[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Adderall improve video game skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: adderall_ucf_study_drug_college.jpg (180 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
adderall_ucf_study_drug_college.jpg
180 KB, 480x280
Does Adderall improve video game skills?
>>
baby
>>
I don't know
>>
File: WinnersDONT-1024x768.jpg (73 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WinnersDONT-1024x768.jpg
73 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>319743402
unless you're a professional CS:GO player
>>
>>319743459
no, then you use the R8 because it's the best gun ever made
>>
>>319743704
its shit now, no one buys it on competitive
>>
No. You will think it does, just like every other aspect of your life, but in reality it just fucks your shit up.
That's what happened to me anyway.
>>
Yes but you might not enjoy the side effects. I was one of those people that hated being on it. As much as it helps, it killed my appetite and sleep patterns, and not eating made me feel sick. I had to switch to a different drug, and at a super low dose because I'm a tiny Asian dude so that shit hits hard. Like any drug, you have to consider your body and your tolerances for drugs with a similar effect.

But fuck it its finals week and I need to cram, so I'll be popping them all day.
>>
>>319742905
Depends on the game, but generally speaking yes. Don't get any ideas though. You'll probably just end up cleaning your house at 4 AM.
>>
what if i want to play sim city 4 while on adderall?
>>
Westballz
>>
File: adderall.webm (659 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
adderall.webm
659 KB, 854x480
>Smash players
>CS players
>Americans period

AND YET THEY STILL LOSE TO ASIANS (EXCEPT IN CS)
>>
>>319742905
>is like meth minus 95% of the terrible shit in meth
>puts you on "I'm going to do 'things'" mode for 6-12 hours
>if you have focus/motivation issues it essentially minimizes them to very manageable levels
>will get caught in doing things, forget to eat, suppresses hunger via pouring energy into physical movement and such, at least that's how it feels
>can help focus/heighten eyesight and sense's in general if you're an ADHD-fag like me
Yeah it depends on the game.
Morrowind? You'll be optimized like a motherfucker, skimming pages across the wiki for tips, planning out your...well, plan, it's pretty good.
An FPS though? Eh, kinda. You might pay more attention, but that's it.
If there's a set of rules you can think around them easier. If it's open ended like online multiplayer you're not much better off unless there's an objective goal to, what else, plan around. It's a stimulant, not magic, your put in 1.5 speed, but you're still you.
>>
>>319745958
That's more in line with what Adderall is good at helping with.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.