[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone wanted to play final fantasy and never played a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: final fantasy.jpg (30 KB, 602x247) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy.jpg
30 KB, 602x247
If someone wanted to play final fantasy and never played a single game before, what game should they start at and what games in the series should they play?
>>
The one that interests you the most
It's not like you'll be missing on continuity and the gameplay keeps changing
>>
Here is an opinion that ISN'T someone telling you to start with their favorite FF or the first one they played:

Start with the SNES version of FFIV (called FFII) and play FFVI and FFV next in that order.
Now if you liked FFIV the most play FFIX next. (Both games mainly focus on their stories, have very linear gameplay and barely any optinons for character customization due to their characters being locked in their job classes)
Now if you liked FFV the most play FFVIII next. (Both games have a focus character customization and if you actually care about their stories it IS there but requires some exploration to fully figure them out)
Now if you liked FFVI the most play FFVII next. (Both games have roughly egual focus on story and character customization)

Still want more? Play through the other two games mentioned and FFX. You have now seen where the series reputation came from and what was so good in it. Now as for the NES games they are decent but unless you grew up with NES you probably aren't going to enjoy them.
>>
You obviously start with FF7, the most popular one and also the easiest and most accessible one. Perfect for newcomers. If you are already more into sprite-based games, starting with FF6 is the main alternative.

>>319712348

This is the worst idea ever, fuck off. 99% of people who are new to the series would get bored of FF4 in an hour and drop it.
>>
>>319711965
just play VII. We all know that's the one you're interested in. It's the one with the remake and the movie and the money and Smash DLC character. Play that one. If you don't like it come back and tell us why not and we can help you find one you like.
>>
I've never played a FF game.

Is it bad that I want to play IX, because of Freya?
>>
>>319711965
in this order
FF1
FF Mystic Quest
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF Tactics
FF8
FF9
FF10
FF10-2
FF Tactics Advance
FF Tactics Advance 2
FF12
>>
>>319713992
Yes
You should be playing IX because of Quina
>>
>>319711965
Can confirm that ffvii is a good starting point.

It's famous for a reason.

If you still keep your interest after playing ffvii, you're free to go wherever you want. Play 8 and up if you want dem graphics, and play 6 and below if you want that old-school sprite-based atmosphere.
>>
I've never played any Final Fantasy games before either. 6 looks good. I'm going to buy the PC version next week.
>>
>>319714368

Isn't 6's PC version just a port of the shitty IOS remake?
>>
>>319714368
NOOOOOO DON'T DON'T YOU'RE GOING TO GET A BAD FIRST IMPRESSION
>>
>>319714368
Brah, don't do the PC version. Do yourself a favor and emulate the SNES or GBA version. You will indeed get a bad first impression by playing the PC version.
>>
>>319711965
If we go with the FFIXfag logic you must start out with FFIX because it's their favorite and the only good game in the series.
If we go with the FFVIIfag logic you must start out with FFVII because it's the most popular one and the only good game in the series.
You probably see where this kind of logic is going. Asking about what FF to start out with in most cases is pointless question since all FFfags are opinionated fucks that will only tell you to start out with their favorite FF or the one they started out with.

The only advice I can give to you is basically what >>319712306 said.
>>
4-6 for improvements over 1-3
7-10 for complete turn based combat
11-14 if you have autism
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.