[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand this board, and I dont understand how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: flaco.png (13 KB, 560x602) Image search: [Google]
flaco.png
13 KB, 560x602
I don't understand this board, and I dont understand how the Melee fan base is autistic. Please discuss. Don't try and tell me it's not a fighting game, because it is.
>>
File: 1448339724455.png (256 KB, 542x642) Image search: [Google]
1448339724455.png
256 KB, 542x642
>>319744085
the tr4sh fanbase is worse tbqh
>>
>>319744085
You only play one game and it's a fucking party game.
At least the Smash4fags treat their game as a party game and move on with their lives
>>
>>319744085

Back to neogaf with you fag
>>
>>319744085

People who are insane beleive they are completely sane.
>>
>>319744085
Melee players won't shut up about how amazing Melee is. At least Smash 4 players don't do that. I get that you want to cling to your dying game because of how much time you've invested in it, but maybe it's time to realize that life moves on. Games move on.

You're more than welcome to play outdated versions of games, but you really just shouldn't be surprised when others want to play the latest version of something. Hell, even super hardcore Street Fighter 2 players at least acknowledge and understand why others would want to play the latest version of SF over something that's so old.
>>
>>319744085
Some people hate it because they aren't good enough to play it. Some people hate it because it's too deep compared to a standard fighter (this is the only valid complaint imo). Some people hate it because people have been playing it for 14 years and they're mad about that (fucking why lol).

Some people like to cry about a tourneyfag boogeyman (these people have never played a tourneyfag). Some people had an autistic fuck in their vidya group who tried to pretend like he was a tourneyfag and impose gay shit and people took that to mean that's how tourneyfag act.

When you get right down to it though, v is mad people like a videogame.
>>
>>319746346
>Some people hate it because they aren't good enough to play it. Some people hate it because it's too deep compared to a standard fighter (this is the only valid complaint imo). Some people hate it because people have been playing it for 14 years and they're mad about that (fucking why lol).

Consider suicide
>>
File: 138445537462.gif (494 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
138445537462.gif
494 KB, 500x374
I never had a problem with Melee. I would even watch some of the tournies. But when I was watching the PSX event every time a trailer appeared, for no fucking reason I could discern, about 20 different people in chat would spam MELEE HD FINALLY and shit like that. For me, the point where a fanbase becomes cancerous is when they try to insert themselves into situations outside of their fandom where they do not belong. And that is why the Melee fanbase is autistic.
>>
>>319746728
Por que?
>>
>>319744085
>I dont understand how the Melee fan base is autistic
SF4 is more casual than SF3. Despite this, the fanbase largely moved on and has gotten a great deal of enjoyment out of SF4. SF5 looks to continue this trend, but SF fans are hype.

Compare this to the screaming, whining, pants-shitting, fanfic-making Melee fans and you can easily see the difference between a real fighter and your "platform brawler."
>>
>>319747056
>I'm so indoctrinated in consumerism I cannot fathom people just sticking with the better game.

Pro tip nothing sf4 did was anti competitive. Everything after melee was decidedly so.
>>
The reason why a lot of people (not just on /v/) dislike the Melee community is because it contains a higher than normal concentration of annoying little shits.

These annoying little shits are always trying to make everything about Melee and/or how great it is, especially if it is in comparison to other fighting games, and that goes double for other games in the Smash series. Most people would agree that Melee is great, or amazing, etc. But these people are never satisfied until they make sure everyone knows that Melee is the best and nothing else comes close, and that it even makes other good games look like shit in comparison.

People like this are not endearing. It does not make anyone like you except for other people already in on the circlejerk. I realize (and most of /v/, does too) that these people are not the entirety of the Melee community. But there's far more of them there than in other communities, and they are far more vocal as well. So fuck those guys, and fuck the people in the Melee community who don't act like this, but are still ok with their behavior.
>>
>>319746895
OP here, I agree, Melee HD is never going to happen and I don't know why anyone in the world thinks is. Brawl and Smash 4 are the sequels, and IN THE CASE OF SMASH, they are meant to be upgrades from the pervious games. The only reason Melee is still alive is because of the happy accident it was that made its competitive depth and shit etc. Everyone knows Sakurai doesn't give a shit about that, so therefore Melee HD is just as likely to happen as Brawl HD.
>>
It's a fun game with a long history. People get excited about it. You think people complained about all the autists playing baseball when it was 14 years old?
>>
>>319747876
Valid complaint but has nothing to do with the game or the majority of people who play it.

>>319747992
Melee hd is an "inside joke." A meme if you will. No one actually expects it.
>>
>>319744085
>game
>>
>>319748095
The OP specifically wanted the discussion to be about the fanbase and not the game, and the people that act like little shits make up way too much of their fanbase, even if they're not a majority.
>>
>>319747876
This, Melee is Islam
>>
>>319744085
Is there a melee scene in Washington? Preferably around the Yakima or tri cities area
>>
>>319748897
There is a scene in washington but I don't think around those area's, mostly around lynwood, seattle and seatac. You're probably better off with netplay.
>>
>>319748605
completely fucking valid on two counts.

>>319748897
Check smashboards/facebook but when the question is "is there a melee scene in..." the answer is always yes unless you're in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>319749102
I've checked,but the nearest I've found are 3 hours away. I know I've heard something before about a scene in tri cities though but I could never find it
>>
>>319744085
smash isn't even a videogame if you think about it
>>
>>319749249
You checked both smashboards and facebook? In a worst case scenario you could play netplay. It's a little different than real life but you should be able to play anyone within 400 miles with 0 issue. Very little lag even coast to coast.
>>
> Be me, Sakurai Masahiro
>Create grorious kaabi and bring great honor to HAL Labs.
>Nintendo wants me to create party geimu
>so happy, create great party game, finaru bossu grorious Masta Hando from my kaabi videogames. Also add Ness because Mother Tsu is so goodo
>American piggu love it, Groryous Nihonjin love it. Sakurai Masahiro is now warudo icon.
>Be me, Sakurai Masahiro, year Nisenichi
>Create Sequeru to glorious Sumasshu Burazasu
>Add Katana girl and Katana shota from grorious Nippon series. Only for Nippon, American piggu not know characters
>American piggu want character they don't know, whatever 2bh Kazoku
>Rerease Sumasshu Burazasu Miri in za westo, American piggudoggu rike it, Grorious Nihonjin rike it, all is raito in this warudo.
>Austistic American waitoboi want to pray Miri competitively
>What the fuck? Me, Sakurai Masahiro, thinks. Sumasshu is party game, you don't pray those competitively
>Watashi mo, Sakurai Masahiro, year 2007
>Rerease greato Sumasshu Burazasu X, don't have prans to make more party game, this is the last.
>Subspace Emissary, Solido Snake, Sonikku, Finaru Sumasshu, everyone loves my game.
>American piggu jornalist love it, grorious Nihonjin love it, all is raito in this warudo
>Mirifaggu don't rike it tho, say is not competitive, me no understand
>Is not meant to be competitive, kono Sakurai Masahiro says; is party geimu, if want faitan go pray sutorito faita, like normal people.
>Mirifaggu want to pray Sumasshu at EVO
>Kono Masahiro Sakurai say: Why the fuck pray Sumasshu at evo? Mcribs is faitan geimu tournamento, Katherine is a beta faitan geimu than Sumasshu.
>Mirifaggu cry to american mememan, he comes to me, Sakurai Masahiro
>"Please Mr. Massa-hero Sakooray, austistic whiteboys are our target demographic, you can't make a game that doesn't pander to them, I even said "no Johns", whatever that means, and uh... My body is Redy"
>Me cry, make Sumasshu 4, add mai waifu Parutina, she always there for me.
>2 smashu EVO, wtf.
>>
File: Mango pain.jpg (48 KB, 621x691) Image search: [Google]
Mango pain.jpg
48 KB, 621x691
>start playing Melee, total scrub
>after toying with Falcon and Doc, decide to main Falco
>really enjoy practicing the shine follow ups
>learn that people think noob falcos are a bunch of lazy fucks that exploit tech and lasers to beat better players
Cuts deep.
>>
>>319750468
Not as bad as sheik mains being called brain dead
>>
>>319750468
>>319750668
Puff mains and icies get the most hate imo.
>>
>>319750468
It's because falco gets you the furthest with the least game knowledge. But once you have intermediate game knowledge the two most hated become

>>319751023
Because they absolutely fucking destroy mid level competition.

>>319750668
Sheik is really only a threat at levels of play when people stop complaining at least from what I've seen.
>>
>>319744085
I like melee it is probably in my top 5 GameCube games but the second any melee fag says sm4sh is trash because it's not exactly what they want is where I draw the line. It's fine to enjoy melee more then 4 but the melee fan base is full of crybabys who can't accept the fact that Sakurai isn't making the game exclusively for them.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.