[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that atrocious kingdom hearts combat to appeal to the ADHD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 512x288
>that atrocious kingdom hearts combat to appeal to the ADHD audience

The remake wasn't killed by the announcement of it being episodic, it was already dead since they showed the second trailer.
>>
>>319630684
>atrocious
>kingdom hearts combat
>>
nice cowadoody hud
>>
>>319630818
I don't get it either, isn't combat the only GOOD thing about Kingdom Hearts?
>>
But turn based combat isnt gameplay.

Turn based RPG literally require no skill. They just require you tobput in enough time fighting the same ahit so that you level and beat the boss.

At least arpg is actual gameplay
>>
>>319630684
I don't get why they didn't just make an entirely different game if they're going to change the gameplay and structure the story differently
>>
It's 2015, shit was dead the minute it was revealed
>>
>>319630684
Is that the native resolution?
>>
File: otra.png (11 KB, 156x152) Image search: [Google]
otra.png
11 KB, 156x152
Remember back in the 90s when we were kids playing FF6(3) and our faggot friends said they were boring so we punched them in their retarded dicks and told them to fuck off and play Streets of Rage?

Guess they won in the end.
>>
>>319631175

atb is actually worse that turn based. it's turn based with the enemy still moving while you're making decisions. You literally get penalized for stopping to try to use strategy.
>>
>>319631175
>press x to win
10/10 gameplay right there buddy
Gameplay of the fucking millennium
>>
File: 1438132719818.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1438132719818.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>319630684
>if you don't like outdated, tedious, boring, terrible in every way, that requires no skill or effort other than not killing yourself from severe boredom and lack of engagement ''gameplay'' you must have ADHD

What disease do you have then, neckbeard?
>>
>>319631583
It's a remake of a classic game.

They're allowed to be angry at this.

Nobody complained about it in KH or FFXV.
>>
>>319630684

it looks great, and it wasn't the fighting system that killed it.

nooo sir, what DID it was the episodic bullshit.
>>
>entire thread pretends one genre is better than the other and is the reason everything wrong in the world is wrong

Both are equally valid. What's wrong with FFVIIR is that there is a genre attached to the name this action game is stealing.

In general all genres are valid and none should have the right to usurp the other on its own turf. Its bad taste.

It was a dark period when the only decent ARPGs were KH and fucking Fable. Now that things have turned instead of celebration we see near death in the opposite end. I'm tired of this pendulum bullshit.
>>
File: 1440073261372.jpg (34 KB, 488x521) Image search: [Google]
1440073261372.jpg
34 KB, 488x521
>>319631691
Okay, I'll grant you that, but I guarantee you if they put shit based combat in, they would also complain about something even more stupid. You guys don't deserve anything nice.
>>
did they take out the materia system too?
>>
>hurr turn based takes no skill

Strategy is a skill, and turn based combat games generally require MORE of it than your average action game
>>
>>319632009
>>
>>319630684
its funny because we all know you're going to buy the game and enjoy it but still shitpost on /v/ about how bad it was.
>>
>>319632009
Doesn't mean the original VII required a lick of skill or strategy.
>>
>>319632005
No but i bet it will have some kinda dumb charge system. You will have to wait 30 secs to cast bolt
>>
>>319632009
In the case of FFVII and VIII combat, the only skill required is super-human patience
>>
>>319631852

It only looks terrible because it seem like its going to be an awkward hybrid of an action and strategy mechanics, ending up in an abomination of a game that doesn't know what it wants to fucking be

I mean the fact the director didn't even know he was helming the project when it was announced already says alot, this game is going to lack focus and will suffer because of that
>>
File: JR0JX8b.gif (809 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
JR0JX8b.gif
809 KB, 245x238
jesus christ guys we're living in 2015. we dont fight taking turns anymore. this combat style is more modernized. stop living in the past. wake up already
>>
>>319632578
Why don't we wait until the game is released before you declare how good the combat system will be? Every game Nomura has made has better combat than FF7, even the weak ones like BBS.
>>
>>319632009

The thing is that VII isn't proper turn-based. It's time-based. You just wait for a meter to fill up and then select attack (or heal if it's a boss fight and you actually have to pay attention to your party's HP). It just turns into a DPS race. There's no strategy to any of it.

Real turn-based would be something like FFX, FFT, or most SMTs, where there are actual TURNS where you generally have to plan out your moves.

ATB is just the bastard child of turn-based and action, with neither genre's good qualities. It was a product of the time, they didn't have the resources/couldn't be assed to be full action but they wanted to make battles more "exciting". Now that Square-Enix actually knows how to make action games, ATB is obsolete. There's still plenty of room for turn-based games (Bravely Default being one), but they can focus on actually being turn-based instead of having to compromise.
>>
It's a fucking REMAKE
>>
>>319631691
>Nobody complained about it in FFXV

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>I play rpgs for the story
>wahh why do I have to actually play the game
>>
File: Zhuge-liang.jpg (73 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
Zhuge-liang.jpg
73 KB, 700x900
>My brilliant tactical mind is telling that I should use a healing item when my HP is low
>Ohoh, the enemy is weak to lighting magic? Then I shall exploit this weakness with my spells.
>Hah hah, now my cunning plan of using omnislash to do more damage than the enemy has will come to fruition. Just as calculated
>yes this is the most strategy intensive game ever
>>
the combat doesnt bother me, but the fact that its episodic is garbage
>>
>>319631254
This.

Its 2015/16 this is a time where even if a game looks good you immediately know it's going to be shit.
>>
>>319631350
Yeah but I enjoyed both those games for different reasons. You can't play FF with friends, you can with Streets of Rage.

You played RPG'S when you had a day to yourself but if you had mates round you put on some Streets, or Mario Kart or something.
>>
>>319630684
>WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>MOMMY THEY MAKE DA GAME DIFFERNT
LOL
>>
>>319633319
>the combat doesnt bother me, but the fact that its episodic is garbage

because?
>>
>>319633629
Sell 1/3rd of the content for 3 times the price.
>>
FF7 doesn't need a remake

They could have remade FF1 with Warrior of Light as the main character and further the hype of Dissidia since it seems WoL is the mascot of the game
>>
>>319633676
>Sell 1/3rd of the content for 3 times the price.

Because you know what the price of it's gonna be already.

If anything, the episodic nature will probably mean it's cheaper. Considering how every episode game released has been fucking cheaper.

Really, you assholes complain just to complain.
>>
>>319631462
>Press x twice to win

So much better
>>
They will probably use the advent child model for tifa, no big tits for you because bit tits are problematic.

No big tits and the cancer combat system square is pushing in all games is reason enough to stay away.
>>
>>319633676
Do you even fucking understand why it's episodic? So fucking stupid I swear
>>
I would've been completely fine with this as FF7-2. All FF7 needed imo was an updated translation for the numerous ports it got.
>>
>>319633629

This >>319633676 (it's Square-Enix, come on now) and also

>segmented world
>disjointed as fuck if played at release (beat chapter in a few hours, wait 2-6 months for the next one, repeat)
>messed up pacing because each chapter has to have its own beginning middle and end

Changing the combat is fine, adding new content (within reason) is fine, but going episodic is just shit. It's already a plague on adventure games, it shouldn't spread to other genres.
>>
>>319634215

but the original FF7 was split up into three discs
>>
>>319632009
No nigger you are wrong, even since jRPGs were created it's a shitty genre with 0 skills. Just compare a retarded grind fest ike Dragon Quest compared to Castlevania 3.
>>
>>319634321
Are you fucking retarded? How is that at all the same as them releasing them months, possibly up to a year, apart and charging for each disc separately?
>>
>>319634457

i'm just saying that the original was segmented and was able to maintain pace since they were basically all structured as acts

I assume the remake is going to do the same?
>>
>>319633224
Underrated post
>>
>>319634321

Which was developed in one cycle, was sold in one package, and could be played in one go. That's not gonna happen with FFVIIR.

When you think episodic, think The Walking Dead or Life Is Strange. Those kinds of "adventure games" are the reason Square-Enix even went forward with this development model. Their episodes are generally highly linear, cinematic, segmented, and vary wildly in quality. In my opinion that's not a good match for a JRPG.

And VII was already fairly linear, VIIR probably won't even have a world map because each episode will be too focused on their specific areas and plots. They won't be a continuous game, they'll be separate experiences.

>>319634578

Well for one thing, FFVIIR will almost certainly have more than two chapters. And yes, I say two and not three because VII's third disc was just the last dungeon and short as fuck by comparison.

FFVII had separate discs because of FMVs taking up too much space, FFVIIR has separate episodes because they want the extra development cycles and a quicker return on their investment.
>>
So assuming FF7R will be broken up into thirds or fourths, where will the end points be? Jenova fights?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.