.
>>
>>319771591
This. Even before the 20th century, home cleanliness wasn't as big of a thing. It took until the 19th century for cities to start building real sewers, and people still weren't washing their house much until the 20's and later when home cleansers started to take off.
>>
>>319770876
I have Ann Hargraves and Vault tech rep at Sanctuary but Vault tech rep won't work at the vendor i set up.
>>
>>319765715
>just a wall of planks hammered to two poles
>make a new wall
>holes everywhere, planks hammered crocked

how fucking hard is it to make a straight wall, jesus
fuck you bethseda

also i got an idea for a mod, when geck hits i wanna try to fix every settlement with broken houses and terrain, so you can spend resources to rebuild and finally upgrade your settlement without the need for using this shitty building system

it will have 4 levels
the one you find the are ain
the fixed up
the upgraded
and final fully furnished and upgraded with defense system in place

but ofc bethsda taking their sweet time to release the sdk ...
>>
>>319772067
Check your eurocentrism. He said humanity in general not just disgusting white people 200 years ago.
>>
>build a new toilet
>its broken
Toooooodddddddd
>>
>>319770528
Honestly, what else would they do. Once the basics of food water and shelter have been established you'd have a lot of time to kill, especially with no tv, internet, cars, or infrastructure around. Probably clean out of sheer boredom if not basic hygiene.
>>
>>319771591
>>319772067
You are both incorrect. True they threw their shit out into the streets but keeping the inside of the house reasonably clean has been a priority throughout history. Filth leads to diseases and vermin, both of which kill. 19th century Londoners knew that. Medieval peasants knew that. Romans knew that, Persians, Egyptians, Sumerians - Neanderthals probably figured it out at some point.
>>
how do you even survive the winter in those shitty shacks
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.