[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Witcher 2 considered to be a good game? I finished it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20
File: 2015-12-10_00003.jpg (584 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-10_00003.jpg
584 KB, 2560x1440
Is the Witcher 2 considered to be a good game? I finished it today - and I didn't enjoy it. It's a glorified walking and talking simulator where I sometimes have to mash X to progress to the next cutscene. The gameplay is extremely limited, but at least the story is alright. It could have done with being less linear though. It just pretended to be almost open world when really it was all on rails.
>>
>>319697853

Alright.
>>
>>319697853
It's the same for Witcher 3.
You've been tricked by Pkek community.
>>
>>319697853
>I finished it today - and I didn't enjoy it
your thoughts do not define the general opinion on anything
you're nobody
>>
File: 2015-06-30_00002.jpg (439 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-30_00002.jpg
439 KB, 2560x1440
>>319698232
That's why I am asking for the general opinion.

>>319698118
Fuck, I bought it in the gog sale recently.
>>
>>319697853
>It could have done with being less linear though
Story in itself is everything but linear. According to the choice you make the second act is completely different, not even set in the same location, with other quest and other characters and that's hours of game you can replay. The Witcher 1 had way more small choices that end up having big impacts hours later and make you going "ho christ fuck shit damn I should have picked the other option", which was nice and which is a bit lacking in TW2. Aside from that it's a good game yes.

Also, it's retardely easy to abuse the combat system by rolling everywhere like a moron, because it's a glaring design flaw. I think restricting yourself and playing more like a Witcher (setting traps beforehand, preparing fight with alchemy and potion, and so on) is more rewarding and way funnier to play.
>>
>>319698118
Last games mustard race hyped were Crysis and Witcher saga.
Turns out both are terrible.
>>
>>319698463
>That's why I am asking for the general opinion.
for what? general opinion will not change yours
those threads are pointless
>>
>>319698863
>waaaaah
>>
One of the greatest RPGs of all time. I have no idea what difficulty you played on and it sounded like you played on a lol console but that is definitely not how the combat system is. If you wanted it to be a simple, then it was a dodge, Quen spam and heavy attack on Hardcore and Dark modes. Even then, you had to change it during some fights like with the Golden Dragon bitch.

The game was pretty linear. It wasn't on rails though. Lots of side quests and some secret areas to explore. You just couldn't travel the world freely, as you were stuck in whatever location depending on whatever chapter/side you chose.
>>
>>319697853
>mash X to progress to the next cutscene
Come on anon, that's a big, fat lie and you know it
>>
File: 2015-06-28_00003.jpg (352 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-28_00003.jpg
352 KB, 2560x1440
>>319699315
I played it on normal on the PC. I did just mash X and roll around to win.
>>
>>319699901
Sounds like you went into the game disinterested like a majority of people who bash the games.
>>
>>319699901
I never played it on normal. Also I actually shouldn't even say it's pretty linear, because it's not. It's definitely not open world but it is more like a tree in terms of lots of shit branching off. Yes, once you are on that path you are kind of restricted in terms of picking sides but there is still more choices to be had that affects outcomes.

Overall, you are definitely in the minority. It is a critically acclaimed game and I enjoyed every Witcher game in the trilogy like most people.
>>
>>319699085
I clicked this thread because I wanted to see what bullshit you had answered with >waaaah but I gotta say that was pretty called for here
>>
>>319700519
Actually I enjoyed it at the start. The prologue was constant action and chapter 1 had a lot to do. Chapter 2 was really when my opinion of the game shrank, as there were few if any sidequests worth doing. I just spent a few hours running between cutscenes and killing harpies.

Chapter 3 was too short to talk about, really.
>>
>>319699901
>normal
pleb
>>
>>319697853
>glorified walking and talking simulator where I sometimes have to mash X
Isn't that how you'd simplify about every game past like 2008?
>>
>>319697853
Yes, it's a good game. Sorry about your taste.
>>
File: 1Untitled.jpg (950 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1Untitled.jpg
950 KB, 1920x1080
While I do agree that the combat is a bit simplistic the game is great, as a whole.

Assuming you've played W1 and are up to speed on the story somewhat. If you go into something with little to no interest and hope that a single element will keep you interested you're bound to be disappointed, especially since the game doesn't revolve just around one thing, be it combat, dialogue etc.

The Witcher games are fantastic as a whole, the writing is above average for a videogame, the characters are well developed, the combat is solid and has evolved and improved throughout the series.
>>
>>319697853
>It's a glorified walking and talking simulator where I sometimes have to mash X to progress to the next cutscene. The gameplay is extremely limited

As compared to what, exactly?
>>
>>319699901
Well who's fault is that? You'e playing on normal, The majority of games released nowadays are way too easy and braindead on normal.
>>
>>319698463
>That's why I am asking for the general opinion.

The general opinion is that TW3 is GOTY and an easy 9/10. You can trust me, because I represent /v/.

Now, you see why you're a fucking retard?
>>
>>319700848
>Chapter 2 was really when my opinion of the game shrank

Let me guess, you picked Roche's path.
>>
>>319701091
TW3 is a strange game.

There was a moment that happened to me like, 40 hours in, that just made everything about the development of the game crystal clear.

>At the edge of the map somewhere, walking on a cliff outside a Troll cave.
>Fall off the cliff when a Troll hits me.
>Roll down the side into the water.
>I'm now swimming. Ok, how can I get out?
>There's some land nearby, maybe I ca- NOPE, incline is too steep.
>Ok, here's some flat ice in the water, maybe I can get up on thi- NOPE, no way to climb a surface from the water, even if you could walk on that surface normally.
>So wait, the ONLY way out of water is to find a beach I can just walk onto?
>And now I have to fucking swim around this entire god damned island just to find a beach, passing by dozens and dozens of places that any competent environment designer could easily let me get out?

And that's when I realized exactly why TW3 is so frustrating. Because it looks pretty nice, and we trick ourselves into thinking "Wow, this game LOOKS pretty, so clearly the designers must have spent as much time constructing it as they did painting it!", but the answer is no, no they didn't. They just spent a shitload of time on the graphics and forgot to bother everywhere else.
>>
File: 1418779740615.png (180 KB, 590x369) Image search: [Google]
1418779740615.png
180 KB, 590x369
>tfw Witcher 3's gameplay is complete shit but you still play it anyway because it's literally the medival-fantasy melee based RPG that came out this year
>>
>is this a good game so I can argue with people who like it
>tell me the popular opinion so I can go against it
>>
>>319697853

>It pretended to be almost open world

What the fuck. At no point does it even attempt to be open world.
>>
File: 1445963608604.png (311 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1445963608604.png
311 KB, 500x386
Witcher 2 is naturally by far the worst since it has no Shani

Other than that it has best Triss and if you chose Yenn in 3 you're a fucking retard unless you read the books apparently but I didn't so bite me
>>
File: seen some shit.jpg (72 KB, 801x781) Image search: [Google]
seen some shit.jpg
72 KB, 801x781
>>319697853
Why did you finish it if you didn't enjoy it? Just so you could come on /v/ and complain? That's pretty pathetic, bro.
>>
>>319699901
Play it on dark and the combat becomes one of my favorites in any game. After playng dark for thirty hours even hard became piss poor easy
>>
>>319698118
Both of those games are multiplats m8
>>
>>319701305
it isnt complete shit
>>
File: hacky slashy spinny fun time.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hacky slashy spinny fun time.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>319701274
>we
>ourselves

Whoa there.
>>
>>319701274
To be fair TW3 was their first attempt at making a giant open world game, the game has flaws, but I wouldn't count the inability to climb certain terrain as one of them.

I was just glad that it wasn't as limited as the first two games, which basically forced you into a set of tunnels without any ability to jump or climb, excluding some predefined points on the map.
>>
>>319700848
I downloaded TW2 once when it was free for a weekend. I played for about 3 hours and decided it was boring, because I barely payed attention and didn't care for anything going on.

Months later, on a whim I buy TW1. I decided to try for a serious playthrough and the first few hours had me a bit indifferent but the more I played the more interested I became. Eventually I became engrossed, the same way you get when you can't put down a good book.

Ended up buying TW2, beat it twice and REALLY liked it. I even read all the books and I've almost beaten TW3 now (fukken good game btw).

TL;DR:
RPG's require patience and an open mind. You might come back to it one day and realize how wrong your initial impression was.
>>
File: witcher2 2015-02-02 11-09-27-67.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
witcher2 2015-02-02 11-09-27-67.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Goes down as one of my favourites of all time. Sunk a 100 hours into it
>>
>>319701305
>gameplay is complete shit

Oh boy, here we go.
>>
>>319697853
>It could have done with being less linear
I hate this meme.
Open world has ever only taken from enjoyment of the game.
>>
File: tw2 hours.png (103 KB, 606x99) Image search: [Google]
tw2 hours.png
103 KB, 606x99
>>319701676
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>319701624
>but I wouldn't count the inability to climb certain terrain as one of them.

I would, considering if you're going to have an open world game, being able to freely traverse the terrain given to you is literally the only feature that makes it actually open world.

Otherwise you just end up with Kingdoms of Amalur, an "open world" game that is nothing but corridors.

It would have been nice to play the game and come to the realization "Hey, CDPR really cared about making this!", instead of "Wow, did they even try? How did no one ever mention this during development?"
>>
>>319701717
Name one gameplay feature TW3 did well.

Not just mediocre or average, but actually well.
>>
File: 1448238722334.jpg (548 KB, 1111x758) Image search: [Google]
1448238722334.jpg
548 KB, 1111x758
>>319701676
Only 100? I have about 300 but only because I wanted saves with a bunch of different options to transfer over to TW3 for multiple playthroughs. Much to my dismay when almost 0 of those choices make a difference in TW3.
>>
>>319701997
As if it matters what he says, you'll just shut it down with "NOPE, IT'S SHIT."

>>319701903
The games got plenty of freedom man, were you expecting an ass-creed type game where you can traverse everything?
>>
>>319701997
Why isn't average good enough?
>>
It was alright, nothing special.
>>
>>319701997
Why, so you can say it's shit? Howabout you name something it did poorly without saying "it's shit"? I can think of a few things, but for some reason the shitposters like you never go into detail about why you didn't like it, just spouting buzzwords instead.
>>
>>319702237
If all else fails he'll link the "Combat Review" video that's complete bullshit anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (693 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
693 KB, 1920x1080
>>319701903
If I really wanted to complain about TW3 I'd pick on the leveling system and how easily it was to over-level and basically trivialize a large chunk of the game, just because you decided to do a handful of sidequests.

>being able to freely traverse the terrain given to you is literally the only feature that makes it actually open world

But it barely effects gameplay, the case that you described a few posts back is hardly an issue. At worst you slide down a slope and waste a minute or two finding a way back up.
>>
>>319702302
>a witcher wearing potbelly chestpieces

No idea why CDPR thought this was good.
>>
>>319698759

>crysis
>ever hyped for anything but graphics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEIkTGciV8k
>>
>>319702552
It has better gameplay than any Twitcher game.
>>
File: 1449196246710.jpg (20 KB, 302x298) Image search: [Google]
1449196246710.jpg
20 KB, 302x298
>>319702556
This whole video is The Witcher 2 in a nutshell.

I mean I love the game but holy shit it's clunky in so many ways. Personally I am of the belief that the combat was worse than in TW1.

People that say TW3's combat is bad should just look at some footage of the combat from the first two games. They have no idea how bad it could really be.
>>
>>319702302
Yeah the leveling system is definitely my biggest gripe with the game. Too many contracts/sidequests became trivially easy now that I'm level 30. To do it any differently would require them to rethink the entire formula.
>>
>>319702138
>you'll just shut it down with "NOPE, IT'S SHIT."
Stalling, excuses.

>>319702185
How can a game be 10/10 GOTY if it's just "good enough"?

>>319702237
>Howabout you name something it did poorly
Let's see:

>Horrible loot that made the concept of completing quests an insult, because instead of ever recieving anything you might actually use, you just get randomized junk that's worse than anything you can craft at the same level. What the fuck is the point of 50% of quests rewarding a "unique" sword that just has shitty randomized, level-scaled stats?
>Clunky and imprecise movement controls. Can't even turn on your heels, you have to make a complete circle. Tapping the movement key to move slightly requires a full acceleration animation to play, rather than taking a single step.
>Most quests literally just involve holding RMB to follow the red trail until you find the glowing thing.
>Doing any quests at all over-levels you to the point where you outclass everything and can't level up unless you skip to the next zone.
>Gwent is broken as fuck and only one deck matters.
>Points of interest are a waste of time, since they only ever turn out to be a few dudes or low-level monsters guarding a chest full of junk.
>Junk that, by the way, your inventory will fill with to the point that it's impossible to find what you actually need, since you can't sort that shit quickly.
>Did I mention that money is useless and you get more of it than you can ever spend, since there's nothing to buy?

Should I keep going?
>>
>>319701424
I read the books and i still picked Triss.
She's a qt and she doesnt mind getting her hand dirty to help Geralt.
Meanwhile Yen is kind of a dick and she has that "im way too noble for this shit" look whenever she talks to Geralt
>>
>>319702887
I installed a level scaling mod for my second playthrough. Best decision I ever made, honestly. I've been able to do any monster contracts I want as soon as I arrive in a village, cleared out the whole western half of Velen already, just going from village to village doing contracts as I do the main quest.

The only downside to it is that bosses are a bit too easy and wolves/dogs have way too much health, but other than that it just makes me feel like I have so much more freedom.
>>
>>319697853
>Is X considered to be a good game?
How about googling few professional game reviews?
/v/ is probably more biased source to feel popular opinion than your average shilling game journos.
>>
>>319703114
>I read the books and i still picked Triss.

Said no honest person ever.
>>
>>319702926
I agree with most of those points, except for the movement which is much more precise now with the alternate movement option. There's definitely many flaws but I still find it to be a solid game, especially considering very few games in it's genre do anything better.
>>
>>319703398
And because I'm not an anti-critical "shut up and turn your brain off" player, I found it to be a highly flawed game where the few positives didn't manage to drag the whole above the level of completely average.

Seriously, take away the CDPR graphics, and then evaluate the game, and tell me if there's any way it can be rated as "the best RPG ever made", when it's barely more competent than fucking Risen 3.
>>
File: JcHJ1Jg.jpg (194 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
JcHJ1Jg.jpg
194 KB, 1680x1050
>>319703114
>read the books
>prefers Triss

hue?

Somehow they even managed to make her look worse in TW3 than in previous games, making Yen an even easier choice.
>>
>>319703567
You're delusional if you think Risen 3 (or any of the Risen games for that matter) is anywhere on the level of TW3.
>>
>>319703730
That's not what I said. Risen 3 is dogshit.

I said TW3 is not that much better.
>>
File: squirt guns.jpg (24 KB, 544x427) Image search: [Google]
squirt guns.jpg
24 KB, 544x427
>>319703567
>And because I'm not an anti-critical "shut up and turn your brain off" player, I found it
Fedoras get off of /v/
>>
>>319703835
You have a real hate boner for TW3 don't you.
>>
>>319704039
It wasn't that great of a game. Why do you worship it so much?
>>
>>319702926
>How can a game be 10/10 GOTY if it's just "good enough"?
I didn't say it'd deserve the title, even if I think it's a great game.
I hated the leveling system and how I always ended up buying diagrams for gear that was already obsolete or was dozen levels away in the future.
The point is it feels like people tend to judge other games of the same genre with different mind and give break for flaws they go apeshit over when it's Witcher, because that's the popular thing to do around here.
>>
>>319704253
Because in my opinion it is great. I don't care how much you try to tell me it isn't.
>>
>>319702926
Oh, I thought by gameplay you incorrectly meant combat, since so many people on /v/ seem to equate the two. My mistake. I agree with most of that, but a few caveats that improved those problems for me:

>Don't loot everything and fill your inventory with shit, that's pointless. Only pick up things you know you can use.
>Use the settings to disable witcher senses in minimap as well as POIs on the map.
>Level scaling mod. I hope you played on PC.

Other than that, witcher senses are overused in the game, the loot system is undoubtedly terrible with it's unnecessary randomization, and the level pacing is very poorly thought out. Those are all legitimate flaws of the game that hampered my enjoyment. But the things that the game does well simply outweighed them to me. As far as what I disagree with on your useless, money is certainly not useless since formulas and diagrams are very expensive. It's just way too easy to acquire due to the aforementioned shitty loot system, since you can just sell everything. I never really had problems with the movement, other than the oddly specific issue of having to face the object you want to interact with which can be hard if you're too close to it. Also, gwent is fun, but yes, it's too easy. But I still enjoyed it as it gets harder as you get to Novigrad and further.

I think if the loot wasn't randomized and was more well thought out, it would fix so many of the game's issues. That's a really frustrating problem with the game for me, but thankfully you don't have to loot everything.
>>
It's easily the worst Witcher game. And the story is not alright, it's pretty bad.
>>
>>319704321
>The point is it feels like people tend to judge other games of the same genre with different mind

This is exactly my point, though. Try and look at TW3 not as the "10/10 GOTY CDPROJEKT MASTERPEICE" that it was hyped to be, and evaluate it as an actual game.

Better yet, try and picture how your experience of the game would be different without the graphics everyone praises so much. It wouldn't remotely be the same "masterpiece". Hell, no one would even take it seriously, because it's just an average game.
>>
>>319704390
The combat is pretty shitty too though.
>>
>>319704589
Stellar argument. I disagree.
>>
>>319704629
That's fine. Maybe one day you'll play an action game and understand what good combat feels like, and why clunky shit like TW3's is so grating.
>>
>>319703114
>yen wasn't willing to get her hands dirty
If anything geralt was the prude when it came to doing fucked up shit to save ciri. Yen was willing to use necromancy, use the trial of grasses, and cause a natural disaster just to find ciri.
>>
File: video-games_00346229[1].jpg (341 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
video-games_00346229[1].jpg
341 KB, 2048x1152
>>319697853
>tfw i just finished Witcher 1
Neutral path best path
Tomorrow i´ll start with the sequel.
>>
>>319704864
Okay. I hope you reach a point in your life where you've played more than two RPGs. I have a feeling you'll stick to your epic action games though.
>>
>>319704390
>I thought by gameplay you incorrectly meant combat, since so many people on /v/ seem to equate the two.
That wasn't good either. It was way too easy on every difficulty and lacked any real depth. On the surface, potions and oils seem to do something, but they're never necessary and change nothing, and every enemy and boss follows the same simple patterns that never change or throw you a curveball. Once you learn how to dodge and when to hit, everything is trivial.

>Don't loot everything
Sorry, I don't accept "you're not playing this freeform-open-world-RPG correctly" as an argument or a defense for shitty game development.

>Use the settings to disable witcher senses in minimap as well as POIs on the map.
I did disable PoIs. That made discovering them even worse when they were all shit.

>Level scaling mod. I hope you played on PC.
I did, and before mods existed. I'm not playing through that shit again just so I can mod basic features that should have been thought about in development.

>But the things that the game does well simply outweighed them to me.
Still haven't named one.

>money is certainly not useless since formulas and diagrams are very expensive.
Did you not have 30,000 gold by level 25? I know I did. There wasn't shit to do with it.
>>
>>319704525
Now you're just being contrarian for the sake of it you bully.
You stupid bitch I'll skin you alive.

>>319704390
I agree with this. On the "Witcher Sense", considering Geralt has sharpened senses and is a master tracker it felt appropriate, but it totally felt borrowed from every other game with a similar mechanic (I blame Arkham Asylum for introducing Detective Vision). They could've made tracking more difficult by not blatantly highlighting important clues and having Geralt keep quiet. Still, it was a nice way to simulate the standard procedure of monster hunting.
>>
File: 20920_2015-06-12_00009.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20920_2015-06-12_00009.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Ayyy you stole my screen
>>
>>319705067
>They could've made tracking more difficult by not blatantly highlighting important clues and having Geralt keep quiet.

When I started the game, I expected to have to actually stop and examine the clues the Witcher Sense turned up, and maybe have to interact with them.

Like those parts where you have to investigate a corpse and look at all the parts, and then come to a conclusion? Nah, you don't have to make any guesses. Geralt just knows the answers.

That would have made it actually feel like a real RPG. If I had to check the clues against my database of monsters and their effects, attacks, habitats, etc.

>B-but Anon! That would take time! And reading! No one wants to do that!

And this is why it's a bad RPG and the genre as a while is lost. Because no classic RPG would be afraid of making you have to check your own notes and figure out your own answers.
>>
>>319705016
You seem very incapable of making objective assessments.

>Still haven't named one.

I don't see the point of arguing when you actually use the word shit to describe things. You're clearly narrow-minded and have even gone so far as to complain about things that are incorrect, meaning you would find things to hate about the game even if it was somehow flawless.

You're a typical /v/tard.
>>
>>319705593
That alone doesn't make it a bad RPG. To make the investigating/tracking that complex doesn't seem very feasible for a game of this scope. If anything I think you're just expecting too much.

Believe me I agree that's rad in concept but to execute that just seems very difficult.
>>
>>319705659
>incapable of making objective assessments.
If you think there are such things, then that means you think there are things that are "objectively" good about the game. Yet you don't want to name any, which means you either don't know what they are, or you think someone might take issue with them, meaning they're not really objective.

>You're clearly narrow-minded
Says the guy who's only response has been "I'd name why the game is perfect, but you'd just say it's shit!"

>gone so far as to complain about things that are incorrect
Which you conveniently have not mentioned here.

>meaning you would find things to hate about the game even if it was somehow flawless.
But you think there are objective criteria to evaluate, so clearly there must be something that is objectively bad about the game, or it WOULD be flawless.
>>
>>319697853
hey look, low tier bait.
>>
>>319705659
You literally can't come up with anything good about this game and it's fucking obvious. You've been given loads of arguments for why it's shit and your best defense is "w-well it still had things that I liked so that makes it good". You are a delusional CDPR-drone. You are literally just as pathetic as the Biodrones. Fuck. off.
>>
>>319701615
Sword fighting with humans was so much fun.

Too bad 90% of that game is killing monsters. Most of which fucking fly.
>>
>>319706006
>defense

lol he's not on fucking trial, it's an argument over >opinions

fucking retard
>>
>>319697853

It's OK to be too stupid to understand the story OP.

It's OK to prefer cowadoodie.

You're alright, buddy :)

Please don't shoot up my school...
>>
>>319706006
I really hope you don't actually think this way, for your sake.
>>
>>319705941
You are right. That along with all the other things mentioned make it a bad RPG. And expecting too much is not the issue. It's a pretty reasonable thing to expect from an RPG, especially one that largely focuses on tracking down monsters and shit. They made it into a big feature by making you investigate shit over and over again, tons of times, and yet it is simultaneously one of the most shallow and boring features of the entire game as well. They fucked up regardless of what anyone expected.
>>
>>319702926

But literally every game can be compartmentalized into simple and routine tasks that on paper seem shit.

I get that people love to criticize The Witcher because it was praised for all of its "deep gameplay" but have a look at any game you've played or like and deconstruct it on paper (without bias) and you'll find that no game is anything more than just "press x to ____ ...the end."

I realize that OP asked fot critique on the game but I think games really should be judged more on the amount of fuh they are. It's the reason why Fallout 4 even being objectively shallow as fuck still gets praised by the masses, it knows how to make people have fun and honestly that's the most important thing in vidya if you ask me. Deep anaylsis of a video game is just pointless because no game is deep at all.
>>
>>319706663
Yeah, this is why discussions on /v/ are always shit. Memetexted lists mean nothing because games are more than the sum of their parts.

That, and every person on /v/ like the guy you're replying to can't distinguish opinions and facts. They see every argument as a contest to see who's "right".
>>
>>319706663
>It's the reason why Fallout 4 even being objectively shallow as fuck still gets praised by the masses, it knows how to make people have fun
You don't get to claim this is some objective thing. I played Fallout 4 and I couldn't stomach it for more than a few hours because it was boring and everything about it was shallow and pedantic. It didn't have any roleplaying, it didn't have any depth, and it didn't have any gameplay that could be called engaging or interesting.

But you don't think that. You think it's "fun", and because of that, you don't give a shit.

You know what that is called? Being an anti-critical idiot.

>Deep anaylsis of a video game is just pointless because no game is deep at all.
Fuck it, you're right. Let's all just mash our faces on our keyboards and pay full retail price for whatever Kotaku tells us to because "lol its fun so it's fun because i said it's fun".

Who cares about evaluating anything? Who cares about thinking or caring? Just ignore anything that's not fun and everything becomes great!
>>
>>319706984
Exactly, the things I think are good about this game are subjective. If I compiled a list somebody would counter with their own telling me why they're shit.
>>
>>319706984
>and every person on /v/ like the guy you're replying to can't distinguish opinions and facts.

You keep claiming there are facts to discuss, but you haven't pointed out any.

The only person in this thread pretending there's some objective criteria by which to evaluate games is you.
>>
>>319707280
>If I compiled a list somebody would counter with their own telling me why they're shit.
And you'd cry that they're wrong because "its fun for me!"
>>
>>319707305
Who?
>>
>>319707217
Are you alright? If a friend surprised you with a birthday cake would you construct a list on why it's shit? You just come off as a bitter asshole.
>>
>>319697853
Same here.
I tried to play it on 4 different occasions. Always dropped it after around 10 hours or so. Just couldn't get into it. Just seemed so boring.
>>
>>319707394
No, that's your opinion, get over yourself.
>>
>>319707217
Believe it or not you can evaluate something objectively while still having fun

>literally no fun allowed: the post

holy shit now I get why that guy called you a typical /v/tard
>>
>>319707606
>you can evaluate something objectively

Prove it. Evaluate something about TW3 "objectively" right now.
>>
File: 1449268809840.jpg (23 KB, 190x179) Image search: [Google]
1449268809840.jpg
23 KB, 190x179
>>319706165
And he has failed at bringing in any arguments of his own, all he has tried to do is dismiss the other guy's critique. Kinda like how you're crying over semantics right now because you can't think of a proper argument.

>>319706567
And I hope you deluded fanboys will realize someday that your precious game of the year has a lot of shitty, half-assed poorly thought out features in it and that it's perfectly reasonable for people to not like the game because of them. Yeah sum of its part yadda yadda, you don't think people who disliked the game fucking know that? They are criticizing the game because they disliked it as a whole. They are just pointing out the most glaring and annoying flaws with the game when they make posts about it and every fucking time all the fanboys come up with this weak ass non-argument bullshit like trying to dismiss everything you criticized about because you used the word "shit" to describe something or the grand epic "I'm not gonna bother arguing with you at all because you'll just say I'm wrong anyway" HEY FUCK IT WHAT'S EVEN THE POINT OF HAVING AN ARGUMENT OR DISCUSSION ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL?

Yeah, I'm mad. And you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots. Whoop-dee-doo.
>>
>>319707713
We're deluded for liking a game you don't? We understand there's faults, we enjoy it anyway. What the fuck do you want from us, to convince you to like it too? 'cause that's not gonna happen.
>>
File: 1.jpg (49 KB, 525x528) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49 KB, 525x528
>>319707713
You're trying so hard to sound intelligent while discussing a video game.
>>
>>319707894
I don't think you understand the issue here. If that is your stance then that's fine, but god damn are you a massive cunt if you're going to engage someone in argument about the quality of the game only to immediately afterwards pussy out and have nothing better to say than "LOL OPINIONS NOT EVEN GONNA SAY WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT MYSELF BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT AGREE LOL EPIC CAN'T WIN THIS ONE BRO". That's what happened in this thread, and it's pathetic.
>>
>>319707713
>And you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots.

Whoa, that's almost exactly what I was thinking about you! Weird, right? This is actually why I don't come to /v/ very often anymore, it's filled with drooling contrarian retards such as yourself who provide argumentative discussion that's about as good as talking to a parrot. Yeah, that's actually a really good analogy.

>ha ha nobody has said why TW3 is good yet, I win

It must be because the people you're attacking have seen straight through you and the way you think, and decided no amount of refutation or arguing with you will do anything other than make you more filled with vitriol. The /v/ mentality has literally brainwashed you into thinking that discussing a game is about "proving" your opinion is correct. This is so obviously evidenced by the people who replied to a long list of problems with TW3, and actually admitted some of those are genuine problems, proving they're more intelligent and malleable when it comes to matters of opinion than you are. You will never give an inch of your opinion away, never change, never admit a good point, you'll be stuck in your cycle of repetitive shitposting until you learn that the people being proven wrong are the ones who are walking away having changed for the better, unlike you.

Now go ahead and call me mad, but is there really anything for me to be mad about when it's so obvious what kind of poster you are?
>>
>>319708230
Because the things I like about the game are subjective.

I like the visuals, I think the texture-work is well done, the lighting is gorgeous and the world/character/monster design are great and believable.

I like the voice acting and writing, each character feels distinct and real. I can easily empathize with anyone while staying in the role of Geralt and responding in-character.

I enjoy the combat, figuring out every enemy types patterns and what I need to do to beat them. Signs and alchemy introduce enough depth into the combat that it keeps me interested.

I undestand the game could be better, but I can appreciate it for what it is and I could go more in depth as to why I appreciate it but I don't care enough to do that right now.
>>
How the hell they ported it to 360? Shit I want the console's lightning engine
https://youtu.be/5giXgNCh3z8
>>
>>319701263

I enjoyed roches path more than iorveth. Chapter 2 iorveth is a solid 2/10
>muh faggot weeb dragons
>>
>>319701997

Gwent. Checkmate faggot
>>
I've finished both TW1 and TW2, both after the "rerelease" came out, and mostly due to a drought in RPGs.
For me personally, a setting I can get immersed in or a good story can salvage a game with shallow or just rough combat. Morrowind and Pathologic, for example, are both not known for their fun combat but they're some of my favorite games.
Even so, I didn't feel either of the Witcher games I finished, nor the 20 or so hours I played of 3, to be particularly great. I enjoyed myself somewhat while playing, but I simply don't get why people claim they're great games. For me they all felt like the very definition of a mediocre RPG, doing the minimum of what I'd expect out of one and nothing but that. I'm impressed especially with TW2 and that they made so much content that the player would miss the first time around, considering the rather huge choice in the first chapter, but that has more to do with the development team's balls than their actual writing talent. I simply didn't find the world and stories to be as memorable as many claim them to be.
Maybe it's just because I'm yuropoor and used to read lots of myths and fairy tales as a kid, causing the world of the games to feel less alien to me.
>>
>>319704968
tfw i really miss these illustrations that would play when the consequences of a choice came up again
>I need to avoid those situations, remain neutral, not get involved.
Still gives me goosebumps every time i replay it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-vu4LHhrI
>>
Imo it's good. Not great but good. Like 6/10 good.

Game starts falling apart around Act 2 and then gets gangraped and murdered in Act 3. Flotsam was amazing, would rather the game follow Flotsam style settings and structure rather than delve into some foreign politics bullshit that makes it feel like a half-baked game of thrones.

Then again I prefer it when Witchers be Witchers and take jobs and shit instead of romping around a military camp.
>>
>>319708882
>the people you're attacking have seen straight through you and the way you think, and decided no amount of refutation or arguing with you will do anything
Then why did you engage in the argument to begin with?

>The /v/ mentality
Please. You just can't handle a negative discussion about the game.

>This is so obviously evidenced by the people who replied to a long list of problems with TW3, and actually admitted some of those are genuine problems, proving they're more intelligent and malleable when it comes to matters of opinion than you are.
Nobody even tried to make a list or point out anything good in the game whatsoever, so those who disliked the game were never given a chance to agree about something good in the game.

>You will never give an inch of your opinion away, never change, never admit a good point, you'll be stuck in your cycle of repetitive shitposting until you learn that the people being proven wrong are the ones who are walking away having changed for the better, unlike you.
It's really funny how much irony lies in this. Again, you never even gave the opportunity for anyone to agree with you because you did everything you could to avoid discussing it and instead just dismissed everything the other guy had to say. All because you treat everyone who has something bad to say about this game as part of some mindless hateful hivemind with a low IQ and of course believe yourself to be so much better and open minded than all of them. You don't even give people a chance, you are the problem here. For the future I'd suggest dropping the whole "me vs them" attitude. Or at least if that's how you're gonna be, you're free to leave this place forever, it'd be better without you.

Oh, and congratulations on making the most pretentious post I've read all day. Surely none of us /v/ sheeple could stand a chance to the brilliant mind of you.
>>
>>319711218
Because you obviously hate the game considering your vehement badgering of the games flaws, if you actually wanted to discuss the game you wouldn't only focus on the negatives. The only reason you're here is to convince us your opinion is right and that we should stop liking what you don't like. The dude you responded to was on point about you.
>>
>>319712762
>you obviously hate the game
Not true.

>if you actually wanted to discuss the game you wouldn't only focus on the negatives
If I wanted to list reasons why I think the game is not good, why would I start listing the things I liked? The discussion could've gone on to things that I did like if I wasn't instantly dismissed by the other guy pussying right the fuck out from the getgo.

>The only reason you're here is to convince us your opinion is right and that we should stop liking what you don't like.
It really isn't but since I will never be given an opportunity to disprove that then what the fuck ever. You can go fuck yourself and take the other guy with you, I'm going to bed now.
>>
>>319697853
>I finished it today
>I didn't enjoy it
Why did you even play it if you weren't enjoying it?
Holy fuck nigga.
>>
>>319712762
Don't waste your time, anon. Just hide his posts on sight if you're tempted to reply.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.