[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw when Mack is the raddest, dick-punching motherfucker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 231471-mack.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
231471-mack.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>tfw when Mack is the raddest, dick-punching motherfucker out of an entire game full of gangstas
>tfw Mistwalker just wants to make mobile games
>tfw you'll never get that Mack spin-off in which he leads a posse of orphan delinquents on adventures while terrorizing grown-ups and saving the world

what the fuck, video games? It's like we don't even know you anymore
>>
>>319723974
the sister is a 10/10
>>
I really, really wanted this game to pull me in and want to enjoy it, but when I realized the game was getting upstaged by short story interludes, it just didn't happen.
>>
>>319725096

that's because the short stories were actually written by a proper author

but yeah it does suck when the optional dream sequences have far better writing than the actual game
>>
File: jansen.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
jansen.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>>319725961
>separate authors
I never knew that, and it explains a lot.

For awhile I kept coming back for more short stories and this guy. eventually there were just other things I wanted to play more and I never got back to it.
>>
>>319723974
HD REMAKE NEVER
PC NEVER
SHORT STORY COLLECTION NEVER
>>
>>319727285

jansen was the realest nigga out

he was the only person I really liked out of the main cast. everyone else just seemed so two dimensional and boring. it's why I didn't really enjoy Lost Odyssey (along with the fairly boring main story as well)
>>
File: 1421193143753.gif (2 MB, 349x255) Image search: [Google]
1421193143753.gif
2 MB, 349x255
>>319723974
>tfw underlevel the fuck out of the dipshit twins
>get to the floating platforms dungeon
>>
>>319727845
Another thing that killed it for me was the difficulty. I remember the first boss on the mountain being a real challenge, and thinking if the first boss is wrecking me I'm going to have an interesting time facing this game, and never again was it as challenging. I was really hoping it'd break the trend of jrpg's devolving into just selecting "attack" over and over except on boss battles.
>>
File: SD_Palom_&_Porom_Original.png (385 KB, 572x438) Image search: [Google]
SD_Palom_&_Porom_Original.png
385 KB, 572x438
>>
>>319728836
Well said. But if they had had voice acting they would probably be as bad.
>>
>>319725096
>>319725961

also translated from japanese by a proper scholar and not fansub tier translators
>>
>>319729123
can't imagine why there'd be a second translation team for the localization, but if so it says a lot about the people involved
>>
>>319729123
>>319729337
>proper scholar
Faint praise.

Jay Rubin is of the best Japanese to English translators in the world.
>>
>>319729337
Kiyoshi Shigematsu is a pretty big goddamn deal. It's like Stephen King writing short stories for your game.
>>
>>319729709
I looked him up and I see what you mean now. He has more credentials than "I really liked anime growing up and joined a fansubbing group, so I studied japanese and got a job with my degree"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
xbox tipped over right as i was about to kill this little fucker and it destroyed my disc 4. Never played again. I super enjoyed it although finding all of the seeds was kind of a bitch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.