[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you cave in and buy an exbawks for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Crackdown.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Crackdown.webm
2 MB, 720x404
Will you cave in and buy an exbawks for this?
>>
No. There's this thing called Red Faction Guerilla that came out six years ago and has more to offer than this empty piece of shit of a tech demo which requires a 24/7 online connection to do physics calculations.
>>
because it will come to pc sooner or later
>>
not impressed
>>
>>319762949
PC doesn't have the power of the cloud. It's literally impossible to port.
>>
File: 1375914670232.gif (967 KB, 375x216) Image search: [Google]
1375914670232.gif
967 KB, 375x216
I've been 16 years without a console. I think I'm fine.
>>
File: 1303173019819.png (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1303173019819.png
33 KB, 500x500
>>319763182
>>
>>319762949
Considering the past two games didn't come to PC and MCC port still hasn't happened like it apparently was supposed to I wouldn't hold my breath
>>
Mercenaries and Red faction pulled thisshit off agess ago.
In practice these kind of things are always simplistic or scripted. Battlefield comes to mind.
>>
>>319763238
ms didn't port many games from 360 but now pc will have gow, ks, fable and many more just to push w10
>>
This has nothing to do with the Crackdown I loved.
>>
>>319763571
Why can't they just put the first on BC already?
>>
>complete destruction of a random building.
Nice job policeman.
>>
>>319763571
>>319764106
I've only played the 2nd crackdown and was hyped when 3 was announced, but after showing gameplay I feel disappointed. Am I missing out on much by not playing the first or was 2 pretty much an improved 1?
>>
>>319764336
2 was worse than 1. Repetitive as fuck.
>>
>>319764336
First is a thousand times better than the second
>>
>>319762639
All the other Crackdown were shit. Why do you think 3 is better? Inb4 muh destructible world top kek.
>>
>>319762639

>Completely empty cardboard building

Impressive.
>>
i already have one, but i wouldn't have bought it. got it for free thanks to a best buy fuck up. Only games I'm even remotely looking forward to is this, scalebound, and that rare pirate game

>>319764336
two was awful, one was great.
>>
>>319762639
I can only hope that world destruction isn't their only gimmick.
The fun of the first was being a hybrid monster of a corrupt police force, tracking down gang members, wrecking the place, tossing people into the ocean, slamming down on the heads of evil-doers.
They really need to expand upon that, it's the bread and butter of the series and why it stood out to me as a proper game instead of GTA: Police.
If it's just Red Faction what's the point?
>>
>>319764454
you can just say
>I didn't play them and this one doesn't look interesting either

no need to lie

>>319764475
>Rocket Launchers and Coordinated fire from a handful of others wont cause a lot of damage

k
>>
>>319762906
The fact that Red Faction Guerilla hasn't had a proper, open world sequel honestly amazes me. It's clearly what a lot of people want in their games.
You could make the argument that Just Cause 3 is a valid replacement, but it just doesn't feel the same.
Really hope the Red Faction open world series isn't actually dead. Armageddon was an abomination in comparison
>>
I genuinely think all of the crackdown games are terrible, I don't know why the keep making them.

But mindless sandbox never appeals to me anyway, it's why I can't get into Just Cause either.
>>
Nah, looks like a boring sandbox ala Just Cause 3. It'll be fun for a few hours, tops.
Also looks very Saint's Row 3/4esque, and those games were shit after 2.
>>
Hear me out

>Red Faction:Homecoming
You was the leader of the Red Faction until one of your friends betrayed you, handing you over to Earth Govt you're taking back to the pale blue dot for trial. Once on earth a small group styled after the Red Faction break you out.

The game is now get off this rock, help out the Earth based Red Faction, and get your payback

Would you play it?
>>
>>319765098
>Nordic Games got the Red Faction IP and they genuinely care about it and the other THQ properties they acquired
>Volition is chained up by Deep fucking Silver
>>
>>319762639
I just want all 3 to come to pc.
>>
>No mention of Arkham Knight

You guys disappoint me, game atleast had awesome destructive roads
>>
Am I the only person on earth who thought Crackdown was dull and repetitive as fuck?
>>
I'll never buy a console where I have to pay to use my own internet
>>
>>319762639
Why when Just Cause 3 is on PS4?
>>
I have a PS4 and XBONE.
I barely play either one.
>Wish I spent that money on a good PC.
>>
>>319763238
>MCC port still hasn't happened like it apparently was supposed to
It was never slated to be ported, all we had was a vague tweet that implied it wasn't out of the question.

Wait another year or so, when PS4 is over 40-45 million sold and Xbone is barely pushing 20 MS will have to do something to recoup costs on all these Xbone games that massively underperformed. Even Halo 5, the console's so-called biggest, most important game, landed with a thud and stopped selling immediately after launch.
>>
>>319762639
Why should I buy an xbox if the game is in the cloud, Phil?
>>
>>319768331
because just cause 3 is boring without the MP
>>
>>319763446
>gow, ks, fable
Except for ks, those games had already been on pc,
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 470x470
>>319764336
>hasn't played the best crackdown
>crackdown 2 is good
>>
>>319762639
Well they made clear this isn't the finished game so enjoy whatever piece of shit they actually release instead of their early tech demo.
>>
>>319762639
Xbone has no future, all it's games are coming to PC and will eventually be abandoned by MS as they want out if the console market.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.