[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me, /v/ every year my mom gets me a "big" gift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: KVBur6M.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
KVBur6M.gif
387 KB, 269x270
help me, /v/

every year my mom gets me a "big" gift for christmas. usually, this means that new console that just came out. this year, there isn't really anything i want

in my mind, that's fine. but i realize now, for the past 20ish years, christmas to her has been getting her son neat stuff, and if there is no neat stuff, christmas is ruined. with every passing day, she gets more desperate to spend money on something expensive and my attempts to convince her that i don't always need a "big gift" is just making her think "maybe he'll like one of those $300 electric scooter things"

if she's deadset on spending the money, i'd rather it go towards something that will actually see use. there must be something vidya related that isn't exorbitantly expensive i could ask for to pacify her. i can pay her back over the year to make up for whatever she plans to spend, but it's not going to fix the disappointment when she realizes i never use the thing

i realize this is about as first world problems as it gets, but i don't know what else to do

alternatively, what does /v/ want for christmas?

and while i'm at it, what is /v/ buying their mom for christmas? i've already got her gift together, but more ideas are always welcome
>>
Did you get her a grandchild?
>>
>>319692449
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>319692358
try sex, also not your personal blog kiddo
>>
ask for a video card or some pc part. She'll never now if you don't actually use it
>>
Nice blog.

I'm getting my mom a pair of earrings made out of gems in her preferred color/cut by one of those hand-maker types who cut a good balance between "not too expensive" and "not Etsy garbage". We generally do a reasonable trade on something we think the other would want, but has not sought out. That way it's cheap, pleasant, everyone is surprised, and nobody feels like they got shorted. A good rule for this awful consumerist sham of a holiday.
>>
I got my mom a deck of playing cards based on like windows 98 solitaire since I know she used to play that shit all the time

other than that it's nothing vidya related since she's not a vidya person.
>>
>>319692358
Ask for some kind of kitchen appliance or audio equipment.
>>
>>319692358
thx for sharing, mind linking ur livejournal?
>>
>>319692449
fuck that, i'm adopting a cute loli if anything

>>319692637
that's pretty nice actually

>>319692846
were you in an accident or is that how it always was?
>>
>>319693065
Yeah, your birth ',;}
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.