[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we turn fighting games into a proper esport and stop the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (739 KB, 1280x863) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
739 KB, 1280x863
How do we turn fighting games into a proper esport and stop the genre from dying?
>>
I will tell you in 2 minutes
>>
File: 女天狗.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
女天狗.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>>319762912
Add lewd girls.
>>
>>319762912
SFV will bring in a whole slew of new tournament players and will massively increase turnout.

This will push out the entrenched douchebags in the FGC that can't stop themselves from cursing like sailors on the mic and generally being chimpy niggers, and as they get forced to the sidelines fighting game tournaments will become more palatable to advertisers.

We don't have to do anything, anon, it's already being taken care of.
>>
you don't want to be "proper" esports because "proper" esports is too sterile to the point where it's just not about the community anymore

fighting games have been proper esports before esports was even a thing
>>
>>319767176
I want Street Fighter to be proper E-sports because proper E-sports actually make their players money and build an industry and jobs around the game.

FGC is just a bunch of apes on a mic
>>
So is Xrd worth getting into? It just released on Steam a few days ago and has online play. Does it have a consistent, active community?
>>
>wanting the patrician competitive genre to stoop to meme-sport status
Fighting games are fine where they are, there's no need to open the cancer floodgates.
>>
>>319767371
yeah an industry with jobs for people who already have jobs and money, it's great isn't it, having a "pro" scene ruled entirely by sponsors and executives and team owners

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>319768795
>I don't want more job opportunities for the people around me because I don't think I can get any of them
Typical nigger
>>
>>319768526
Hahaha, god no.

It's incredibly pretty and the way they made 3D models look like sprites is incredible, but the game itself is mediocre at best and the online community is pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>319762912
play and or watch more
>>
By joining the local FG scene.
>>
>>319767371
>wanting your favorite game to be like LoL

You really don't want that, anon.
>>
I don't understand why this idiot is complaining about Street Fighter when that game is doing pretty good competitively.

if you think SF commentary is rough nowdays you're just a snowflake desu
>>
>>319769409
But I do. As an amiable and attractive white male with enough skill to compete and commentate as well as experience in sales, pre-sales, and marketing I can easily get a job in the industry that springs up around it.

Even if that weren't the case, more players and more sponsors means a bigger pot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.