[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has this year been the most frustrating year in triple-A videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: nicki2.jpg (18 KB, 236x297) Image search: [Google]
nicki2.jpg
18 KB, 236x297
has this year been the most frustrating year in triple-A videogames?

-phantom pain is unfinished and badly written with no charisma or interesting ideas to make up for it

-bloodborne is light on content, the build variety just isn't there and chalice dungeons are unpleasant

-just cause 3 is inexplicably terrible with technical issues abound

-witcher 3 was downgraded, it has shoddy combat and it falls apart towards the end

-battlefront is so shallow and lacking in substance that it's already dying

-fallout 4 is so vapid the only amusement most have extracted from it comes from the minecraft settlement builder thing

-silent hills cancelled

sigh.... if this year was this bad with names like this, what's next year going to be like?
>>
File: 1376770415938.gif (2 MB, 350x194) Image search: [Google]
1376770415938.gif
2 MB, 350x194
well japan only has Hidetaka Miyazaki left, he might give us a better soul and new game in the future

or the polish can bring something new with cyberpunk, but has of right now, it not looking good.

sorry op
>>
>>319762685
it was always like that, you shit eaters were just younger.
>>
>>319762685
>phantom pain
>from zero to omega
zero nukes and you will get to camp omega , maybe the game is finished and is a ruse by kojima
>>
>playing AAA games

You deserve it
>>
>>319764151
indie games are almost never liberating and polished, it's one or the other

I don't want to play dwarf fortress and I don't want to play soma
>>
>>319763658
no it wasn't
>>
>>319764289

There is a massive ground between AAA and indie though.
>>
>>319764729
not really

there's shit like styx and then a lot of strategy games
>>
>>319765087

A "AAA" game is a game with tens of millions of dollars into developing it and even more money spent hyping and marketing it.

If you ask a dudebro about a upcoming game and he has actually heard of it, that is a AAA game.

Atlus games arent AAA games and they certainly arent indie games.
>>
>>319762685
>haven't played any of these except BB and PT (if that even counts)

Bloodborne's main story is lighter than DkS, but there is a lot of great optional content that I generally complete in every playthrough for fun. Plus it doesn't have parts of the game that are mandatory slogs like Duke's Archives (after the first amazing clear), Blighttown, LOST IZALITH, Demon Ruins, all of DkS2, etc. Combat is also really great.

Build diversity doesn't really bug me since a lot of 'diversity' in DkS was min/maxing your equip burden to gain loads'a'poise while keeping 40+ in a primary damage stat and 40+ HP investment. BB removed equip burden and made most armor sidegrades while giving all characters equal mobility; I find this fair as fuck since anything short of maximized mobility in previous games was shit tier (unless you're a PvE greatshield babby, even then some fights were designed to punish blocking over dodging). Plus it encourages lots of cool fashion, since even though there are fewer armor and weapons, pretty much all of them are totally viable and strong if you build for them. Except the steak dinner lol.

I haven't done chalice grinding yet since I haven't decided what build I want to commit to, but running through the 'main' chalice dungeons gets you pretty good loot if you do them as early as reasonably possible and they're kinda fun (if filled with bullshit at times). Plus a lot of unique bosses are in Chalices, or much more difficult versions of gimped story bosses (looking at you, Defiled Amygdildo).

Idk. I'm biased as a Souls fanboy but BB was definitely GOTY for me. Even if there is 'less' content, it's of higher quality and the story/atmosphere is incredible.
>>
>>319762685
>using -s instead of greentexting
>sigh

kill yourself ledditortrash
>>
>ctrl+f 2014
>0 results
It's like you guys don't even remember. Last year we would have killed for something that was at least as enjoyable as Fallout 4 or MGS, no matter how gutted. It was an INCREDIBLY dry year.
>>
>>319762685

Tbh a lack of build options shouldn't be anywhere near "missing a third of my story" phantom pain or "downgraded for consoles with bland combat" witcher 3.

Bloodborne, out of the AAA releases, is really the GOTY. Any game will have faults, but Objectively none of them are experience breaking, unlike every other AAA.
>>
And yet Undertale, a new and weird game, somehow gets the approval of everyone.
>>
File: cole.jpg (20 KB, 349x385) Image search: [Google]
cole.jpg
20 KB, 349x385
i wanted JC3 to be good, but now the series is probably dead

it hurts
>>
Amusingly, I thought Syndicate was ok, given the total shit show last year. Maybe next time will do better for these games.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.