[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom 3 Thread. It's on sale on steam, and I've always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Coverdoom3-1-.jpg (38 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
Coverdoom3-1-.jpg
38 KB, 344x500
Doom 3 Thread. It's on sale on steam, and I've always wanted to play it. I heard BFG edition sucked dicks though. What's the /v/erdict?
>>
buy it and install sikkmod, sikkmod would make the game look better. It's a pretty fun game, and yes get this over bfg. bfg edition just fucks up the game experience and everything.
>>
>>319726125
whats wrong with the bfg edition, i got it from my brother a while ago but i haven't played it yet.
>>
File: doom 3.jpg (12 KB, 1920x1075) Image search: [Google]
doom 3.jpg
12 KB, 1920x1075
Doom3 is fun, looks great in HD
>>
when does the level design open up?

>>319726125
>bfg edition just fucks up the game experience and everything.
what even is the difference? BFG came with the dlc for 2 bucks more so I nabbed it.
>>
File: DOOM Corridors Edition.png (35 KB, 264x106) Image search: [Google]
DOOM Corridors Edition.png
35 KB, 264x106
>>319726798
forgot pic for reference
haven't even gotten the card off of bravo squad but it's all
>corridor
>catwalk
>hallway
>hallway
>catwalk
>corridor

so far

also
>sikkmod
>allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles

wheres the deets?
>>
don't get BFG
>>
>>319726798
>>319726252
Yeah there isnt much wrong with BFG other than you cant mod it and has limited settings. It does however get a slight performance bump over the original so they at least updated it.
>>
>>319727241
>cant mod it and has limited settings
wait, so it just LOST settings from stock? what.

i don't know that i'm missing out on mods at least. shit like http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500 just looks shit anyway
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ar_K7rWGuQ
>>
Doom 3 has aged so bad.

I remember the first time I saw it at my friends step-father's house, on his top of the line computer that he wouldnt let anyone touch, and being completely blown away by the lightning quality.

Actually being able to hide in shadows in MP was such a mindblowing technological advance to my naive 13 year old mind.
>>
Doom 4 is on presale also.
And I'm still very fucking worried. I thought I was watching an X Factor flop on the second Steam video.

I'm scared this will suck. But will get over it if and only IF it comes out with modding capabilities.

That, and open sourcing id Tech 5, since now they're using id Tech 6. This is still a policy enforced by id..........

...... right, guys? Right?
>>
>>319727241
looks like you can mod now
http://www deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/258/doom-3-bfg-edition-source-port-and-mod-launcher

finding posts like this scattered about

http://www kot-in-action.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4436
>>
>>319725747
is this worth buying as someone who has never played a Doom game? It comes with the first 3 and I have the money to spare.
>>
>>319731409

Yes, if you enjoy FPS. It has an in-game launcher for the classic Doom titles, though you're probably better off getting the WADs and using a sourceport to get some more modern options and compatibility. Still, a good starting point
>>
>>319731409
>download wad files
>download gzdoom or whatever
play some fucking DOOM
>>
Best thing about BFG is flash light on armor.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.