[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys planning on maining K rool when he comes out on tuesday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
Are you guys planning on maining K rool when he comes out on tuesday?
>>
>implying it won't be ridley
>>
>>319692719
K Rool is already deconfirmed
>>
I will never understand why people want this ugly motherfucker. He'd just be a useless heavy like Bowser.
>>
>>319694917

>implying Bowser sucks

are you stupid?
>>
>>319695026
>implying Bowser doesn't suck

are you?
>>
Very excited for the Krock!
>>
>>319694917
>being a competitivefag
>>
>>319695026
He's lower mid tier, that's pretty bad.
>>
>>319695336
He's worse than that. Name 5 characters worse than him.
>>
But he's already out and plays like the mii brawler?
>>
>>319695217
>>319695336
>>319694917
Bowser's got a really fucking fun and unique style, what's wrong with you people
>>
File: funkykongo.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
funkykongo.gif
1 MB, 320x240
As someone who wants K.Rool, I never understand why fans of characters do this.

I mean, either it's bait, someone wanting a lot of (You)'s, or just that willing to get set up to be BTFO.
>>
>>319695409
Zelda, Palutena, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt Duo
>>
>>319695409
Jiggly, Game&watch, Robin, Dr mario, D3
>>
ITT: Rool fags begging to get BTFO a second time.

Don't worry, this next stomach punch should finish you autists off and send you to the bottom of the shit pile with the Ridley fanbase, where you can both tear each other's throats out for whatever table scraps Sakurai accidentally drops.
>>
>>319696854
>Being this autistic because other people want a character you don't
>>
>>319695740
>>319695909
>Tfw you use Jiggly, G&W, and Robin ;_;
>>
>>319697159
No-one like K rool

The stupid fanboys keep talking about him and shout down anyone who disagrees with them. They also discount any other valid choice because "MUH K ROOL".
>>
>>319692719
yes
>>
>>319694917
>heavy
This guy can jump like he's on the moon in his games, my familia.

Also he's the rightful antagonist of the DK series. He should be in just because of that.
>>
>>319698261
I like him. Id rather have some one from a unrepresented franchise like Issac or Andy/Sammi or Banjo but if Sakurai made his moveset based off all his disguises, It would be fun.
>>
>>319692719
How do I achieve King K. Rool mode?
>>
>>319692719
no
online is annoying enough as is, I'm not going to bother with a heavy character in that environment
unless he's fucking amazing that is
>>
>Mario got a villain rep
>Zelda got a villain rep
>Star Fox got a villan rep
>Pokemon got a villain rep
>Donkey Kong... Yeah thanks Samurai
>>
>>319697159
I don't care for Rool, but the arrogance before and AFTER the costume announcement has been astounding. You fags have no business asking people if they're going to main a meme crocodile who's already been skinned long before the upcoming presentation. Just thought I'd do the neighborly thing by dropping in to remind you scalebound autists how delusional you are, so as not to get your hopes up for what's basically a fantastical pipe dream of druggie proportions. Sakurai is going to teach you some humility, boy.
>>
>>319698804
Donkey Kong is part of Mario
>>
>>319698804
>metroid
>yoshi
>wario
>mother
>fire emblem
>f zero

Your not the only one faggot.
>>
>>319699021
My ass it is.
>>
File: 1447552660781.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447552660781.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>319699097
Im fine with K Rool in smash. But now your just sounding stupid.
>>
File: Cranky dong.png (40 KB, 230x160) Image search: [Google]
Cranky dong.png
40 KB, 230x160
I'll be maining pic related, since I'm not a fucking faggot
>>
>yfw smash 4 pc is announced
>gabe weighs in!
>>
>>319699034
>metroid
Ok I'll give you this one I think
>yoshi
Baby Bowser is in, fag
>wario
Wario is a fucking vilain
>mother
Mewtwo
>fire emblem
Has too many villains to just pick one from
>f zero
Dead franchise
>>
If King K. Rool gets confirmed I'm gonna cum.
>>
File: King_Krusha_K.Rool.png (222 KB, 779x577) Image search: [Google]
King_Krusha_K.Rool.png
222 KB, 779x577
GOD SAVE THE KING!!
>>
>>319698804
Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's biggest series with the most recognizable villains. Zelda and Starfox only got theirs because it was easy to add them.

They just don't give as much of a fuck about villains as the fans in the west do.
>>
>>319699521
>Baby Bowser is in

The hell? No he isn't
>>
>>319699521
Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr are different Anon
>>
Nah, but I might main Cloud or Ridley.
>>
>>319694031
Mii costumes don't prevent characters from being in
>>
I actually want to know what anti-fags will do if K. Rool gets in. Hopefully mass suicide.
>>
>>319695279
how fucking casual do you have to be to make this post
>>
>>319702384
He was made in response to the ballot

It was a consolation prize
>>
>>319703587
>>319703587
casual enough to like and want new heavy characters.
>>
>>319700635
>>319700714
Like that maters. Its the same shit
>>
File: 1449519259375.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1449519259375.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
I want to see King K.ucks being BTFO next tuesday because they tought their shitty dead character "made sense".
>>
>>319700635
>>319700714
I like that two people felt it important to point out that Junior and Baby Bowser are different characters but no one noticed he called Mewtwo a Mother villain.

I think he might be trying to get your goat.
>>
File: 1446625616002.png (90 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
1446625616002.png
90 KB, 213x200
Just wondering... If they only counted votes with proper grammar, if people who wanted Rool typed in "King K Rool", "K Rool", "K. Rool" and other variations, would they all not count as they'd only look at all the ones entered as "King K. Rool "?
>>
>>319698536
By that logic so should Ridley.
>>
>>319705553
It depends on how thorough they are with checking the results, though I think its inevitable some votes will be lost. Just comes down to how much they account for things like that.

Also makes me wonder how many people wound up writing "Issac"
>>
>>319692719
I want Banjo
>>
>>319705553
>>319706163

It wasn't a popular vote, and I really don't understand why people think it was.
Never was it even implied that the character with the most votes would be added.
The ballot was a suggestion box. You named a character and gave reasons why you wanted them in the game.
The idea is that people from Nintendo read the suggestions and if they like the idea they make it into a character.
Popularity may sway their opinion, but ultimately 1 person could've voted for a character, and if they liked that 1 person's idea it could become a new character in the game.
>>
>>319692719
To be honest, I'd much rather have Sceptile. I'm not fond of slow heavyweights while I prefer speedy rushdown characters like Falcon and ZSS.
>>
>>319703784
Wow. What a shitty consolation prize. At least Sceptile got to be playable in another fighting game as a consolation prize for Sceptilefags who wanted him in Smash. We K. Roolfags got nothing! Why does Sakurai hate us so much?!
>>
>>319707556
Nigger, Krystalfags and Ridley fags and even snake fags are worse off than you. Fuck off.
>>
>>319706406
No one you're responding to said that K. Rool was the popular vote.

And do you really think they're going to mostly ignore the data gathered by this in favor of having some interns sift through the hundreds of thousands of votes to find a good idea?
>>
Just fucking give me snake back please and ill start playing again.

I love the idea of Cloud but if he's that a Roy or Shulk clone then fuck off.
>>
>>319708049
>No one you're responding to said that K. Rool was the popular vote.

My point is that it was being implied that the ballot was a popular vote and that they were counting votes.
There was no indication anywhere that they would be counting votes or making any decisions based upon a popular vote.

I think they want ideas that they can actually implement so even if 100,000 people say they want a character, unless they can implement that character in a way that lines up with their vision of things then they're not going to do it.

Ridley will never be in the game because he's too big and a shruken version wouldn't do him justice.
King K. Rool might have not be put in the game previously because they couldn't come up with an interesting move set.
The same could be true of a character like Bomberman.

I'm sure they'll do some form of parsing and look at the character spread, skim the arguments for certain characters and then look at how many people want any given character and figure out whether or not they can implement that character in a way they like.

Back to the point though:
There's no indication anywhere that this is being treated like a popular vote and votes are being counted and I don't understand where people are getting this notion.
>>
>>319708762
Maybe because it's just common sense that when you have access to useful data like how popular a character is you should use it, and that's precisely how all of the previous Smash polls worked.

They never guaranteed that the most popular would get in but that's not the same as saying "we're ignoring all the numbers". It's likely they just left it ambiguous in case there were some issues with the top choices.
>>
>>319708762
>Ridley will never be in the game because he's too big and a shruken version wouldn't do him justice.

This shitty meme needs to die. Ridley was never about being big nor is that his character. I didn't see people saying anything against Doshin the Giant (Yes, he was requested by people) even though the game's title is literally the main character's name which this said character's name is followed up by a title that literally means gigantic.

>King K. Rool might have not be put in the game previously because they couldn't come up with an interesting move set.

I've seen too many interesting move-sets created by fans, and seen Sakurai's work for myself. You're telling me he can't come up with an interesting move-set for King K. Rool but can come up with move-sets for the likes of WFT, Duck Hunt, Villager, R.O.B and basically create Mr. Game & Watch?
>>
>>319709620
Maybe he just pixed dixie over King K rool this time m8.

He liked her more.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went with krystal over wolf or wolf over krystal again.
>>
File: Pair of Kings.png (41 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Pair of Kings.png
41 KB, 320x320
K. Rool fag here. Been supporting since Smash 4 was announced.
Is there even hope? Why would Sakurai release the mii costume with all those other obvious deconfirmed character costumes? Sakurai wouldn't do this just to mess with us, just look at how Ridley was teased for months only to never get confirmed.
>>
>>319710684
You know, I wouldn't even be surprised if any of those characters got revealed on Monday. So as usual I set my expectations low.
>>
>>319710943
>Monday
Fucking dammit that should be Tuesday.
>>
>>319710842
>teased for months only to never get confirmed.
Exactly so what if he's doing the opposite by hiding him in plain sight?
>>
>>319694917
>like bowser
>whirling galleon
>>
>>319709278
>Maybe because it's just common sense that when you have access to useful data like how popular a character is you should use it, and that's precisely how all of the previous Smash polls worked.

I'm sure it'll be a factor, but you're fooling yourself if you think that if enough people vote for a character that means they'll get in.

>>319709620
Doshin the Giant isn't in Smash, so that's a really shitty argument.
Maybe if a giant character was in the game you could say Ridley wasn't excluded due to his size, but until then you're just blowing smoke.

>I've seen too many interesting move-sets created by fans

And I've seen Mugen, what the hell is your point? There's a big difference between writing down on paper a bunch of moves and actually building the moveset in the game.
You have shit like figuring out what the hitboxes will look like, what the frame data will look like, does it auto cancel or not? What's the knockback and trajectory going to look like?
And that's all if you can settle on what the moves will be in the first place.
Now, if you can figure out all of that, you have to then follow up with figuring out whether or not the moveset is balanced and if you can make it balanced.
You might come up with a moveset and make everything work as intended only to find out you can't actually balance the moveset and retain the ideas behind the moves at the same time.

Looking at how Smash has been patched thus far, they haven't actually changed moves for anyone-- in the sense that one move was replaced by another.
No, all the Smash patches deal with adjusting hitboxes, and the numbers behind the move while keeping the original move.

That's where all the developing time goes and that's why it's work coming up with a moveset that actually works and that can be balanced.
>>
File: tumblr_l9us5w3ofH1qcnbjko1_400.jpg (21 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l9us5w3ofH1qcnbjko1_400.jpg
21 KB, 400x309
>>319711780
So you ignore the fact I also brought up Sakurai's work as an example too? My point in bringing in fans and Sakurai's work is that the word "interesting" can be interpreted different contexts. Not just one, and you seem to imply he could not do it. Which in reality he could, hell it doesn't even have to be completely based off of source material since some characters didn't even have enough to begin with or don't even have enough referenced at all. Duck Hunt, WFT, R.O.B and G&M also have move-sets that needed to be balanced as well so I don't get your point by saying that. I understand what your saying about the process of creating a move-set and such but every character had to go through the same process, so again, what's the point in saying this? I already know this. But the fact in the matter is He's had ample enough time, especially considering this is DLC, the base game is complete and set in stone. All he has to do now is minor tweaks like buffs & nerfs: changes on frame data, hit-box tweaks, etc. So far in each patch there hasn't been anything significant like a whole animation revamp, which is something I don't really expect or see happening

The point in bringing up Doshin the Giant is because you literally just stated "it wouldn't do him justice" implying size is his defining character trait thus preventing him from being playable. Yet when Doshin was brought up no one made this claim or used this argument, I'm bringing this up based on the logic of the people using this argument against Ridley not based on the fact of him being in or not. And just as a btw pic related is also a pretty big character judging by this size chart. What I'm trying to really convey is that Ridley's character doesn't come from his size, its just a shitty meme, Ridley's title is the "Cunning God of Death" not the "Gigantic Space Crusader" or some shit
>>
>>319709620
>>319713915
Nobody questions Doshin supporters since they are a small minority and no one really bothers because of that.
>>
>>319705778
I concur. Nintendo's supposed flagship franchises are missing their villains.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Wolf, K.Rool, and Ridley eventually.
>>
>>319713915
>Duck Hunt, WFT, R.O.B and G&M also have move-sets that needed to be balanced as well so I don't get your point by saying that.

My point is that they were able to figure out interesting movesets for these characters and make them balanced. Granted, WFT and DH are considered two of the worst characters and ROB and G&W are generally considered pretty bad as well, they're still generally pretty balanced.

Ridley isn't going to be in the game because he's too big and now because he's a stage hazard on one stage.
I can't prove that's the reason he's not in the game, but if you look at his size on the stage he's in it's pretty obvious they wouldn't want to shrink him down to like a 5th of that size. Ridley is just a big guy and you can't shrink him down just to shoehorn him in.

>Yet when Doshin was brought up no one made this claim or used this argument, I'm bringing this up based on the logic of the people using this argument against Ridley not based on the fact of him being in or not

So basically you're arguing against people who aren't here right now. I can't help you with that, wait until one of those people are here and argue with them.

Ganon isn't THAT much bigger than Link. Link is like 2/3 the side of Ganon.
So they shrunk Ganon down a little bit for Smash.
There's a big different between shrinking your character by 5 inches and shrinking them by 15 feet.
>>
>>319714631
That doesn't excuse the shitty argument used. So I guess it really is true, people just say this shit because they're scared their favorite character won't get in. Or its that they just do this shit for fun. Gonna go with the latter.
>>
>>319715090
Just because a character is a stage hazard or assist trophy that doesn't mean it rules them completely out logically and technically speaking. Just as Ridley, Metal Face, and other hazards are disabled in 8 player smash they can do it for if the character were playable. Heck I'm also pretty sure there was an event where a specific assist trophy character (or PokeBall character, both items generally function the same way, activate it you summon X) would only appear after each time used disabling other assist trophies. So your saying they can't just simply disable one when chosen as as playable? I'm not saying this stuff is going to happen I'm just thinking logically.

And it doesn't really matter how big the character is, fact in the matter is, Ganondorf was re-sized, and was like that in WindWaker and Twilight Princess and even pretty huge in Hyrule Warriors. All they did was constrain his proportions and making him look proportionally normal compared to the other characters. They can do the same with Ridley, this is a group of professionals, not amateurs or intermediates.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.