[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: things that /v/ makes out to be much worse than it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (417 KB, 940x496) Image search: [Google]
file.png
417 KB, 940x496
ITT: things that /v/ makes out to be much worse than it actually is.

The Razer Switches in this thing are nowhere near as bad as you guys make out. They feel extremely similar to blues. The subtle difference is debatable as to whether it's worse.
>>
>>319760705

Meant to say one more thing. The only noticeable bad point about it is the pricing.
>>
Why would you ever buy something like this?
>>
>>319760784
The colours.
>>
how long have you had it?

razer is generally disliked because their products dont last very long.
>>
>>319760705
>mechanical keyboard
lawl he fell for it.
>>
>>319760784
Babies first and most expensive macro machine.

The left hand keys are pretty useful for macro setups and synapse with all it's resource hogging bugginess is not a bad program for making macros.
>>
>>319760784

My keyboard broke and I had essays to do asap. Went to the local shops and this was the only mechanical I could find. Thought fuck it and bit the bullet.

>>319760849

About 6 months now. Works as well as when I got it out of the box. Something Razer says is that the keys on this keyboard are rated for 60 million keystrokes instead of the regular 50 million. Not sure how true that is though.
>>
>>319760705
>razer
literally apple for gamers
>>
>>319760784
The lights make it look high tech and it impresses all the girls you bring home.
>>
>paying over 100$ extra just to have distracting LEDs that will die within a year
It's like poor people tuning shitty cars by adding a body-kit costing six times as much as the vehicle just so it looks like it can go faster when it actually can't.
>>
>>319761097
yeah mechanical keys usually last longer than membranes. they are really nice to type on as well. i have a ducky keyboard with mx browns and i will probably buy another keyboard with mx browns if this one ever dies.

hope it doesn't break on you. i had a razer mechanical for about 3 months and the enter key broke. my razer deathadder--which i love--is double clicking with single clicks(again).

razer stuff is nice until it breaks
>>
File: 1447347533585.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1447347533585.png
11 KB, 211x246
If you REALLY need those stupid fucking leds why not buy sumting classy like ducky year of the goat edition etc.
>>
>>319761413

C'mon they are pretty fun to play around with. Plus having them at night with your lights off is comfy as fuck.

Oh and another complaint of the keyboard is that I don't like how the key font looks.
>>
>>319761383

>i had a razer mechanical for about 3 months and the enter key broke.

Did you claim the warranty? Razer products all have a years warranty.
>>
Only decent thing razer makes is the Deathadder 3.5g.

Everything else is garbage.
>>
>>319761383
i have the same deathadder double click. i also got a razer membrane keyboard once as a gift and it didn't work out of the box. at this point i don't think i can justify ever buying from them again
>>
File: img_8624.png (273 KB, 700x374) Image search: [Google]
img_8624.png
273 KB, 700x374
>>319760705
>>
>>319761383
I had the infamous scroll wheel break that plagues the deathadder series.

Sent it to Germany and got a chroma sent back.
>>
>>319761097
>>319761383
I have a generic microsoft keyboard that I found in my shed back around 2000 or so, which I am typing on now.
Almost a quarter of the keys are faded beyond recognition and there is a fuck tonne of grime and dirt between them, yet it still works great.

And I use it like 4-6 hours a day every day, for the past 15 or so years. Gaming, work, everything.

So explain to me why you buy this shit.
>>
>>319762238

>So explain to me why you buy this shit.

I've explained earlier in the thread. It was the only mechanical keyboard I could find and I needed a keyboard asap.

if you haven't used a mechanical keyboard I would strongly suggest trying one out. They're very satisfying to type on.
>>
RAZER MARKETER PLEASE LEAVE

>>
People don't dislike that because of the switches. They dislike it because it's cheapo Chinese razer trash.

Enjoy the planned obsolescence though, I guess.
>>
>>319762238
>my granddad smoked for eighty years and he's still alive, explain THAT
>>
Imagine you're playing a game and you're right in the zone and really good, dominating scrubs left and right and then suddenly that fucking faggot of a keyboard begins flashing its rainbow lights just to tell you in morse how much of a queer you are and that runins everything because deep down inside you know it's true and daddy never showed you love because he knew you'd turn gay and disgrace the family like, holy shit, it's depressing as hell and you should probably end your life right now but meanwhile your gaming buddy with the high pitched voice yells, asking why you fucked up and let down the team, so you just sit there crying onto that gayass keyboard of yours while your ancestors look down in disgust upon that sad pice of shit you turned out to be and that's when you glare upon the keys and see Razer's logo that looks like a bunch of dicks on a wheel which is probably why you bought the product to begin with because you crave cock so much but can't even admit it because you're too beta, right before you die from diabeetus because of all the energy drinks and gamer food. Is that really worth 200$?
>>
>>319761889
yeah, i sold it when i got it back.

>>319761968
>>319762119
their mice seem to break a lot. this one lasted me 2 years before double clicking. a record i think. I will finally be buying something else this time around, but i love the ergos on the death adder

>>319762238
mechanical keyboards are nice anon. maybe buy something other than a razer though.
>>
>>319762407
Okay fair enough, my friend has a mechanical keyboard, it was pretty nice I guess.
>>319762615
Great argument, quoting something I never even said, never change /v/.
>>
File: WHERE DOES HE PLAY THE GAMES.jpg (147 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DOES HE PLAY THE GAMES.jpg
147 KB, 625x790
>Buy Corsair
>plugs right in, works and lasts a while
>Buy Cooler Master
>plugs right in, works, and has a moderate lifetime
>Buy Zowie
>plugs right in, works and is extremely durable
>Buy some shitty Logitech/Microsoft
>plugs right in, works and will work far after humanity is wiped off the face of the Earth
>Buy Razer
>plugs right in and you have to download proprietary software for it to work and lasts about 2 weeks

Razer and Alienware, not even once
>>
File: 38597_xlargenss_ndo4254[1].jpg (88 KB, 1400x683) Image search: [Google]
38597_xlargenss_ndo4254[1].jpg
88 KB, 1400x683
>literally indestructible
>>
>>319762867
It's just a god damn brand, my friend bought a Razer case, so he just went fuck it and proceeded to spend like $300 on a razer keyboard, mouse, and mousepad, because it completed the green colour scheme.

And all those LEDs look like fucking shit too.
>>
>>319761558
Yeah, and the ducky has LED lit keys. Better switches and isn't total dogshit as a company.
>>
>>319760849
I've had a razer death adder for nearly 9 years now, as a PC master race I can assure you it's one of the most durable products I've ever bought.
>>
>>319763593
Yeah and the shitty Acer 75hz LED that some old lady gave me back in 2009 is still working for me with no issues even though its a notoriously shitty product prone to burning up. Yet I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on my fringe experience.
>>
>>319762624
Sounds like you are projecting Anon.
Did this happen to you? are you a spooky ghost?
>>
>>319762867
>shitty Logitech/Microsoft
>will work far after humanity is wiped off the face of the Earth
Can confirm. I bought some cheap Logitech wireless keyboard 4 years ago. Its been given a right bashing. I even tried to twist both ends in different directions till it broke (which never happened) because I was pissed off one day. Damn thing is hasnt missed a beat. I'm pretty sure ive only had to replace the batteries once or twice as well.
>>
>>319762764
>>319762119
>>319761968

have you guys tried the firmware thing? that fixed my mouse, and i was getting the random double-clicking and scroll wheel insanity
>>
>>319762053
I have this keyboard just the RGB edition (chroma)

got it for like 70 euro factory new.
My friend is working at a huge wharehouse and is often stealing things or reporting them missing or broken when they actually arent.

I have shit tons of razer and corsair products at home that I usually gift to people for birthdays or Christmas now.

I didnt like the Chroma much but the Corsair RGB is hands down the best 1 if you learn how to use the program to make your own patterns and colors.
>>
File: CM Ultimate.jpg (145 KB, 800x468) Image search: [Google]
CM Ultimate.jpg
145 KB, 800x468
I have this one with blues.

I can kill a home intruder with it by smashing him in the head and it wouldn't even dent. It's built like a tank.
>>
>>319762053
I just got the K70 on sale for about 50$. I got so used to dealing with a cheap cooler master keyboard where you had to put insane amounts of pressure to get past some threshold for it to click. So it took a while to get used to not having to mash the keys on this, but now that I'm used to it I love it. Plus the ridged WASD and 123456 keys are nice.
>>
>>319765139
bought my wife this 1 just with white colors,its the one with brown switches.
>>
>>319762053
>have a dog that sheds fucking year round
>cleaning out previous keyboards involved removing keys and working plastic tips into the edges to remove hair
>cleaning out this just involves tipping it and going up and down with compressed air

Aside from the noise, I fucking love this keyboard.
>>
>gaming keyboard
>it has LEDs on it
>every time

Baby toys are colorful cause it appeals to their undeveloped brains, do gamers and toddlers think alike?
>>
I have kailh switches in my current keyboard(same as razer)
They are on par with cherry after about 2 months or use. No idea if they last as long, but as of now there is no reason to avoid them.

They are one of the better cherry clones out there.
>>
>>319763962
The death adder is one of the best mice I've ever owned as well. It's very often regarded as the best razer product. Certainty not a fringe experience
>>
File: Small (3 of 12).jpg (58 KB, 565x477) Image search: [Google]
Small (3 of 12).jpg
58 KB, 565x477
Been using pic related for a while now and it's pretty damn good for a small keyboard.

The only problem with it is the directional stick being digital.
>>
>>319763194
>horrible to type on
>>
File: file.png (286 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
286 KB, 800x600
>>319760705

The one and only acceptable razer product.
>>
>>319771275
Not realy, the Deathadder 2013 is a piece of shit that breaks fast by doing double-clicks by itself.
I replaced this very model 3 times thanks to waranty, the 4th time I got the Deathadder Chroma and so far it seems like all the issues from the 2013 are gone.
>>
what is it with "gaming" gear that it always have to come with gay ass led lights.
>>
I almost bought a K70 with cherry reds on black friday but decided against it. Is it worth it /v/???
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.