[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started playing this game again recently, and I forgot how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Started playing this game again recently, and I forgot how much fun the combat was. I enjoy turn based combat, but it can get kind of boring after a good amount of time, and I feel like this game had a great solution with adding additions into the battle.
Are there any other turn based style games that are like Legend of the Dragoon?
>>
No, but this is now a thread about Dart and Lavitz love.
>>
>>319669547
I like it.
>>
I loved this game so much when I was 13, I wonder if I still have the muscle memory for Gust of Wind Dance.
>>
>>319670975
I struggled with that one
>>
Hated it. It's literally QTEs, all the time.
>>
>>319671687
Are there any other turn based rpgs that you hated because it was QTEs all the time?
Because I would like to play them
>>
>>319672151
If you really want more turn based games with unnecessary Simon Says bullshit, then I guess mario RPGs will be right up your alley.
>>
>>319671420
Lavitz's version is a bit tricky since you don't get much time with work with it but since I used Albert the entire game so I got very use to him.
>>
>>319672312
>>319672151
This. Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and the original Super Mario RPG for the N64. Although I just played 64 for the first time and it wasn't as polished as the later entries. Still definitely enjoyable, but you couldn't really even tell if the timing attacks were working sometimes without some experimentation.
>>
>>319672487
I played one the Mario and Luigi games on the GBA, I might still have it. I remember having some fun with it

>>319672467
Transitioning to Albert was probably the most difficult part of the game for me
>>
Gust of WINd dance.
>>
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPQE6QvRm90
>>
File: Wildarmscase.jpg (23 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Wildarmscase.jpg
23 KB, 256x256
>>319667976
Having a whole lot of fun with this one. What a well constructed rpg.
>>
>>319673497
Neat, I'm gonna have to check this one out
>>
>>319667976
I never beat the game as a kid. I remember taking way longer than normal RPGs to grind levels and I relied on items heavily.

Unfortunately near the end, I ran out of money and items and couldn't go backwards and grind so I got fucked and never bothered to restart the whole game.

Maybe I'll give it a go in the future with an emulator.
>>
>majority of PS1 jrpgs suffered from extremely high encounter rates with slow ass animations making you spend half your total playtime in non challenging boring fights
>somehow /v/'s favorite is one that suffers from exactly that but also forces you to do QTE's ten times every single one of those encounters
LoD might be the most overrated game on /v/
>>
>>319674125
I never beat it as a kid either, I tried a few years ago but my fourth disc was unreadable so I could never finish it. You're actually able to travel back areas in the game, you just need to switch discs sometimes to access certain areas
>>
>>319674354
No I was in the final final area. I think I was either at the final boss or very close to it.

I was past the point of no return. I guess I thought I could handle it but ended up getting my shit slapped and this was probably before I learned to have multiple saves (something I learned with FF tactics because Wiegraf is a cunt).
>>
>>319674813
Oh that sucks, I should probably start making multiple saves before I get to that point then...
>>
>>319674303
No way man, Planescape gets that prize.
>>
File: 589626-915253_20040811_003.jpg (47 KB, 712x480) Image search: [Google]
589626-915253_20040811_003.jpg
47 KB, 712x480
You might enjoy Shadow Hearts. Game has a totally different tone but the combat is similar.
>>
>>319675409
I've never even heard of this game, the combat looks pretty fun though
>>
>>319676276
It's the sequel to Koudelka, which was on the PS1. It's basically Resident Evil as a JRPG with tactical combat and resource management.
>>
>>319676446
Is Koudelka worth playing?
>>
>>319676579
Yes. It's also not that long. 20 hours at most.
>>
LoD is really abysmal. I honestly can't think of a single thing it did right.

The bad translation was pretty funny though.
>>
>>319676882
Sweet, I'll emulate it sometime then thanks
>>
>>319675409
Are the Shadow Hearts Games good for emulation?
>>
>>319677120
What didn't you like about it?
>>
File: Quality jrpg combat 2.webm (2 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Quality jrpg combat 2.webm
2 MB, 720x540
>>319677157
First one doesn't like hardware mode outside of combat.
Sequels have lightning problems and transition issues between screens, most common in combat again in hardware mode.
>>
>>319667976
Legend of Legaia
Xenogears
>>
>>319677765
Everything except the bad translation.
>>
>>319667976
It'd be a lot better if two-thirds of the party and one of its two main gimmicks weren't irrelevant halfway through.
>>
>>319678070
Legend of Lagaia looks amazing, does it emulate well?
>>
>>319678527
I played it a gorillion years ago on an ancient version of pSX, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>319678679
Awesome, that's definitely going on my list
>>
>>319678275
Do you normally like JRPGs?
>>
>>319678937
Yes. I even liked it when I was a dumb kid and didn't know any better.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.