[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, /v/. I've been playing for just a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (142 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
142 KB, 250x250
I don't get it, /v/.
I've been playing for just a few hours and suddenly I can use fully evolved lv50+ Pokemon in my team. Why wouldn't I just use them for every mission? I just tried a dungeon with Alakazam, Salamence and Tyranitar, and life is a thousand times easier.

Am I missing something?
Is it just going to make life harder in some kind of mandatory story mission where you're forced to play as your starter or something?
>>
They fuck off for a few missions if their level is way above yours
>>
>>319646301

also you are forced to use your starter, your partner and between one or more story pokemon in every single story mission
>>
>>319646192
>Am I missing something?
yes
they go on breaks
you just "wasted" your 3 strongest pokemon for a few dungeons on a easy one
now if there's a particularly hard one you want to do you have no team

also you are forced to use your starter in story mode
>>
You don't use them on every mission because you just can't.
>>
File: 1408840421381.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1408840421381.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>squirtle & turtwig
>20 hours in, 200 pokemon befriended
>not a single one of them is mechanically and visually awesome enough to have solidified my 3rd party slot
>>
I thought the same thing, but a few things come into play later in the game

1. Can't use them during story.

2. Some of the missions you get would be absolutely impossible without a 50 on my side. I took Salamence on one mission because I wanted him to auto pilot and carry my level 17 team, and even that fucker was getting 2 shot on this mission. (It was the one where you fight Trapinch and a few other pokemon).

There are some other missions that will just rape your ass. Usually the ones where a pokemon wants you to fight them.
>>
>700 pokemon in
>only missing one rare treasure
>MC and partner 1 and 2 levels above my fav pokemon respectively
>favourite pokemon still vanishes frequently
This is bullshit
>>
Welp, just beat the main story and watched the MC cry throughout the whole fucking credits.

That "dead inside" feeling that I get after I stop identifying with the MC has returned. What should I do?
>>
>>319648558
Keep playing
>>
>>319648657
ooooooof course.
>>
>>319646192
Because the game actively won't let you do so.
Use one of those one mission, get stuck without them for 10 or so.
>>
>>319646992
It sounds to me like you want another turtle.
>>
>>319646992
You should use a fire starter and abuse the pledge moves.
>>
>>319648790
I've been waiting for torkoal
>>
>>319648558
Fuck, this is the most depressing credits I have ever seen
>>
File: scr_8_TOP_LEFT.png (135 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
scr_8_TOP_LEFT.png
135 KB, 400x240
>"Hey faggot"
>"welcome to MY MONSTER HOUSE"
>Didn't bring any orbs
>Throw my teammates at the metric fuckton of onix
>They get massacred
>limp to the stairs with a conga line of onix ready to ream my asshole
>Make it with 1 hp and poison status that would've killed me next step
>All I get is shitty rotom for this suffering
This fucking game
>>
>>319650807
>no monster house clearing alliance
>no wands either
you desevered it scrub
>>
>>319650949
How was he going to have some moves that early in the game?
>>
>>319650949
I dont see how wands wouldn've helped since for every one poke I incapacitate there's several more focus firing me. And what moves would even be good for an alliance in a monster house? To me it seems easier to plop one of those sleep orbs and sneak out.
>>
>>319651624
Warp wands are handy because they have a splash that affects 9 tiles. Wand expert emeras can help too.

Any room AOE move in an alliance is great, if you have one on all 3 of your team your are unstoppable.
I use Blizzard + Heat Wave + Frenzy Plant, 9/10 times I defeat the entire monster house on first turn.

>>319651585
This is true though. I suggest investing in smaller splash moves. Things like Cut which can be got from Coffagirus for 3 gold, or other things like Overheat.
A good starting room move is discharge which most electric types get level 30ish I think. The mid game would be heat wave, teach a fire type Pokemon it for 10k gold once you can use the Learn function at Hawlucha's.
>>
>>319650807
>Rotom
>Shitty
Rotom learns 2 screen clearing attacks(Discharge and Ominous Wind) which can help you out if you stumble into a monster house.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.